What are you doing today?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
You're going to show us when it's ready, right??

Lee
It still has to cure for a week or so. It is SPICY HOT!

20230104_145144.jpg
It It still has to cure for a week or so.
20230104_145117.jpg

LastManStanding

The hardest written exam of the guide course is over. Our group invited me to climb the Adam's Peak today. I said no, as I wanted to rest a bit. It's 11.03 pm now. They must be half way to the summit now. I wish I had joined them.

Johnny West

We drove to SeaTac this morning, picked up Matt and Madeleine, went to a Starbucks foe a coffee, then went to Paolo’s for lunch, took Matt back to SeaTac, drove to Spanaway to get our car at the collision place, and are now home. I’m bushed.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I'm trying to stay up as late as possible so I can sleep most of the day tomorrow as I'm working 3rd shift as well as Thursday and the entire weekend.
This isn't an easy gig, but I'm going to get through it.
I won't be around much either except for mornings.
It's going to be sleeping or work until the following week.
After the 24th I should be good to go.

Ironman

🍺
Well, I'm trying to stay up as late as possible so I can sleep most of the day tomorrow as I'm working 3rd shift as well as Thursday and the entire weekend.
This isn't an easy gig, but I'm going to get through it.
I won't be around much either except for mornings.
It's going to be sleeping or work until the following week.
After the 24th I should be good to go.
Trooper! And to think you wanted to retire :yankchain: lol

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We went to see Hamilton yesterday. WOW!!! It blew me away.
Affterwards, we ate at an old classic in Ybor CIty (Tampa). The Columbia has been around over 100 years. We were seated in the Cafe Room, which is the oldest part. What a great day with good friends.

Johnny West

Another rainy day here. I just made a quick run to Safeway for heavy whipping cream. Nancy made a French apple pie, Peter’s favorite, then realized she used a crust with lard in it, so then she made a crust, from scratch, and made him a pear tart since we then out of apples. I’ve been hungry to grill a chicken - Safeway chickens were $10 to $16 dollars each. The cheapest were $1.69 a pound. Frozen turkeys were on a Managers special for $.99 a pound. I would have bought one but we already have one in the freezer. I may go back and get one to do for the weekend.

Ironman

🍺
Another rainy day here. I just made a quick run to Safeway for heavy whipping cream. Nancy made a French apple pie, Peter’s favorite, then realized she used a crust with lard in it, so then she made a crust, from scratch, and made him a pear tart since we then out of apples. I’ve been hungry to grill a chicken - Safeway chickens were $10 to $16 dollars each. The cheapest were $1.69 a pound. Frozen turkeys were on a Managers special for $.99 a pound. I would have bought one but we already have one in the freezer. I may go back and get one to do for the weekend.
I heard potatoes are the next thing to double in price. I can’t wait to plant the garden this year and my sweeties sister chickens start laying eggs again.

Johnny West

I heard potatoes are the next thing to double in price. I can’t wait to plant the garden this year and my sweeties sister chickens start laying eggs again.
It’s not surprising with the increased prices in fuel. Washington is the leading potato producer and our fuel is higher due to ridiculous fuel taxes. The end user, us, have to make up for it. I’ll leave it at that.

Ironman

🍺
It’s not surprising with the increased prices in fuel. Washington is the leading potato producer and our fuel is higher due to ridiculous fuel taxes. The end user, us, have to make up for it. I’ll leave it at that.
Too bad we can’t make fuel from potatoes!😂 but I’m sure that would be banned too because it would bring the price down and make to much sense. smh

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight she might have me watch 1000 ton sisters on the tube again. Excruciatingly painful to sit thru that. 🥴

Agreed, but I watch it, too. Tammy is a train wreck. I just want to slap her and tell her to stop acting like a spoiled brat. :evil:

If your sweetie would like to dish with me on the subject, I'm game!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I thought about that after I posted lol.

Tonight she might have me watch 1000 ton sisters on the tube again. Excruciatingly painful to sit thru that. 🥴
I like to watch that show.
Because of the medical side of things more than anything else.
I find them both fascinating, but mostly heartbreaking.

Ironman

🍺
Agreed, but I watch it, too. Tammy is a train wreck. I just want to slap her and tell her to stop acting like a spoiled brat. :evil:

If your sweetie would like to dish with me on the subject, I'm game!

Lee
I like to watch that show.
Because of the medical side of things more than anything else.
I find them both fascinating, but mostly heartbreaking.
I admit it’s interesting. I caught myself getting into it and commenting lol. She says the same thing about the crap I watch 😂

Johnny West

I never did watch football with so much family fun going on.

Nancy just left for a doctor appointment in Tacoma, Matt and Maddie are still asleep and I’m having a second cuppa. Matt plans to take her to the zoo today and I will stay home and do what I usually do.
I have mise en place for French toast and will make spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, finally.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Went to an emergency nursing dept. meeting this morning where I work.
Cut to the chase, we've got "new" staff coming in.
Out with the current- in with the new.
New meaning better.
Former management coming back!
If this had not happened, we were in danger of closing doors.
I can't say anything more about it, but it's a good thing.
I'm going to love my job again.
😭

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I did it. I turn 70 this summer, so it was time. There is no advantage to delaying past 70.
I filed for Social Security. I've been putting it off, since it grows an extra 8% per year if you delay, but that stops at 70.

Gawd I'm getting old!
Enjoy!
I'm still torn at doing it when I turn 65 ( in 2 years), or waiting.
I'm certainly not waiting until I hit 70.
P.S. - age is just a number my dear.
😊

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Enjoy!
I'm still torn at doing it when I turn 65 ( in 2 years), or waiting.
I'm certainly not waiting until I hit 70.
P.S. - age is just a number my dear.
😊
As long as you are still working, and don't need the money, it may be beneficial to delay it. Even if your income doesn't go up at all those last few years, your SS benefit increases 8% per year until you turn 70. So if you can wait from 66 to 70, your benefit will be 32% more automatically. It's not the right choice for everyone, but if you are still working or have other income coming in, it might be a good choice. BTW, the full retirement age for full benefits is not 65 anymore. For me, it was 66. Depending on the year you were born, it may be different for you.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
As long as you are still working, and don't need the money, it may be beneficial to delay it. Even if your income doesn't go up at all those last few years, your SS benefit increases 8% per year until you turn 70. So if you can wait from 66 to 70, your benefit will be 32% more automatically. It's not the right choice for everyone, but if you are still working or have other income coming in, it might be a good choice. BTW, the full retirement age for full benefits is not 65 anymore. For me, it was 66. Depending on the year you were born, it may be different for you.
I'll be ok no matter what I do.
😉