Whats Everyone Drinking Tonight!?!?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, I know. And my doctors know. I wonder why they aren't concerned.

Lee
I've been on omeprazole for 10 years for acid reflux. I started skipping a day or two a week as I read it was bad for you long term. That caused chest pains made me think I was having a heart attack. Trip to ER all was okay but they said no more skipping. Two weeks ago i found out chest pain like that is a symptom of agent orange. I have a few other symptoms that go with that. I was exposed to it 3 times in one month while in Vietnam. I didn't even realize it till taking with another guy who was on the ship at the same time. We entered and stayed in saturated areas for a day or two off loading ammunition. I was on an ammo ship. Submitted a claim but upset that service has impacted my health this way. Money does not repair that.

----
I have never limited alcohol due to omeprazole. :bonk: I had a margarita tonight with dinner. Two days after Margarita day but better late than never.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'd encourage everyone to please check the meds you take if you consume alcohol.
A lot of folks just do the Google search, then go from there.
Some medications are said to not mix well and can cause reactions that can be dangerous.
Be safe and aware.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Sass.
This is the first I've heard about watching alcohol intake with omeprazole. Normally I'm a two or three beer guy. But when boating in the summer time over the course of a day I'd drink five or six. Never have had any reaction or issues but never knew to look for any.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Sass.
This is the first I've heard about watching alcohol intake with omeprazole. Normally I'm a two or three beer guy. But when boating in the summer time over the course of a day I'd drink five or six. Never have had any reaction or issues but never knew to look for any.

Me either. Knock on wood.

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I'm back to my studies. I'm going to sit for my blind tasting exam this month, so I'm repeating some of the lessons.
20230301_205157.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I've been on omeprazole for 10 years for acid reflux. I started skipping a day or two a week as I read it was bad for you long term. That caused chest pains made me think I was having a heart attack. Trip to ER all was okay but they said no more skipping. Two weeks ago i found out chest pain like that is a symptom of agent orange. I have a few other symptoms that go with that. I was exposed to it 3 times in one month while in Vietnam. I didn't even realize it till taking with another guy who was on the ship at the same time. We entered and stayed in saturated areas for a day or two off loading ammunition. I was on an ammo ship. Submitted a claim but upset that service has impacted my health this way. Money does not repair that.

----
I have never limited alcohol due to omeprazole. :bonk: I had a margarita tonight with dinner. Two days after Margarita day but better late than never.
Hey Doc- I've been taking omeprazole for over 20 years. I think it is miracle drug. I use to have
heart burn so bad, I was eating a pack of Rolaids a night. DR. put me on Vicodin for pain instead of
aspirin. Anyhow- I drink Whiskey or Vodka maybe 3 nights a week. Sometimes I drink a little too much, and my stomach starts burning. THEN I'll take 2- omeprazole . And pain goes away.
I am enjoying a Virgin Bloody Mary right now- Tabasco, Celery seed, A-1 sauce, salt & Pepper. & coffee.

IMG_3260.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
Oh. Don't forget the beer!! Gotta have that to go with the shots!! Also, you need ice to keep everything cool!! Hah!!!! All that's left are the garnishes!! :whistling:
001.JPG
Crownful Ice Maker..jpg

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Do you have that ice maker, Shermie? If so, how do you like it?

Lee
QSis, yes I do & it works great!! Never have to worry about not having ice, or not having enough ice!!! Very nice! Got it from Amazon! It
's the next best thing to having an ice maker in the freezer!!!! They don't make ice fast enough like this one does!! :whistling:

Shermie

Site Supporter
My bud, Andy, was drinking Rolling Rock tonight, as well. I’ve never had Southern Comfort.
A little story on that. One of my friends whom I'd go to Providence with, we met a guy there who worked as a bouncer in one of the clubs that we went to, his name was Conway. Sadly, we lost him. But he used to drink Rolling Rock & Southern Comfort. He would drink the RR the normal way, but he would shoot the SoCo down. He would get more SoCo when it was gone. He would drink this most of the night & end up becoming tipsy, but not drunk.

Well, we hung out with him every time that we went there & we named the drink after him, Conway. We ate out & went to several clubs together. He became our best friend there, & went he died, I was so devastated & I cried practically the whole weekend. He was very well known throughout the entire city!! He was even a close friend of the mayor's! People that knew him would put an empty RR can & an empty SoCo nip bottle on his tombstone. He was nicknamed "Big Daddy" because he was big & tall. No one messed with him because his size & height were intimidating. But he was fun to be around. I miss him so dearly!! :cry:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I had a Chilean red blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Syrah. There are a lot of structured tannins, plus a 'meatiness' from the syrah. It is not easily paired with anything but full flavored beef - just too tannic. But, it's a favorite of mine. I love jammy, tannic red wines. The grilled (1) chuck (2), whith melted cheese (3), the sauce (4), plus grilliing (5) the bun, created 5 elements of weight - enough heft to the food to stand up to the wine. I was in heaven!
20230403_174940.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had a Chilean red blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Syrah. There are a lot of structured tannins, plus a 'meatiness' from the syrah. It is not easily paired with anything but full flavored beef - just too tannic. But, it's a favorite of mine. I love jammy, tannic red wines. The grilled (1) chuck (2), whith melted cheese (3), the sauce (4), plus grilliing (5) the bun, created 5 elements of weight - enough heft to the food to stand up to the wine. I was in heaven!View attachment 57186

Excellent post, Kathy!

Is that a ring in the little white dish? Must've been a really juicy burger! :giggle:

Lee