Whats Everyone Drinking Tonight!?!?

Johnny West

IMG_6681.jpeg

Johnny West

Well, so much for Seahawks. I enjoyed end of Houston game and have Cowboys and Eagles on now.

Bullitt Old Fashioned….

IMG_7159.jpeg

lilbopeep

🌹 🍉 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
To tired and stressed out. Nothing is going right for us. I may just have a cup of hot chocolate for dinner. Hopefully I’ll get a break and be able to sleep tonight.

Johnny West

Love the pick/stirrer!

Lee
We used to be regulars at The Keg in Puyallup and our regular waitron gave us a huge handful which I keep in a beer glass under the bar. I miss that Keg. We went on vacation to BC, came home, went to eat, and they were ripping the interior out. It’s called Cheers now and a dive bar.

Johnny West

Buffalo Trace Old Fashioned in the hotel bar tonight… the gal in the bar has been here for years and was happy to see us.

Johnny West

I forgot my phone so no pictures from yesterday. Meg made Army - Navy’s with purple gin from Empress Hotel in Victoria. They were unusual and tasty.

Johnny West

NYE I had an Old Fashioned that included a slice of orange that came from Costco and looked like red grapefruit. I had a hearing aid appointment at Costco today so picked up a bag. They are quite tasty.

IMG_7855.jpeg

Johnny West

Have you posted your favorite recipe for Old Fashioneds? So many variations!

Lee
You are right. Everyone has their own twist and use different bourbon’s and rye’s. I started out using the basic recipe of a tsp water with a sugar cube, add several shakes bitters, crush, cherry, orange slice, large ice cube, then add two shots booze. Now I use a half shot of orange liquor instead of the sugar cube.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You are right. Everyone has their own twist and use different bourbon’s and rye’s. I started out using the basic recipe of a tsp water with a sugar cube, add several shakes bitters, crush, cherry, orange slice, large ice cube, then add two shots booze. Now I use a half shot of orange liquor instead of the sugar cube.

I bought a whole box of about 1,000 sugar cubes and the first Old Fashioned I made with ONE was too sweet. I think I'll start a new thread for sugar cube ideas.

In the meantime, I'm drinking a Bloody Mary while cooking and watching the Patriots ski on the football field.

Lee
IMG_20240107_141147_Bokeh.jpg

Johnny West

I bought a whole box of about 1,000 sugar cubes and the first Old Fashioned I made with ONE was too sweet. I think I'll start a new thread for sugar cube ideas.

In the meantime, I'm drinking a Bloody Mary while cooking and watching the Patriots ski on the football field.

LeeView attachment 63707
The sugar cubes I’m using are from Turkey and on the small side.