What are you doing today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌾🌼
Gold Site Supporter
I found a very sick kitty cat in the park while I was on my daily walk.
That poor thing was either diseased, had been beaten up by some other animal or who knows what? It was a mess.
There was a man fishing in the pond.
I walked over and asked him if he had a blanket or anything in his vehicle that I could use to take it back home with me.
He said it's a cat, it's sick don't worry about it.
Seriously?
So I picked it up and it immediately died in my arms.
😞
My plan was to get it back to my place, then call the humane society or any of the other animal places I could find.
So I walked back home, got a towel, walked back to the park again and brought it home.
The only person I could get a hold of who even cared was a city cop.
He came and got it and said I'll take care of the poor thing.
Thank you officer Dewey.

LastManStanding

That poor thing was either diseased, had been beaten up by some other animal or who knows what? It was a mess.
I walked over and asked him if he had a blanket or anything in his vehicle that I could use to take it back home with me.
Seriously?
😞
My plan was to get it back to my place, then call the humane society or any of the other animal places I could find.
So I walked back home, got a towel, walked back to the park again and brought it home.
Thank you officer Dewey.
The cat was lucky to die in loving arms, that's rare for an animal. The guy who said it's sick just leave it, that's a not so rare species that closely resembles humans.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Seriously?
😞
Thank you officer Dewey.
🤗

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Seriously?
😞
Thank you officer Dewey.

God, Lora, I'm traumatized just reading that! I would have been beside myself! I'm getting teary now.

What LastMan said.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌾🌼
Gold Site Supporter
The temperature outdoors finally dropped to 77.
I'm going to head out and walk up the street, then circle around and come back out and walk down to Oakwood Park.
My 20 minute power walk.
Then I'm going to find something good to watch on telly.
You all have a wonderful Friday evening.

LastManStanding

Started teaching a Korean guy English, mainly speaking (spoken English as they say). Common phrases etc, you know. It's exactly like how that Japanese guy in Mind Your Language drama speaks. It's actually surprising how certain sounds swap in their speech/pronunciation. Example the sounds /l/ and /r/ . I guess it will be equally hard for a European to speak Korean or Japanese without any long exposure. Anyway I started it reluctantly, to be honest, as I couldn't turn down a request from a friend. But now I love it I guess. He's very keen and enthusiastic.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌾🌼
Gold Site Supporter
I was back in ER early last evening because of a gout flare in my left big toe, which quickly blew up in my ankle like I'd blown a vein.
I was concerned that it was another surface clot, but thank God it wasn't.
They put me on a course of 0.6 Colchicine double dose while I was there, I got the prescription today to finish off the next few days to resolve it.
I was absolutely terrified and spent all last night with my leg elevated, and not wanting to share with the forum because that's how frightening it was.
Today I went back to see my doctor and she told me this is absolutely caused by being on your feet too much for years.
Right now I really don't know where I'm going to go from here as I'm scared I'll sooner or later become unable to work.
I stopped by to see my Granddaughters today.
Thankfully the med IS working!
The swelling is down, no pain at all.
I was on allopurinol once many years ago for the same thing, but it did nothing and it went away .
That was way back in 2009.
I guess I'm just getting OLD.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I was back in ER early last evening because of a gout flare in my left big toe, which quickly blew up in my ankle like I'd blown a vein.
They put me on a course of 0.6 Colchicine double dose while I was there, I got the prescription today to finish off the next few days to resolve it.
I was absolutely terrified and spent all last night with my leg elevated, and not wanting to share with the forum because that's how frightening it was.
Today I went back to see my doctor and she told me this is absolutely caused by being on your feet too much for years.
Right now I really don't know where I'm going to go from here as I'm scared I'll sooner or later become unable to work.
I was on allopurinol once many years ago for the same thing, but it did nothing and it went away .
REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And retire.
Take care of yourself.

🤕 🛌 🧘 🍹

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
(((Hugs))) Take care of you ❤️

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌾🌼
Gold Site Supporter
It's going to be a restful day.
Got off at 6:20 this morning, came home, showered, brushed my teeth and literally fell into bed and slept for 4 hours.
It's crazy.
I'll probably have a nap this afternoon then go to bed early tonight.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Just saw this, Lora. Dad had terrible bouts of gout years ago, NOT from being on his feet for long periods of time ( he has always been extremely sedentary) and has been on allopurinol for decades. Never had a bout of gout since.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌾🌼
Gold Site Supporter
Just saw this, Lora. Dad had terrible bouts of gout years ago, NOT from being on his feet for long periods of time ( he has always been extremely sedentary) and has been on allopurinol for decades. Never had a bout of gout since.

Lee
No gout isn't caused by being on your feet for long periods, but it can sure exacerbate the situation.
Gout can be caused from consuming too much alcohol and eating red meat.
I don't do either to excess.
I guess I'm just lucky 🙄🤣

All that said, I'm working tomorrow night and have picked up extra shifts since my three long gone nurse friends have signed on with Clipboard agency to come back and work with us.
At least they'll be there and know the facility and most of the residents.
One has been gone since covid and has been working in a nearby factory called Dana.
I'm thrilled Amanda is coming back.
No more careless nurses coming down from Detroit or Toledo just for the mega-bucks!
🙄

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌾🌼
Gold Site Supporter
I’m doomed 🤦
Not necessarily. Lol
Mark, if your body isn't at all acidic or has a tendency to be like mine is, you won't have a problem.
I've had uric acid imbalance for years, also my stomach acid tends to go haywire.
My ulcer was caused by taking too many aspirin, ibuprofen and any other pain killer to take care of the arthritis in my hip.
I can only take arthritis strength Tylenol now.
That doctor I saw in the emergency room told me I couldn't get gout in the fifth metatarsal on the side of my foot, but I knew that's what it was before the gout moved into my toe and ankle.
The emergency room nurse told me it was.
I trust nurses more than I do most doctors.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌾🌼
Gold Site Supporter
This is how my foot looked at the beginning.
The gout in my toe.
Then it moved into my ankle.
That picture is horrible, but here's the one I took to show the after effects after the swelling went down.
Can't believe I'm sharing these 🙄
42 years in nursing.
I retrieved these off Facebook Messenger from when I'd sent them to Jules and my director.

received_3548150815400085~2.jpeg
received_1382541059343309~2.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The gout in my toe.
That picture is horrible, but here's the one I took to show the after effects after the swelling went down.
42 years in nursing.
I retrieved these off Facebook Messenger from when I'd sent them to Jules and my director.

View attachment 60921View attachment 60922Wow

Wow, Lora - geez, those look excruciating!

Lee

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
The gout in my toe.
42 years in nursing.

View attachment 60921View attachment 60922
Yow! That looks so painful! I’m so sorry and pray that heals quickly ❤️