Todays Lunch

Johnny West

I had to run to WinCo for a few baking items. Pizza was $1 a slice and couldn’t resist.

41213F2F-F21F-47ED-9C69-66DA66312D7C.jpeg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I am a couple of jars of oysters ahead and need to use them up before they go bad so made oyster stew/chowder for lunch. We just got back from a run to the Proctor District, poured rain the whole morning and chowder sounded like the ticket. A jar has four oysters so I cut them in 1/3’s, simmered then added a can of of clam chowder soup and some instant mashed potatoes…

View attachment 46244View attachment 46245View attachment 46246View attachment 46247
Oyster Ste is a staple here Johnny.
3 Ingredients- Quart of Milk, Oysters-1/3 of a stick of butter. YUM
(salt and pepper)

Johnny West

I found some pickled bologna recipes and have saved one I like.

I overdid lunch and hope I can eat some dinner. I went freezer diving and found fish and chips and a bag of cooked mussels so made a seafood chowder with a can of Bumble Bee Clam Chowder. I had just one bowl and was stuffed.

F9A4F1E8-BAFC-4C75-AEF7-743564DB255C.jpeg
1593D8AD-2DE9-48F6-87E0-B6DE52B75612.jpeg
031ECC79-103F-4EF1-9C83-496A70328800.jpeg

Johnny West

I had an out of date jar of oysters needed eating, cut each oyster into three pieces, and added a can of Progresso Clam Chowder, a cup of milk, table spoon of butter and a 1/3 cup instant mashed potatoes. I’m stuffed.

3BCF75B6-D0A1-4321-B39B-B71CD2359A80.jpeg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I had an out of date jar of oysters needed eating, cut each oyster into three pieces, and added a can of Progresso Clam Chowder, a cup of milk, table spoon of butter and a 1/3 cup instant mashed potatoes. I’m stuffed.

View attachment 46985
PLEASE John- Don't do that again. Crystal and I bought two jars of
Oysters. One jar, the top was on too tight. We got it opened and
made Oyster stew. I was Lucky, Apparently I got the oysters from
the fresh jar, Crystal got really sick. I tried another Oyster then
spit it out. PLEASE watch the date's on the top. Don't buy old Oysters
they will make you sick. "
Can you get sick from one bad oyster?
"You can get seriously ill and even die from eating raw oysters contaminated with Vibrio vulnificus - a bacterium "

Johnny West

PLEASE John- Don't do that again. Crystal and I bought two jars of
Oysters. One jar, the top was on too tight. We got it opened and
made Oyster stew. I was Lucky, Apparently I got the oysters from
the fresh jar, Crystal got really sick. I tried another Oyster then
spit it out. PLEASE watch the date's on the top. Don't buy old Oysters
they will make you sick. "
Can you get sick from one bad oyster?
"You can get seriously ill and even die from eating raw oysters contaminated with Vibrio vulnificus - a bacterium "
I didn’t buy old oysters, just left them in the refrigerator two days past last date. They smelled and tasted fine. But I hear you. Ive been sick three times from eating bad oysters raw, once had to go to doctor and he said it happened to him, as well. It hasn’t stopped me.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
.... Ive been sick three times from eating bad oysters raw, once had to go to doctor and he said it happened to him, as well. It hasn’t stopped me.

Amazing that you have not developed a taste aversion!

Lee

Johnny West

Amazing that you have not developed a taste aversion!

Lee
No, I love them I’m more cautious now but two days past due is not bad. They smelled fine and were kept ice cold.

one oyster that made me sick was giant milky one and do not buy them anymore.

Johnny West

I finally ate the last of the sell by Feb.27th oysters with sautéed, in butter, celery and onions, oysters and liquid, 3 cups milk, and a can of chopped clams wit liquid. I’m stuffed.

Today my scale says I lost 9.8# so no complaints, so far.

195A1D79-FD77-4DD0-87FB-52C30628BE0E.jpeg
DE528BC8-6793-4B19-80DF-F35D283B907B.jpeg