What are you doing today?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I love clementines, and this is usually the time of the year when they're at their best. I've been getting some really crummy ones lately. I was delighted to find these Cuties clementines in my grocery order this morning:

I'm not sure if the crummy ones were due to having to sit in a shipping container for a long period of time before being off-loaded or what. Hopefully all that stuff is getting better 🤞.

Johnny West

I ran my butt off doing errands today and am knackered. Nancy is making gingerbread cookies with Amelia.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm snuggled in bed watching Christmas movies.
First up, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol.
😊

20211208_194756.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I wrapped some gifts for my lawn care guys today. Everything is store bought. I have a very small vitronex key chain type Swiss Army knife for each of them, a jar of cashews for each, and they always get a bottle of Gatorade. They're good to me, so I just always like to give them a little something for Christmas.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I wrapped some gifts for my lawn care guys today. Everything is store bought. I have a very small vitronex key chain type Swiss Army knife for each of them, a jar of cashews for each, and they always get a bottle of Gatorade. They're good to me, so I just always like to give them a little something for Christmas.

You are a good person, Cooksie! :Heart2:

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Finishing up Christmas shopping at a large outlet village outside of Toledo.
I think we're eating at one of the restaurants there, unless we decide to go to Red Lobster.
I've promised several of my residents popcorn from Shirley's and cookies from Great American Cookies lol
I'm hoping to find myself a new The North Face jacket or coat.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Never found the jacket brand I wanted, but did find one at JC Penney.
A Free Country light coat, warmly lined and very nice.
60% off. Woot!
Got the cookies for my peeps and a large container of Chex Mix to make individual snack bags to hand out with the cookies tomorrow 😊

Johnny West

My great grandmother was an excellent artist. My brother took three of her paintings and had them reproduced at a height end art shop in Chicago. He gave my wife copies And Amelia’s mother took a liking to one of them but they were for Nancy. We took the one she liked and had it framed at a frame shop in the Tacoma Proctor District. We will give that to her for Christmas. We also got the poster for my bathroom reframed, using the the frame Andy made but with new matting and glass. They called and said they were ready so will go pick them up today. It’s going to be crazy in that area with Christmas shoppers.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
JW - in regard to your post about giving your post person a plate of cookies:

I think that's a really good idea. The USPS people must be just swamped right now. I mailed my water bill on Dec 3rd. Today I received a late notice saying that they're were going to disconnect on the 28th...EEK. I called, and the woman told me that they received the pmt on the 15th and that same thing had happened to other people too. All is good now.

Johnny West

JW - in regard to your post about giving your post person a plate of cookies:

I think that's a really good idea. The USPS people must be just swamped right now. I mailed my water bill on Dec 3rd. Today I received a late notice saying that they're were going to disconnect on the 28th...EEK. I called, and the woman told me that they received the pmt on the 15th and that same thing had happened to other people too. All is good now.
My postman is a great guy. We think alike. His wife teaches school and when we wanted to get rid of bookshelves gave them to him.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My great grandmother was an excellent artist. My brother took three of her paintings and had them reproduced at a height end art shop in Chicago. He gave my wife copies And Amelia’s mother took a liking to one of them but they were for Nancy. We took the one she liked and had it framed at a frame shop in the Tacoma Proctor District. We will give that to her for Christmas. We also got the poster for my bathroom reframed, using the the frame Andy made but with new matting and glass. They called and said they were ready so will go pick them up today. It’s going to be crazy in that area with Christmas shoppers.

Can we see the painting and the poster with Andy's frame???

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday, I made up a recipe for a baker's dozen of potato and dried mushroom pierogis (kinda hectic, as it used to take 3 of us to do this). In the freezer till Friday, when I will heat them up in a frying pan with butter, topped with fried out salt pork chunks.

Today I made a few golumpkis, also for Christmas Eve - just have to reheat them.

Lee

Pierogis.JPG

Fried out salt pork.JPG

Golumpkies.JPG

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I've advised her to go apply at a nursing facility I worked at YEARS ago in Defiance, Ohio.
She's going to do that tomorrow.
The director is still there, I've already contacted her.
Crystal my DD doing pretty much the same- She just finished EMT school,
She is enrolled for paramedic school, after that it is either Nursing or ride
around in am ambulance for a year first.

Johnny West

Can we see the painting and the poster with Andy's frame???

Lee
I’ll take a picture of the gift when she opens it and the other two tonight. My great grandmother hand painted French china and it was museum quality. Our pieces we have are boxed away.

Andy’s poster is still in the box and will get a picture when I hang it in my bathroom.