Whats Everyone Drinking Tonight!?!?

Johnny West

Toscano’s Happy Hour…

IMG_6038.jpeg
IMG_6042.jpeg
IMG_6045.jpeg
IMG_6046.jpeg

Johnny West

I just looked it up on the net… one sugar cube on the bottom of a rocks glass, one tsp of water on the sugar cube as well as several shakes of bitters ( I like a lot). I smash the sugar cube, then add two shots of bourbon and a big block ice cube. Tonight I am having Canadian Whiskey for a change.
IMG_0549.jpeg

Johnny West

I've got the cubes and the other stuff for this. I'll make one with Jim Beam tomorrow. I can use a mortar (or is it a pestle?) to muddle, right? Orange peel twist, no cherry.

Lee
I use a wood handled fork to crush the sugar cube... a tsp of water and bottlers softens the sugar and makes for easy muddling. I don’t use cherries at times and just peel some rind off the orange.

Johnny West

The beverages I find under the bar I’ve forgotten about… Knob Creek Rye. As a side note, my cousin’s company in Libertyville just provided lightening protection for Knob Creek.

IMG_6071.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
'Kay, I'm no expert, but I think I might have made an almost-perfect bourbon Old Fashioned. Take a frosted rocks glass from the freezer. One sugar cube, four dashes angostura bitters, two splashes of water all muddled with a piece of orange rind until sugar is dissolved. Add ice cubes and pour 1 1/2 oz bourbon over ice. Stir. Take another piece of orange rind and rim the glass. Toss the rind in the glass to garnish.

Delish, and a great sipping cocktail. It would be perfect if I had a large ice cube.

Lee

IMG_20230806_164340.jpg

Johnny West

That’s basically what I do except I don’t freeze the rocks glass. I use orange and regular bitters, and two big shots of whiskey. We have the big cube makers and they are a pita to get out of the maker.

Johnny West

Is your glass smaller than mine, or did you pour in more than 1 1/2 ounces? 100 proof???

Lee
I think mine is bigger - a regular size rocks glass sold at Macy’s. I pour two full shot glasses and this 100 proof rye is not for the young, as John Wayne would say. I’m on #2 and done for the even.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Kathy (Silversage) got me interested in Aperol Spritz's. Then my neighbor had one this past weekend and gave me a sip. Had to get the stuff for myself to try.

Kathy, I made it 3,2,1- Prosecco, Aperol, seltzer. Delicious!

How do you make yours?

Lee

IMG_20230808_164724_Bokeh.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Kathy (Silversage) got me interested in Aperol Spritz's. Then my neighbor had one this past weekend and gave me a sip. Had to get the stuff for myself to try.

Kathy, I made it 3,2,1- Prosecco, Aperol, seltzer. Delicious!

How do you make yours?

Lee

View attachment 60075
The only thing I add to that is a pretty round slice of fresh orange. Enjoy!

Another summery drink I fell in love with in Portugal is a White Port and Tonic.
1 part dry white port
2 parts tonic
Slice of lemon or orange
lots of ice.