What are you doing today?

Johnny West

I did a grocery run as well. Winco had Hormel pork butts for $.98 a pound and bought a 6 pounder. I’ll do it next week.

Right now my wife is washing the kitchen floor after all the baking we did. I have no clue what supper is and with a clean kitchen floor no one wants to mess it up.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm delivering Christmas presents to my Grandbabies today, at their Mother's house.
Ty isn't feeling at all Christmasy since his best friend passed away.
Jeff is going to his Dad's until Christmas night, Kasey is spending the holidays with her partner and friends in PA, and I am working Christmas Eve.
Holiday is very different this year, for sure.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Quiet Christmas Day here.
It's going to be 60°... what??! Lol
Last night I did some OT, as we had a call off, after that went to candlelight services with a friend and her Mother.
In the midst of the service, got a call from Kasey, had to go to the back of the church to talk to her, Merry Christmas, Grandma!
😄
Came home and crashed.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am bushed! Not even going for my walk.

My friend, Kathy, my father and I STILL have to open our stockings tonight.

Think I'll heat up a couple of frozen dinners.

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It's approaching tax season. I've been telling myself to shred some stuff for the last three days. It still hasn't happened. I've already told myself that it will happen today. I take the newest year, save it and shred the oldest year. It's not a fun job, but somebody has to do it.

Johnny West

My wife has been working on family photo albums on the computer for a year now… there are over 20,000 pictures. A lot of the pictures she writes a note or history. Today she wants to go to Seattle to a photography shop And wants me to go along. It’s going to be an all day event, I can tell. I hate going to Seattle.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Ticking off my director and assistant director of nursing because I'm refusing to make myself on-call /available from Wednesday night into Thursday night, because of this approaching snow storm.
Been there done that!
It's not my fault there is a staff shortage.
Have I ever mentioned how I cannot wait to retire??!!??.
I simply said, I'm working tomorrow and Saturday. That's all I'm doing this week.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Downloading Windows for my sister's computer. It's stuck in an "auto repair" loop and no other way to get out of it.
Have you tried restoring from a few weeks ago before the virus or malware got in the door? Windows out of the box will save some known good points to restore from. Good luck.

Johnny West

My wife has been working on family photo albums on the computer for a year now… there are over 20,000 pictures. A lot of the pictures she writes a note or history. Today she wants to go to Seattle to a photography shop And wants me to go along. It’s going to be an all day event, I can tell. I hate going to Seattle.
Well, the traffic in Seattle wasn’t bad but parking is a premium. We parked in a loading zone for the store. I stayed with the car while she bought what she needed. It was a good trip.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Well it's not looking good at all for us with this weather system.
After all the anger and frustration yesterday- yes, I've made myself available to go to work.
I/we are essential workers.
Not sure what times they're going to need me from Wednesday into Thursday night.
It could be any time, any shift.
I have a feeling it's going to be a stressful few days.
🤞💪😚

LastManStanding

Have you tried restoring from a few weeks ago before the virus or malware got in the door? Windows out of the box will save some known good points to restore from. Good luck.
No Doc, I can't enter Windows. It gets stuck in the loop at start up. I can enter the bios setup but nothing much I can do on that.
I thought it could be some UEFI and legacy problem, and changed their settings but nothing happened.
I've been reading about this problem on microsoft blog, and looks like this is some glitch in Windows and the best thing is to boot from a disk. Downloaded Windows but still had no time to boot the computer and repair/reinstall the system. Might do later.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been on the phone and texting a lot today.
Call offs, no staff, the weather.
Yes, I'll be in at noon tomorrow.
I'll stay as long as you need me.
Yes, I'll be there at 10am Saturday until whenever.
It's not about the snow now, it's about my residents whom I love.

You are a wonderful person, Lora! Excellent karma coming your way, so watch out for it!

Lee

Johnny West

I've been on the phone and texting a lot today.
Call offs, no staff, the weather.
Yes, I'll be in at noon tomorrow.
I'll stay as long as you need me.
Yes, I'll be there at 10am Saturday until whenever.
It's not about the snow now, it's about my residents whom I love.
Brings back memories of D.C. when I was the only LPN with a 4 x4.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Brings back memories of D.C. when I was the only LPN with a 4 x4.
I'm not going to be the only one there tomorrow and Saturday.
I've joined a group phone chat.
If one speaks loudly enough, others listen.
Offering big bonuses help too.
If you want to get the job done, you must attend.
😉

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I did a grocery run this morning. I got everything I needed except for cabbage. Now I have a $20 corned beef :rolleyes: with no cabbage...grrr. I'll figure it out.