What are you doing today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The zoo and didnt have lunch. The animals were in their dens and invisible. Saw several people come in the open exit without paying.
Same thing happened to us one time.
All of the places within the zoo that normally has food, didn't, except for one open serving station, so we settled for bottles of pop and hastily thrown together hot dogs.
Mind you, this was either during or shortly after the beginning of the pandemic.
The animals who are normally out and walking about were not.
We got to see mostly marine life inside those places.

LastManStanding

Are the cages in your zoos humanely large enough for the animals? In Sri Lanka, no! They are too tiny. Really sad to see the big animals in a cage which is barely enough for them to walk 5 steps forward. I always discourage people from visiting the zoo in Sri Lanka.

Johnny West

Are the cages in your zoos humanely large enough for the animals? In Sri Lanka, no! They are too tiny. Really sad to see the big animals in a cage which is barely enough for them to walk 5 steps forward. I always discourage people from visiting the zoo in Sri Lanka.
Yes, these are quite large and bear areas are huge. I never got to deer, elk, and bison area but imagine they are, as well.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Going to turn in and watch this guy.
I LOVE his travels and adventures.

LastManStanding

Friday is the "Poison" full moon day. It was the day Arahat Mahinda brought Buddhism to Sri Lanka in 3rd century BC. To commemorate this Buddhists give free food throughout the two days, full moon day and the following day. People set up huts and stalls, and offer anyone food and drinks. Fried rice, rice and curry, chickpeas, yucca, jackfruit etc boiled and accompanied with sambal, noodles, soup, ice cream, tea, coffee, herbal drinks, and more. A neighbour asked me to help the stall organized by his friends. It's a noodle soup hut. Planning to contribute too, probably with noodles and some vegetables. Adjoining it another group is organising a bread and sweet fried onion sambal hut.
Later I'll fire up the scooter and do a small round to watch the colourful lanterns.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Friday is the "Poison" full moon day. It was the day Arahat Mahinda brought Buddhism to Sri Lanka in 3rd century BC. To commemorate this Buddhists give free food throughout the two days, full moon day and the following day. People set up huts and stalls, and offer anyone food and drinks. Fried rice, rice and curry, chickpeas, yucca, jackfruit etc boiled and accompanied with sambal, noodles, soup, ice cream, tea, coffee, herbal drinks, and more. A neighbour asked me to help the stall organized by his friends. It's a noodle soup hut. Planning to contribute too, probably with noodles and some vegetables. Adjoining it another group is organising a bread and sweet fried onion sambal hut.
Later I'll fire up the scooter and do a small round to watch the colourful lanterns.
Take pictures!

LastManStanding

Last Tuesday I went to a funeral. My old neighbour's. Spent the night there, as custormery in village, helping them. Ate biscuits and drank a lot of milk coffee and milk tea the whole night. Next day I ate treacle, avocado, pudding, and many other things (else my niece gets upset that I didn't eat her food) Then I had to play ball with her daughter, no sleep, because even though I pretend to sleep she comes with the ball telling me to throw it one last time. lol. Somehow at the end I had a severe body pain, fever, and bad stomach. Didn't eat until today, live only on liquid and porridge. Then I realized I have no strength at all now, and started the scooter to go to a shop to buy some food. Turned out it had a puncture! Went to the nearest garage guy to get his pump so I can inflate it enough to push it to the garage. He had gone out! Had porridge again, and in the evening went to the garage, brought the pump, took the scooter to his garage, got it sorted, and went to the town and brought a piece of BBQ chicken, to eat spicy after so many days. It was the most tasteless BBQ I've ever eaten. Threw it away, and ate some rice with beans and an omelette.

Meanwhile a guy is messaging me for an itinerary for 3 people for 2.5weeks end of July. I know he is just getting alternate prices, he has already decided someone else I am pretty sure, but I must send a quotation. It takes at least 3 days but he needs within hours. Not possible to call hotels and get actual prices, and check with drivers, work out all costs, and then give him a proper number.
Probably I'll tell him a really big amount; that might solve it. lol.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last Tuesday I went to a funeral. My old neighbour's. Spent the night there, as custormery in village, helping them. Ate biscuits and drank a lot of milk coffee and milk tea the whole night. Next day I ate treacle, avocado, pudding, and many other things (else my niece gets upset that I didn't eat her food) Then I had to play ball with her daughter, no sleep, because even though I pretend to sleep she comes with the ball telling me to throw it one last time. lol. Somehow at the end I had a severe body pain, fever, and bad stomach. Didn't eat until today, live only on liquid and porridge. Then I realized I have no strength at all now, and started the scooter to go to a shop to buy some food. Turned out it had a puncture! Went to the nearest garage guy to get his pump so I can inflate it enough to push it to the garage. He had gone out! Had porridge again, and in the evening went to the garage, brought the pump, took the scooter to his garage, got it sorted, and went to the town and brought a piece of BBQ chicken, to eat spicy after so many days. It was the most tasteless BBQ I've ever eaten. Threw it away, and ate some rice with beans and an omelette.

Meanwhile a guy is messaging me for an itinerary for 3 people for 2.5weeks end of July. I know he is just getting alternate prices, he has already decided someone else I am pretty sure, but I must send a quotation. It takes at least 3 days but he needs within hours. Not possible to call hotels and get actual prices, and check with drivers, work out all costs, and then give him a proper number.
Probably I'll tell him a really big amount; that might solve it. lol.

Wow, you've been busy! Hope you feel better, Indike!

Lee

Johnny West

We hired a man (with his family) to wash the outside windows, roof, gutters, and pressure wash the outside of the house. They started on the windows today. We’ll see how he keeps the outside window from getting messed up when they pressure wash. Nancy and I did all the inside windows.