The "Breakfast" thread

Johnny West

I ended up cooking all the bacon I had. Matt liked the French toast and made a bacon butty with added pepper Jack Cheese. Maddie would only eat the bacon. I had mine traditional.

EF2278B9-BA15-4B3E-BDEA-2D0FB038F114.jpeg
E9B629E6-AEDD-49CC-849F-F0852DC37028.jpeg
B00FE659-91D8-4D27-A604-894A24EDA432.jpeg
D2C8674A-AF25-44DD-9AEB-43E91A18E037.jpeg

Jusa

I ended up cooking all the bacon I had. Matt liked the French toast and made a bacon butty with added pepper Jack Cheese. Maddie would only eat the bacon. I had mine traditional.

View attachment 55744View attachment 55745View attachment 55746View attachment 55747
I bake my bacon, too. I cook up a pound at a time and keep any I don't eat right away in a ziplock in the frig, which comes in handy for adding bacon to burgers, sandwiches, etc.

I cook mine on parchment paper. It's a lot cheaper than foil. Sometimes the underlying pan is a little greasy still from grease leaking through, but it doesn't leave the burnt stuck-on bits that just cooking bacon on a baking tray does, and the bacon doesn't stick to the parchment paper like it does foil. I get that the foil doesn't let anything get through at all, though (unless you accidentally tear a hole in the foil).

Johnny West

Breakfast was an egg, bacon, spinach and toast at Parker and Son’s Coffee Roaster. Their coffee was excellent but the sandwich was disappointing. After breakfast Nancy wanted to go to the basket factory which is right by the bagel shop so why she was shopping I bought an everything bagel with lox and the works which I shared with Nancy. I’ll be good till we get to the lobster roll place this evening.

6A52A1A5-D93C-442E-9D91-0652322D1164.jpeg
396F3054-B858-4BD4-9EA0-38D1732DB2F3.jpeg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Really impressive that you had them all done at the same time! I'm anxious just thinking about that!

Lee
It's the same as making one dish. I had all the fruit arranged and waiting on a platter. The piles of ham were portioned and ready to heat in the micro. The English muffins were all cooked at once in the toaster oven. On pot of hollandaise. And I poached all the eggs in a single batch at the same time.

Before I put the eggs in, I set the fruit on the waiting plates. All I had to do was lay out the muffins, top with ham and eggs, and spoon on the sauce. Like a production line. It wasn't that bad. And I didn't have to clean and peel any vegetables.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
My yokes broke, so I had scrambled (Someone told me yokes break easy
If eggs were too old. ? ) I cooked a whole pound of Bacon. BLT's later.
Toast w/ Jam. Coffee & Virgin Bloody Mary.

41323 brk.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We decided to take a 35 minute drive via expressway mostly to a breakfast/lunch place in Dania Beach in South Florida called Grampa's. It's a sit down restaurant, but they also have a small bakery and deli counter area with a couple of 2 seater tables. We've been there a few times before but rarely since it's so far. There's a handmade chocolate place not far from it called Jimmie's and an old fashioned ice cream parlor, Jaxson's, close by. Craig had eaten a good bit of his breakfast by the time I got around to taking pictures because I was "fixing" my grits, i.e. adding butter, cream, salt and pepper.

Craig had blueberry blintzes and potato pancakes with sour cream and applesauce. I had traditional eggs Benedict because they actually make their hollandaise from scratch.
20230420_112522.jpg

20230420_112530.jpg

20230420_112559.jpg