What are you doing today?

LastManStanding

I designed an ad for Facebook. I think it's alright. Here it is. Admins please remove it if it's a violation of site terms. Just wanted to show it here for comments. 😃

ad-6-rgb-5-web.png

LastManStanding

Designed another ad for Facebook. The price however is a vague number to complete the design. I haven't worked out the cost yet. What do you think of the overall design and content? Anything too much or too less?
Designed using Adobe Illustrator. Font is Yannon Kaffeesats. Hero photo is from a friend, shot using an iPhone 12. Bottom right photo was taken by me using my Realme C15 mobile phone. 😃

ad-20-june-wide-second.jpg

Johnny West

This morning I was up at 0530 and took Nancy to a 0800 PT appointment then went to Ford garage to sort out an oil leak. She took an Uber home. I sat at Ford for several hours and had a hugely informative talk with a first responder to the World Trade Center terrorist attack. I called my bud, Andy, he came and got me and we went to breakfast. I ate too much… later Ford called and said oil leak was in a difficult spot, wasn’t leaking that bad, would cost several thousand to fix, so I said forget about it. Nancy called an Uber and we went and got the car. On way home she suggested we eat at Bar Bistro, a place I spotted on a drive a few days ago. The building used to be a dive bar but has been remodeled Into a very nice bistro. I went for a burger and next time will try a steak.

LastManStanding

I had no electricity the whole day. Some repair they said. Therefore I had to wait until 6pm to fire up the computer, and check out the results of my first Facebook ad. 230+ impressions and 5 clicks! That's what I got for $1.20. Posted another ad, the one shown above, again for estimated $1 a day. 😃
I was talking to a friend working for a well established tour company, and he said the average US tourist doesn't visit Sri Lanka because the air ticket is expensive. So it's either very rich people, or back packers. Those rich people go for big companies, and it's a hard task to compete with them, because their tours are high end. A room would cost around$300 per night.
I will change the target audience tomorrow after seeing the metrics tomorrow.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had no electricity the whole day. Some repair they said. Therefore I had to wait until 6pm to fire up the computer, and check out the results of my first Facebook ad. 230+ impressions and 5 clicks! That's what I got for $1.20. Posted another ad, the one shown above, again for estimated $1 a day. 😃
I was talking to a friend working for a well established tour company, and he said the average US tourist doesn't visit Sri Lanka because the air ticket is expensive. So it's either very rich people, or back packers. Those rich people go for big companies, and it's a hard task to compete with them, because their tours are high end. A room would cost around$300 per night.
I will change the target audience tomorrow after seeing the metrics tomorrow.

What demographics did your friend suggest you target?

Lee

LastManStanding

What demographics did your friend suggest you target?

Lee
He said Australia and the UK would be better. However UK's tourist population is not very reliable as they avoid visiting a country at the slightest news of anything. Even a cold. But that's one of the biggest markets. Germany is another big market but needs the language.
I decided on target demographics myself. Beaches, seafood, elephant, archaeology, nature, and a few more. I'll take a screenshot.
Anyway I am still adding at least one area in the US. In current ad I have added New York and California. Nothing special but East and West. My budget is not enough to get a good idea but I'm crawling there as fast as I can. Lol.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Last night into this morning seemed like 24 hours instead of 8.
I'm finding it a bit taxing to train new nurses.
Especially since the three of us were on one busy unit. 😳
I have to physically follow and watch them do everything, recheck their charting for mistakes, watch them take blood sugars and record them, instruct them on proper note writing, skin assessments.
They got the Big Daddy of all last night.
One of our residents fell out of bed and fell face down on the floor.
All hell broke loose.
Concussion, fractured left arm, broken nose and a nasty laceration to her right hand.
Then instructions on how to call for emergency, details to be given for the incoming rescue.
I was a little bossy and demanding because it was a sudden wrench thrown into our shift, but we all got through it in the end.
This morning I said to them, this is nursing.
Please come back!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
He said Australia and the UK would be better. However UK's tourist population is not very reliable as they avoid visiting a country at the slightest news of anything. Even a cold. But that's one of the biggest markets. Germany is another big market but needs the language.
I decided on target demographics myself. Beaches, seafood, elephant, archaeology, nature, and a few more. I'll take a screenshot.
Anyway I am still adding at least one area in the US. In current ad I have added New York and California. Nothing special but East and West. My budget is not enough to get a good idea but I'm crawling there as fast as I can. Lol.

You know that we're all pulling for you, LastMan!

Lee

LastManStanding

You know that we're all pulling for you, LastMan!

Lee
Of course I know Lee. I am among friends. And I honestly feel lucky about that.

I temporarily removed the advertisement from Facebook because the website's About page needs more concrete facts about the business. Also I hadn't put a proper office location. Both are very important as they make the website look more legit. So I'll add them tomorrow and run the ad again. Asked for photos from the other two guys who help me, for the About page.

I'll prepare a detailed fact sheet including my guide license registration number, with tourism ministry link for verification, to be sent if any inquiry comes from a potential guest.

I'm thankful to everyone here for the encouraging words.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Of course I know Lee. I am among friends. And I honestly feel lucky about that.

I temporarily removed the advertisement from Facebook because the website's About page needs more concrete facts about the business. Also I hadn't put a proper office location. Both are very important as they make the website look more legit. So I'll add them tomorrow and run the ad again. Asked for photos from the other two guys who help me, for the About page.

I'll prepare a detailed fact sheet including my guide license registration number, with tourism ministry link for verification, to be sent if any inquiry comes from a potential guest.

I'm thankful to everyone here for the encouraging words.
That you are indeed, Indike.
We wish you all the luck in the world!

Johnny West

Last night into this morning seemed like 24 hours instead of 8.
I'm finding it a bit taxing to train new nurses.
Especially since the three of us were on one busy unit. 😳
I have to physically follow and watch them do everything, recheck their charting for mistakes, watch them take blood sugars and record them, instruct them on proper note writing, skin assessments.
They got the Big Daddy of all last night.
One of our residents fell out of bed and fell face down on the floor.
All hell broke loose.
Concussion, fractured left arm, broken nose and a nasty laceration to her right hand.
Then instructions on how to call for emergency, details to be given for the incoming rescue.
I was a little bossy and demanding because it was a sudden wrench thrown into our shift, but we all got through it in the end.
This morning I said to them, this is nursing.
Please come back!
AC522EAD-DF2C-4202-80E9-02584CEEF7AA.jpeg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I've volunteered to help at the annual bake sale at work from 10-noon.
I'll be manning the table along with Destiny who is head of activities dept.
Hopefully we can keep some of the wandering residents away from the table 😃

Johnny West

Was at the bake sale.
Then ended up buying some goodies.
Angie my relief at the one table up front.
What I bought : Butterfinger Lush and chocolate chip cookies. Like I really needed those!
They are for a good cause. 😉

We had a church member pass and I was requested to make cookies for coffee hour after the funeral. I’ll make Madeleine’s. I want to try dipping half the cookie in chocolate.

I didn’t do much today but go to the gym and do a few odd chores around the house.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
The bake sale was a fundraiser so the totally mobile residents can go to the Mud Hens games, the zoo and day trips.
There were 4 tables in all scattered throughout the facility, when I left there were still volunteers from the community and residents family members bringing tons of stuff in.
I have a favourite spouse of one of my residents carrying in fresh baked loaves of bread and peanut butter cookies, I saw homemade noodles, pickled jars of beets and pickles.
You name it, it was there.
❤️

LastManStanding

Going to revive my facebook page and twitter page for the website. Still no followers but I will keep updating them. Although I started them back in 2019 or somewhere when I started the website, I didn't post much as I wasn't going to make it my business. But I am happy that it still has a few posts that were posted back in 2019. Gives some kind of seniority despite zero followers.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Jeff and Kasey finally made it to State College PA just a while ago.
He drove the U-Haul with her belongings, she followed behind in his new Kia.
I was on pins and needles waiting for word from him, as I told her do not text Grandma while you're driving.
She starts at Penn State in the fall to finish her RN, meantime she got her job back at Panera and will be living with Peyton in that lovely town.
Permanently.
I'm going to visit in September!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Jeff and Kasey finally made it to State College PA just a while ago.
He drove the U-Haul with her belongings, she followed behind in his new Kia.
I was on pins and needles waiting for word from him, as I told her do not text Grandma while you're driving.
She starts at Penn State in the fall to finish her RN, meantime she got her job back at Panera and will be living with Peyton in that lovely town.
Permanently.
I'm going to visit in September!
That’s great!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
That’s great!
Yes it is.
I'm thrilled that she's going to be a nurse like her Granny lol
She told me she got a little nervous on the turnpike before they got off on an exit the rest of the way.
Nearly a 6 hour trip.
They're going to go have dinner someplace, then Jeff is going to his hotel for the night before he drives back tomorrow afternoon.
Whew!