Did you know?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Check your zippers on clothes and bags, and there is a good chance you will see the initials 'YKK'. The company, founded in Japan in 1934, has about 40% of the global market, and has plants and offices from USA to Brazil to Singapore to Swaziland. They also manufacture buttons, snaps and hook and loop products

LastManStanding

Check your zippers on clothes and bags, and there is a good chance you will see the initials 'YKK'. The company, founded in Japan in 1934, has about 40% of the global market, and has plants and offices from USA to Brazil to Singapore to Swaziland. They also manufacture buttons, snaps and hook and loop products
Didn't check recently but when I was a kid YKK was the only kind of zip I had seen on anything here in Sri Lanka.
My SwissGear backpack has SwissGear zips, checked just now. And here it is, I have a waist pack with YKK zips, yes! The bag is a brand called Eagle Creek but the zip is YKK. :D

Johnny West

Did you know?​

The February full moon is known as the Snow Moon.

February comes from the Latin word februa, which means 'to cleanse'.

The Field Record Book​

Brown trout (Salmo trutta)

Biggest caught in the UK by rod and reel: 31lb 12oz, Loch Awe, 7 October 1922, caught by Brian Rutland

Biggest caught in the world by rod and reel: 41lb 7oz, Manistee River, USA, 11 September 2009, caught by Tom Healy

Biggest ever recorded: 68lb 5oz, Lake Maggiore, Switzerland, 1928, caught by nets

LastManStanding

Talking about full moon, every full moon day is a holy day for Buddhists in Sri Lanka, and therefore a government declared holiday. Each full moon day has an important event around Buddhism. Full moon day of May is the most important, known as the day Prince Siddhartha was born, attained nirvana(became the Buddha), and passed away. For several days starting from the full moon day, all across the country you will find free food or drink huts inviting anyone passing by.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
FB_IMG_1705753129477.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
What did Twilight Zone, Green Acres, Bonanza, M*A*S*H*, Batman, Mission: Impossible, Hawaii Five‑O, and The Pink Panther have in common?
They are a few of the TV series whose theme song was recorded with The Wrecking Crew, an unofficial group of Los Angeles studio musicians, from the late 1950’s to the mid 1970’s. Hal Blaine (drums) , Tommy Tedesco (guitar) , Carol Kaye (bass guitar) , Glen Campbell (guitar) and Leon Russell (piano) are just a few of the brilliant musicians that took jingles and melodies and turned them into memorable mini songs.

LastManStanding

What did Twilight Zone, Green Acres, Bonanza, M*A*S*H*, Batman, Mission: Impossible, Hawaii Five‑O, and The Pink Panther have in common?
They are a few of the TV series whose theme song was recorded with The Wrecking Crew, an unofficial group of Los Angeles studio musicians, from the late 1950’s to the mid 1970’s. Hal Blaine (drums) , Tommy Tedesco (guitar) , Carol Kaye (bass guitar) , Glen Campbell (guitar) and Leon Russell (piano) are just a few of the brilliant musicians that took jingles and melodies and turned them into memorable mini songs.
Here's some irrelevant rubbish as I always talk: When you say Wrecking Crew the very first thing that comes to my mind is horse racing. Because the 1973 movie The Sting a horse by that name is in one race as announced by the bookie. :D

LastManStanding

Sri Lankan zoo keepers should be kept in these cages for at least 5 years so they can learn that what they do is torture. Lions are in cages that are just a few feet long/wide. A lion cannot even turn around without touching a wall. Same about all animals. Hence I always discourage people from visiting the zoo. Honestly speaking if I had the ability I would feed a few decision makers to the lions so the others would start thinking.
Those animals are born, tortured without knowing what freedom is, and die. Without even stretching their legs once in their life time.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sri Lankan zoo keepers should be kept in these cages for at least 5 years so they can learn that what they do is torture. Lions are in cages that are just a few feet long/wide. A lion cannot even turn around without touching a wall. Same about all animals. Hence I always discourage people from visiting the zoo. Honestly speaking if I had the ability I would feed a few decision makers to the lions so the others would start thinking.
Those animals are born, tortured without knowing what freedom is, and die. Without even stretching their legs once in their life time.
Our zoos here in the states are very closely watched by authorities. That wasn't always the case.
I saw a video this morning of a zoo very near me that I visit every few years.
I'll try to post it here.
The lion loved the recent snow 😊

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
The first Hershey_bars were sold in 1900 and proved so popular that Milton was able to build his own Company town. The factory was in the center of a dairy farmland, but with Hershey's support, houses, businesses, churches and a transportation infrastructure accreted around the plant. The area around the factory eventually became known as the company town of Hershey, Pennsylvania.

Hershey's philanthropy extended to the Milton_Hershey_School, originally for local orphans, but accommodating around 2,000 students as of 2016.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
In 1966, Kenny Rogers joined the New Christie Minstrels ;
the following year, he and a few others left the group to form the First Edition.

Notable former members include Glen Campbell (solo career; Rhinestone Cowboy), Barry McGuire (solo career; Eve of Destruction), Larry Ramos (member of The Association), Kim Carnes ("Betty Davis Eyes & others) and Jerry Yester (member of The Modern Folk Quartet and The Lovin' Spoonful).