What are you doing today?

Johnny West

I had a real eye opener yesterday, the cost of some wrought iron handrails for my front porch :(. I just wanted some simple handrails for my front porch. Good grief, $1,000.
We need to do that, too. I was going to look into what a blacksmith could make.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We need to do that, too.
When we had all that ice that seemed to hang around forever, I was afraid to go down the front steps. I figured I better try to do it now just in case that happens again. The company that I've been talking to is called a metalworks place.

Sass Muffin

☕ Coffee Queen
Gold Site Supporter
It's been raining all day so far and will continue most of this week.
Flood watch out for the river.
The temps are going to drop waaaaay down.
No zoo trip tomorrow, obviously.

Johnny West

Nancy got her hip replaced, saw PT, did what they required, and was sent home. I got her in the house and in bed and comfortable. I am not the 40 year old LPN, home care nurse I used to be. It’s the first time since 0400 I’ve been able to put my feet up… she ordered pizza while I was at drug store getting things we needed.

Johnny West

She is progressing better with each time she gets up, much better than I did last year. She is already keeping me jumping and quickly reminding me of my nursing days. I guess I am fortunate to have had that experience.

Sass Muffin

☕ Coffee Queen
Gold Site Supporter
Stopped at a Farmer's Market and got stuff to make it festive at my apartment entrance.
Put my geraniums on the back patio.
I hope my mums do okay.
All the others were either overgrown or dead lol

20210924_161144.jpg

Sass Muffin

☕ Coffee Queen
Gold Site Supporter
Went to bed fairly early (for me) lol
I've already been up, dressed and over to work to do my Tuesday lab sent covid test.
We do the rapid testing on Fridays.
Yes, even though fully vaccinated we still need to test.
One of our dietary workers tested positive after having been vaccinated.
I'm not surprised.
😐🙄

Johnny West

Today I helped Nancy with her bath routine and dressing for a doctor’s appointment. We drove to hospital and she was nauseous the whole trip, dropped her at the door and she ambulated with walker down hall to find the door not in use anymore, she then walked down a long hallway to the proper door, all this while I was parking the car. I did the same walk and finally got to clinic and she is crying. They changed her appointment and didn’t tell her.

we then drove to the liquor store and resupplied brandy and tequila. They are limiting patrons to two bottles of French cognac due to limited availability. I’ll have to go back again, soon. Is this an omen of things to come?