What are you doing today?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Got in late last night. Spent the day unpacking and doing 3 weeks of laundry. Still haven't adjusted to the time change - I was up at 3:30 this morning. (My body said it was 8:30) I'm struggling to stay up until a 'normal' bedtime so that i can get up at a 'normal' time in the morning.

Johnny West

I got to the gun club just in time to help unload 100 bags of shot (25# bags) and my wrists are feeling it.
I shot two rounds of skeet in the heat and did poorly but it was fun.

This morning, while it was still cool, I cut out all the lovage and binned it in the yard waste. It grows back quickly so no worries. I have a huge crop and only use it sparingly in soups.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, I hear you. I've been walking the treadmill at the gym this week, after walking only outside since Covid. Too damn hot!

Lee
The heat isn't an issue here today.
It's very nice outside.
I didn't swim. I thought Mon-Wed- Fri were morning adult swim times, apparently that has changed.
So, I walked the outer lane of the track until I went 2 miles lol

LastManStanding

My advertisement has been running four days now, on the minimum budget of 1 dollar a day. Today I checked the stats. 1200+ impressions and 31 link clicks. And surprisingly, the biggest thing is, two people had liked it !!! Liked means they kind of bookmarked it I believe. Both are from Australia. So I'm thinking of narrowing down the audience to Australia.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
For once I'm not going to say.
But trust me, it's been one hell of a day.
I'm going to stop talking about that kind of thing from now on.
Sorry!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Here's what I got done today. There were more pies cooling but we sold them lol

Attachments

• PXL_20230711_192251530.jpg
    PXL_20230711_192251530.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20230711_192232192.jpg
    PXL_20230711_192232192.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 25
  • PXL_20230711_192200683.jpg
    PXL_20230711_192200683.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 23

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
it was just to remove fluid. He blew up extremely quick in several days, then developed an infection And was in bad pain. They thought him near death.
Sorry to hear that John.
It's always worrisome to have a family member having health issues.
Last week Jeff called me, then sent me a picture of his face because he woke up with the entire right side of his face drooping.
I told him to get to the urgent care clinic immediately.
They diagnosed him as having Bell's Palsy from a viral infection, so they put him on Prednisone which his body did not like at all.
He swelled up horribly within 24 hours.
Then the next day, he woke up with a rash on the same side of his face.
I told him to take a close up picture, then after that, I freaked out because I knew it was shingles.
I went to Defiance and met him at the urgent care clinic and went WITH him.
They put him on Valtrex for that.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
My sons both have often thanked me for being a nurse and knowing what is going on with them, even when a doctor gets it wrong.
It shouldn't be that way, but often it is.
He didn't have Bell's Palsy.
He had shingles from the first visit, which began deep in his inner ear.
He's doing better.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Geez, John and Lora! I'm so sorry that you and your loved ones are going through these things!

Lee