Todays Lunch

Johnny West

Sushi time…

IMG_7353.jpeg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I had a bag of clams in the fridge and I wasn’t sure if they were still good, so I tossed them in a pan with some white wine to steam. Every one opened!. Now that they were cooked, I had to use them.

Linguine with white clam sauce for lunch. There were so many clams you could barely see the pasta and sauce in the bowl.
IMG_3268.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had a bag of clams in the fridge and I wasn’t sure if they were still good, so I tossed them in a pan with some white wine to steam. Every one opened!. Now that they were cooked, I had to use them.

Linguine with white clam sauce for lunch. There were so many clams you could barely see the pasta and sauce in the bowl. View attachment 63138

Just out of curiosity (not that I would eat it), once you steam the clams, then how do you make the sauce, Kathy?

Lee

Johnny West

It’s pouring rain here, went to post office with Nancy, and commented it would be a good day for soup. We had recently joined Full Circle which delivers organic veg and eggs once a week. It was pricey and we can’t eat that much so fast. We had three kinds of kale, chard, and beet greens so she found a recipe for mixed greens soup and veg was not wasted. This has bacon, ground pepper, cayenne, and chicken broth. It is quite good and will have more for dinner.

IMG_8013.jpeg

Johnny West

Nancy took all the tough asparagus end pieces and trimmings, boiled, puréed in foley food mill, added two cans of puréed white beans, and made a lovely soup. Nothing went to wasted save the leftover aspargus mush and it went in the compost.

IMG_9136.jpeg