What are you doing today?

Johnny West

You have a hot tub? Nice!

Lee
Yes, but when we took trees out I lost my privacy, if you know what I mean.
Got my flu shot yesterday so today I’m dealing with the after effects.
Went to work, made and packaged 300 cookies (4 varieties), frosted and packaged 30 carrot cakes and I lost count on the cinnamon rolls lol
I need a road trip to Ocean Shores.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Well since 6pm I've had 5 trick or treaters.
That's more than we usually get at our apartments.
Down the street further where work is and the actual houses are, I've seen quite a few kids, most of which probably attended the public trick or treat at work.
Snowy Halloween, but that didn't last long.
Thank God lol

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I was hoping to drive across the new roundabout that's been in the works out on SR 108 and US24 here.
Well it's still not finished.
I used to drive across bigger three and four lane ones when I was in England.
Figured I'd show the locals how it's done.
People are freaking out. 🤔

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was hoping to drive across the new roundabout that's been in the works out on SR 108 and US24 here.
Well it's still not finished.
I used to drive across bigger three and four lane ones when I was in England.
Figured I'd show the locals how it's done.
People are freaking out. 🤔

People are freaking out over a rotary?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
People are freaking out over a rotary?

Lee
Yes they are.
It's the second one they've constructed here.
There is a small one out by the hospital, this one is in a very busy area to get from the major thoroughfare heading out of town.
There is an offramp and US 24 that is normally heavy with semi traffic.
Apparently it opened later this evening.
They removed all the traffic cones.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Screenshot_20231103-203321~2.png

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I probably should have put a direct link to ODOT instead of a Facebook screenshot.

Just looked up the difference between rotaries (Massachusetts has 118 of them, more than any other state) and round abouts. The latter are similar, but supposedly easier to use and safer.

I am a master of rotaries. They are only scary when other drivers don't follow the rules.

Lee

LastManStanding

Looking highly advanced, with a digital display etc.
In some of the old colonial bungalows in Sri Lanka you can still find the old heaters. Big brass cylinder with no temperature control whatsoever. If you leave it switched on too long, and open the wrong tap of the shower you will burn yourself. Always open both taps and get the right heat before jumping under it. Lol.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Back to the chiropractor today for another TENS session.
Ugh ..
Then hopefully a nice long walk.
By the time Dr. Lorenz got through the adjustment phase of working on my lower back, which always sounds like crushing a bag of walnuts, then my right shoulder which I was sure I was facing rotator cuff surgery, I was ready for the TENS at highest frequency on both areas.
Came home, took my two mile walk.
😊

Johnny West

Yesterday it was supposed to rain so we did the drive to Whole Foods which is up the street from Trader Joe’s. We loaded up on gluten free stuff - $$$ - and are set for awhile. They had some frozen seafood I liked the looks of but will shave that for later. It started raining while were were shopping and didn't stop till after we got home from dinner. Today I did some garden work for her - heavy lifting, and have more to do before we go to Utah for thanksgiving.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
By the time Dr. Lorenz got through the adjustment phase of working on my lower back, which always sounds like crushing a bag of walnuts, then my right shoulder which I was sure I was facing rotator cuff surgery, I was ready for the TENS at highest frequency on both areas.
Came home, took my two mile walk.
😊

I don't know what TENS is, but I'm sure I'd love it. Haven't been to a chiropractor in decades, but I was JUST thinking about going again. My hips are disturbingly aching.

Hoping my new walking shoes will help.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know what TENS is, but I'm sure I'd love it. Haven't been to a chiropractor in decades, but I was JUST thinking about going again. My hips are disturbingly aching.

Hoping my new walking shoes will help.

Lee
Chiropractic TENS units are used to put a pain relieving wave throughout the area central to pain.
They sell junk ones on the market that don't work really.
I had 3 across my lower back and 2 on my shoulder.
I have a hard time not giggling because the sensation is both pleasing and not quite painful, but does the job all the same.
Your body releases endorphins during the treatment. Probably why I get all giddy 😂