What are you doing today?

LastManStanding

I missed this section completely last few weeks. I have my fair share of pain. Lol. I have a toothache on the left, and two temporary fills on the right. So I can't bite from any side, and taking finely ground porridge only. Going to the second dental surgeon tomorrow to start filling the left tooth.
Earlier this week I went to the private practice of a professor of the university dental faculty, and he qouted 70k LKR which is around 250 USD. I know it's peanuts for that job in the West but here it's super expensive for the average person. So I'm going to the free clinic.
It will take at least two more weeks to get whole work done I guess.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I missed this section completely last few weeks. I have my fair share of pain. Lol. I have a toothache on the left, and two temporary fills on the right. So I can't bite from any side, and taking finely ground porridge only. Going to the second dental surgeon tomorrow to start filling the left tooth.
Earlier this week I went to the private practice of a professor of the university dental faculty, and he qouted 70k LKR which is around 250 USD. I know it's peanuts for that job in the West but here it's super expensive for the average person. So I'm going to the free clinic.
I hope you are able to get that fixed quickly!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Sounds terrible, LastMan! The sooner, the better!

Lee

LastManStanding

So I went to the free clinic and the doctor was really good. But the bad news is it's going to take at least 3 months to complete it. The next date is in January next year! So I didn't start it there, left the registration open in case I have to go back, and came back home.
Now I'm thinking what the next option is. 😅

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
OUCH! I sliced the side of my little finger at work the other day. I’ve had to use a finger condom).
I called out from work today because Buzz has an infected tooth. The whole left side of his face is blown up like a balloon! I took him to the dentist. Dentist extracted it this morning…..the abscess came out, connected to the tooth root! He’s in so much pain. So, the two of us are here napping the pain away….

LastManStanding

Had the last step of root filling done, and having been living on soup and prorridge for weeks, I was prepared to eat some solid spicy meal. But as the numbness went down it started paining. Looks like the pain will be there at least for 2 more days, and I must continue the porridge. 😅

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Here's what I'm doing today. Afternoon, then evening. Sorrento is the most beautiful place we've been. This is the view from our room.
20230925_133113.jpg
20230925_210645.jpg

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Had the last step of root filling done, and having been living on soup and prorridge for weeks, I was prepared to eat some solid spicy meal. But as the numbness went down it started paining. Looks like the pain will be there at least for 2 more days, and I must continue the porridge. 😅
I’m so sorry. I hope that pain goes away soon! Take care!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I saw an army orthopedic doctor today about the left hip pain I continue to have 3 years out from hip replacement. He gave me a shot of cortisone, got blood work, and may have a bone scan. The joint may be loose…yikes!

Geez!

Lee

LastManStanding

We’ll see. The shot helped this morning, not near as much pain.
My uncle had a knee pain for years, and he had some kind of an injection, and now he's alright I think. Now it's about two years, haven't heard him complain about the knee pain. But it was a cartilage issue he said.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
My uncle had a knee pain for years, and he had some kind of an injection, and now he's alright I think. Now it's about two years, haven't heard him complain about the knee pain. But it was a cartilage issue he said.
I worked in Orthopedic medicine for 18 years. Sounds like your Uncle may have had a steroid injection or a series of 3 injections called “Synvisc”. The Synvisc is made out of a rooster’s comb to lubricate and protect cartilage ☺️

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I worked in Orthopedic medicine for 18 years. Sounds like your Uncle may have had a steroid injection or a series of 3 injections called “Synvisc”. The Synvisc is made out of a rooster’s comb to lubricate and protect cartilage ☺️

RM, or anybody, what are your thoughts about prolotherapy?

Lee

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
RM, or anybody, what are your thoughts about prolotherapy?

Lee
Prolotherapy is still undergoing research to study if it actually works or not. Currently not FDA approved due to that fact. I’ve heard of it and read about it. I’ve not worked for any physicians who recommend it. Being sugar derived, it’s almost like a placebo effect……some patients believe it will work therefore it does. It’s most likely a therapy that you should speak with your Dr about. If they recommend, try it and see if it works for you 🥰

Johnny West

They didn't work for me.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Got my Seinfeld episodes waiting to play.
I'm looking forward to the one where Kramer digs the Merv Griffin show set out of a dumpster and has all the others on set.
Squirrel/Jim Fowler.. Elaine and the "sidler", doesn't take a lot to entertain me 🙂🤣

LastManStanding

I think that's what he had. And may be he had 3 injections. I cannot remember exactly whether one or three.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Today, early in the morning, the tree chopper crew were out on my street cutting down a tree.
It's one of two that sat on the street.
I love trees.
So I watched it come down from my front door.
Then whirring as they took off the branches with the chainsaws and ropes, then shoving it in the machine to chop it up.
My landlady said it had ash disease.
Now it looks kind of barren out there.
At least the other tree right directly in front of my apartment wasn't suffering the same.
We're used to peace and quiet in the neighbourhood, so you can imagine all of us looking outside.
I'm going to miss that poor little tree.

Then I went grocery shopping and took a walk to Oakwood Park with the puppy walkers.
They live down the street and we grieved over the tree being gone.
Stupid, I guess? but they add comfort to any street where you live.

LastManStanding

Had an argument with a "destination expert" on the TripAdvisor forum. He has been bullying every new member but he messed with the wrong guy. Lol. He straight away cuts down and insults anyone who mentions anything different from his ideas. I was answering a question from a potential tourist about train tickets. I gave the link to the official website of the railway ticket reservation which sells the ticket for approximately 7 USD. This expert insulted me and said it's a bad advice and tickets should be bought through an "agent" website for a much higher price. The argument went on for several posts, until I told him that anyone is entitled to become a joke, but not to abuse that privilege. Lol.