What are you doing today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I also attended a nurses meeting today.
They had some points to go over concerning hiring back previous employees, because of the situation as it is now.
I said yes, give them another chance.
I'm not so sure that will happen 😕

Our HR director had a beautiful fruit tray during the meeting to offer, but I didn't eat any.
I was chosen as the nurse to do an exercise in communication skills.
It was easy.
The other staff gave clues as to what they were talking about.
I drew it /wrote it out on the whiteboard.

Johnny West

I ran errands today -: recycle run, picked up meds, went to Harbor Freight and got a neat magnet thing I can pick up empty shotgun shells without bending over 25-50 times, and went to bank.

I have an 0345 wake up to go fishing in the morning.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I was just talking to Jeff and his friend Jon in Facebook messenger.
Jon is in Shreveport, Louisiana to visit his son who is stationed at the military base.
Nearby are many Cajun restaurants.
There is one in particular that is pretty popular for their kind chef and the po' boys.
Bon appetit! 😁
1000021520.jpg
1000021519.jpg

Johnny West

The wife tore the front molding of the bumper most of the way off on the car this morning parking at the allergist parking lot stop. She drove home with it hanging out and didn’t notice. I got down on the driveway and managed to get it secured but don’t trust it to stay in place so duck taped it with 100 mile an hour tape. Red would be proud.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I was just making plans with Pam and Jules.
We're going to Detroit in October to see Air Supply in concert. I didn't make it last time because the weather was snowy and horrendous.
Jeff is coming with us and possibly Jule's son Brett.
Jeff knows Detroit well and said he would pay for all our meals at Mom's Spaghetti (the rapper Eminem's restaurant).

Johnny West

Busy morning. We went to military pharmacy and got my meds then on to Costco and stocked up on laundry and dish products good for the winter. After that went to farm market and got a few things for dinner's the rest of the week. She forgot t her phone and wallet at the farm market so had to drive back for it. Thank God for honest folks.
Sent from my iPhone

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The yellow jackets aren't giving up.
Once again, yesterday - Mike was here to spray.
Didn't do a thing except to kill the ones he directly zapped.
I called the landlord and told her something has to be done.
Mike went to the farm supply store and got a yellow jacket trap and hung it from the porch light.

If this doesn't do the trick, THEN the professionals are coming.
They're sure there is a good size hive up under the eaves.
Extermination will have to happen at either dusk or dawn.
With a dust, then they'll seal off the area.

1000022123.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
By the way, I have not seen a single one flying around within the past few hours, before dark.
I believe that means the queen was killed, so the others want nothing to do with coming back.

LastManStanding

I've been really busy the last few weeks. I mean I have no time to spend on usual stuff when I start the computer. The reason? Well, good news! I've got a tour, for just 2 people but I took it. It's a good start I believe. It's not a full tour either, just the transport and guiding only, and the transport cost as of now narrowly breaks even. Still it's alright. The lady who has been in contact with me sounds very nice and understanding. But since she is planning the tour with my help I have to keep answering all her concerns, questions and so on.
Meanwhile another friend wanted my service for his guests' Kandy tour, and I turned it down as I'll be on my tour.
When I get my own full tour I have to make good on a promise I made here long ago. It's on the way, for sure.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been really busy the last few weeks. I mean I have no time to spend on usual stuff when I start the computer. The reason? Well, good news! I've got a tour, for just 2 people but I took it. It's a good start I believe. It's not a full tour either, just the transport and guiding only, and the transport cost as of now narrowly breaks even. Still it's alright. The lady who has been in contact with me sounds very nice and understanding. But since she is planning the tour with my help I have to keep answering all her concerns, questions and so on.
Meanwhile another friend wanted my service for his guests' Kandy tour, and I turned it down as I'll be on my tour.
When I get my own full tour I have to make good on a promise I made here long ago. It's on the way, for sure.

That is great news, Indike! Hope you gain more customers through word-of-mouth from the first ones!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
After Sunday this coming, that will be my last 8 hr night/3rd shift for a while.
I'm going to be on 6p-10p for a while, as many as 5 days within the two week pay period.
I'm happy about it 😊
More hours actually than I have been doing.
Less time being there Lol

lilbopeep

🌹 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Food shopping today. Bought two fully smoked/cooked ready to heat rack of St. Louis BBQ ribs, ingredients for potato salad and macaroni salad, hot dog, ground beef, and fixings etc for tomorrow and the Labor Day holiday.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Right now I'm on both Facebook and here, momentarily.
I'm finding it more entertaining to be on Facebook than here lately.
Mostly because it's a lot more active there, and that's where my family and long time friends and current coworkers are.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I was told I wouldn't be needed on 8 hr night shifts.
Well that changed on Wednesday and Wednesday night was a killer 😕
I'm doing it again tomorrow night.
Covid and short staffing strikes again!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was told I wouldn't be needed on 8 hr night shifts.
Well that changed on Wednesday and Wednesday night was a killer 😕
I'm doing it again tomorrow night.
Covid and short staffing strikes again!

They are very lucky that you are so accommodating, Lora!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
They are very lucky that you are so accommodating, Lora!

Lee
Yeah I know.
I'm not really thrilled about it at the moment.
Our scheduler just asked me if I could come in tonight. Are you kidding me?
We had another covid positive staff member.

1000022516.png

Johnny West

I got the lawn mowed this morning and pulled some weeds. That is the first time I’ve mowed lawn in over 3 years! Nancy got the weed eating done so all is left is to put out weed and feed.

I got a shower, clothes in the washer, and Watching Iowa - Iowa State football.

Breakfast was a bacon 🥓 Butty and lunch was a big bowl of cottage cheese with 6 cherry tomatoes from our garden. Tonight Nancy is making a pizza from scratch for us: artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives, and pepperoni.

I’m done for the day….

Last edited: