What are you doing today?

Johnny West

This morning we went to the newly remodeled PX at Ft. Lewis. Ft. Lewis is now called Joint Base Lewis and McChord (JBLM). We did some walking around and got a few upcoming birthday cards. It was a lovely day for a short drive.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen β˜•πŸŒŽπŸ¦‹
Gold Site Supporter
I got all my laundry caught up, cleaned my apartment (again! because I'm OCD lol)
Went to visit Ty and the family, they covid tested again from the kits they received in the mail - both negative- I'm not surprised.
Since it got up to 40Β°, I took a walk down to Oakwood park.
It was nice to get out and do that, even though it was a sloppy mess on the paths.

Ironman

🍺
Making snowmen with my Grandchild. Or do we call them snow people now? :p

8DE0FE2F-F921-4BAB-BFA7-86B60175E5BC.jpeg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen β˜•πŸŒŽπŸ¦‹
Gold Site Supporter
It's going up for 60Β° here, and it's raining, which is going to be snow on Thursday.
I'm not working again until Saturday.
In fact, it's going to be Saturdays or Sundays now only, until my retirement begins in April.

Johnny West

We are down to our last two Father Brown episodes then will start watching Sister Boniface. There is only one episode of 1883, so sad, but none of us live forever.

Last edited:

Johnny West

I'm planning to get the National Tourist Guide Lecturer licence. Going to Colombo today to inquire about it. I know it will be a nightmare to get a bit of reliable information from a government office but I want to get the licencethis year.
Good luck! Keep us informed on how it goes.

LastManStanding

Good luck! Keep us informed on how it goes.
Thanks Johnny. I called them before going there, and a miracle happened. They answered the phone! Although it wasn't the person in charge, the guy who answered said that they haven't decided the date of calling applications yet.
However, it being a government establishment I cannot totally trust what he said. So I'm planning to go there in the first week of March. I cannot go tomorrow as it's my birthday and all but most probably next week I'll go there. I'll definitely post here how it goes.
Tourism is a huge business (proportionately) here, and having a national guide licence has huge advantages. With the big companies leading (and charging exorbitant prices), the only way to have a slice of it, is with a valid licence.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It's way too cold to do anything outside today, so I'm going to spend some time learning about backup house generators. I've thought about buying one before, just never did.

LastManStanding

It's way too cold to do anything outside today, so I'm going to spend some time learning about backup house generators. I've thought about buying one before, just never did.
It's fully worth it. In my country there are power cuts of 4 - 7 hours a day since last week due to shortage of petroleum for power plants to run the grid. That's when the value of a generator really comes up !

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen β˜•πŸŒŽπŸ¦‹
Gold Site Supporter
I went through the car wash, then did some grocery shopping at Chief's Supermarket.
Oh yes! Found out today that what used to be our Big Boy restaurant is closed,...πŸ˜₯ bought by Dunkin Donuts!!

Johnny West

My house is set up for a generator, just never got around to buying one.

I spent the the morning at the JBLM getting meds. There was enough time after signing in to make a trip to the commissary and Class VI Store. I’m set for drugs and single malts.

LastManStanding

Two days ago there was a notification on my Facebook that one of my posts was covered as it may contain graphic content. It was a post on Syrian war, made in 2014, and it was taken from the BBC ! They covered it in 2022 🀣🀣🀣