Did you know?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌾🌼
Gold Site Supporter
FB_IMG_1706235894477.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
A baseball field built in Chicago in 1890 was designed to protect batters from the late-
afternoon sun. That meant a pitcher would face west and his pitching arm was on the
north side if he was right-handed. The ones who pitched with the left arm became known
as “southpaws,” which is what left-handed pitchers (and all lefties) are still called today.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
"I am about to-or I am going to-die: either expression is correct."
-Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian

"I knew it. I knew it. Born in a hotel room-and G*dd*mn it-died in a hotel
room."
-Eugene O'Neill, playwright

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record."
-Dylan Thomas, poet

Either that wallpaper goes, or I do."
-Oscar Wilde, author

“I’m going to the bathroom to read.”
-Elvis Presley

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Cats are some of the few animals that can't taste sweetness because they lack the receptors that allow their brains to recognize sweet tastes.
No fewer than 21 variations were painted of the "Starry Night". Van Gogh used different weather and lighting.

Last edited:

Johnny West

Did you know? The Eisenhower Tunnel is the highest auto tunnel in the world - The Dwight Eisenhower Memorial Tunnel between Clear Creek & Summit counties is the highest auto tunnel in North America. Bored at an elevation of 11,000 feet under the Continental Divide, it is 8,960 feet long and the average daily traffic exceeds 26,000 vehicles.

IMG_5082.jpeg
IMG_5083.jpeg

LastManStanding

Reminds me a joke that's specific to Sri Lanka. Sanath Jayasuriya held the world record holder in cricket for hitting a fifty in the minimum number of balls. I think 17. Once someone said "Sanath hit a fifty with 17 balls, true, but King Dutugemunu had 250 children with just two balls. THAT'S the record." (Dutugemnu was a king of ancient Sri Lanka).

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Banana facts -

. There are several hundred varieties of bananas worldwide, but the one that most of us slice on our cereal is the Cavendish. The Cavendish is favored by commercial producers for its size, flavor, and most important, resistance to disease.
Ever wonder why bananas have no seeds? Because of natural mutations, the kind we eat don't have any-
the dark dots in the center are all that's left. (Bananas reproduce by underground stems, or rhizomes.) . A few forgotten banana products: banana wine, banana flour (cheaper than wheat flour), banana ketchup, banana pickles, banana vinegar, and Melzo, a powdered-banana drink mix.