What are you doing today?

Ginny

Just logged out of Facebook after a rousing conversation about iced tea, of all things.
Two of my nieces, a nephew,my former sister-in-law and a friend of the family 🤣
So take me down a road that's a little bit windy
To a place they still put sugar in their iced tea
Where the women are fine and the love is fair
Hey, driver, you can drop me off anywhere

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I think bi-polar kicked in. We used to call it manic-depressive, but that's not cool anymore.

I haven't cooked much in the 3 months since I retired. I'm not willing to say it's depression, but........
Yesterday we went to Detwilers Farm Market, and I came home with a LOT of stuff. Much of it has to get prepped or it will rot in the back of my fridge (cantaloupe, cilantro, scallions).

1. I cut up the Athena cantaloupe and stored in the fridge.
2. I washed the cilantro, picked through every single strand, cut fresh ends, and put it in water in a vase for storing I the fridge. Did the same with scallions.
3. Rubbed the ribs and packaged them for the sous vide.
4. Slivered the carrots and daikon and packed them in jars. Brined them and stored in fridge.
5. Baked off a loaf of take-n-bake chiabatta.
6. Sliced, then brined, then packed red onions. Into fridge.
7. Made egg bites with Swiss cheese, mushrooms, caramelized onions, spinach.
8. Kept cleaning up and washing dishes between each project.
Somewhere in there I made both breakfast and lunch.

Suddenly, it was a fter 6:00 and time for supper. I really didn't want to stay in the kitchen any longer, but I stuck it out and finished the ribs, cooked the corn, and served dinner.

It may not sound like much to some energetic folks, but right now it was a lot to accomplish.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think bi-polar kicked in. We used to call it manic-depressive, but that's not cool anymore.

I haven't cooked much in the 3 months since I retired. I'm not willing to say it's depression, but........
Yesterday we went to Detwilers Farm Market, and I came home with a LOT of stuff. Much of it has to get prepped or it will rot in the back of my fridge (cantaloupe, cilantro, scallions).

1. I cut up the Athena cantaloupe and stored in the fridge.
2. I washed the cilantro, picked through every single strand, cut fresh ends, and put it in water in a vase for storing I the fridge. Did the same with scallions.
3. Rubbed the ribs and packaged them for the sous vide.
4. Slivered the carrots and daikon and packed them in jars. Brined them and stored in fridge.
5. Baked off a loaf of take-n-bake chiabatta.
6. Sliced, then brined, then packed red onions. Into fridge.
7. Made egg bites with Swiss cheese, mushrooms, caramelized onions, spinach.
8. Kept cleaning up and washing dishes between each project.
Somewhere in there I made both breakfast and lunch.

Suddenly, it was a fter 6:00 and time for supper. I really didn't want to stay in the kitchen any longer, but I stuck it out and finished the ribs, cooked the corn, and served dinner.

It may not sound like much to some energetic folks, but right now it was a lot to accomplish.

It's a real lot! You must be beat! Time to put your feet up and enjoy a bit of the grape!

Lee

Johnny West

Today we drove to Yakima to buy peaches and ended up with two lugs of peaches, a lug of apricots, Rainier cherries, pie cherries, small bag of local tomatoes, and a10 pound bag of of Walla Walla sweet onions. It was 100 degrees F in Yakima, but tolerable.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Today we drove to Yakima to buy peaches and ended up with two lugs of peaches, a lug of apricots, Rainier cherries, pie cherries, small bag of local tomatoes, and a10 pound bag of of Walla Walla sweet onions. It was 100 degrees F in Yakima, but tolerable.

You and Nancy are the royal couple of produce!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌾🌼
Gold Site Supporter
Had one helluva night at work.
I got there, one of my coworkers/nurse called in last minute.
Emily's father in law drowned in the river, so I was on my own on the back unit with two aides who had never been there before.
It was pretty wild.
I was never so happy to see 6a roll around.
It's going to be a very quiet day for me.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We're out camping!!! We spent some time up in Grayland and Westport. Yesterday, we moved to Long Beach, WA. It is just beautiful and the weather is great. Although, storms at the beach are nice too!

RV?

Lee

Ginny

Yes! It allows us to vacation with our whole family...
25.JPG

Johnny West

We're out camping!!! We spent some time up in Grayland and Westport. Yesterday, we moved to Long Beach, WA. It is just beautiful and the weather is great. Although, storms at the beach are nice too!
I’ll have to PM to you about what we do at hose places.