Todays Lunch

Johnny West

Todays’s hospital dining facility lunch. They were out of cordon Blau so got the chicken cutlet and a rice ball. I made two sliders with these small dinner rolls. Tabasco and bbq sauce saved the day.

B6B540EA-DB7E-4418-A401-17EB8903A6CA.jpeg

Johnny West

My friend, Gary, took me to lunch in Protivin, IA. I had the pork tenderloin which comes from the meat locker next door to the tavern. It was fantastic! I won’t need dinner tonight.

Afterwards we drove to a farm outside of Ft. Atkinson where a lady makes and sells kolaches. He bought me a dozen strawberry-rhubarb kolaches. I had the lady at the motel desk put them in their freezer for me to take home.

83DEF2FB-4103-46B3-9B13-61ED441B6FC1.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My friend, Gary, took me to lunch in Protivin, IA. I had the pork tenderloin which comes from the meat locker next door to the tavern. It was fantastic! I won’t need dinner tonight.

Afterwards we drove to a farm outside of Ft. Atkinson where a lady makes and sells kolaches. He bought me a dozen strawberry-rhubarb kolaches. I had the lady at the motel desk put them in their freezer for me to take home.

View attachment 52276

That looks wonderful! Some pretty nice folks in Iowa!

Lee

Johnny West

That looks wonderful! Some pretty nice folks in Iowa!

Lee
I know. I had people say hi to me on the street I didn’t know, and men wave when you drive by. It’s been good to be home.

Tonight we had a meet up at The Pub and about 20 +- showed up. It was hard to talk to all and catch up but did my best.

The one man I wanted to see lives in the country, was a year ahead of me and were best buds. I went out to his farm twice and he was never home. I think he may be fishing on The River or “up north”.
He only does crops now and they are doing well.

Johnny West

The other day when I was eating short ribs Nancy made this vegetarian pasta dish using the watermelon seed pasta, faux meat, her veg juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and Georgian hot pepper. We had the rest for lunch and it was quite good. I added Parmesan Reggiano to mine.

36258FB9-B4F6-4F31-8668-A6B7C8E72402.jpeg

Johnny West

I wish we had a "somewhat like" button, LOL! Your BOT sandwich looks so good, John, except for that nasty turkey bacon!

Lee
😂... I bought it just to use in sandwiches and that is the end of it. It wasn’t that bad. You won’t see it anymore.🙄

Johnny West

Andy wanted to take me to lunch and asked me to pick a place.
Id never been to Tim’s Kitchen so chose it. We had the choice
of breakfast menu or lunch menu and went with the breakfast
menu. He got the chicken and waffles and I went for the chicken
fried steak breakfast with a side of biscuits and gravy. The biscuits
were huge as was the chicken fried steak. I ate half a biscuit and
half the steak. I’ll go back.

The plates are normal size dinner plates and the oval one more like a platter.

35E0B92E-5B41-4029-9495-B4299D8A574E.jpeg
71085505-C8F6-4174-8DDA-BF3EA0412A1E.jpeg
C42F44CC-3148-4592-AFE9-624985608CC8.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Andy wanted to take me to lunch and asked me to pick a place.
Id never been to Tim’s Kitchen so chose it. We had the choice
of breakfast menu or lunch menu and went with the breakfast
menu. He got the chicken and waffles and I went for the chicken
fried steak breakfast with a side of biscuits and gravy. The biscuits
were huge as was the chicken fried steak. I ate half a biscuit and
half the steak. I’ll go back.

The plates are normal size dinner plates and the oval one more like a platter.

View attachment 53864View attachment 53865View attachment 53866

LOLOL! Oh my God, John!

Lee

Johnny West

Today we went to the Eataly food court for lunch and got an assortment of excellent sandwiches.
I ate half of mine, a spicy Italian salami and cheese, and will eat the other half tomorrow. We got
a could of bags of Italian potato chips, one plain, and one pesto, and two cans of Italian pop
which we liked.

C10D5D79-8533-4F85-81CD-4E2EC6789D32.jpeg
36DADBE9-4EA5-40B8-A0B8-64AFD951374B.jpeg