What are you doing today?

Ironman

🍺
I was contemplating a visit to see my friend Billy the butcher today. He’s got a load Japanese Kobe beef coming in… I decided not to. I can’t see paying $170.00/lb for ANYTHING. Can’t afford it anyway. I got sick of going to work in February so I stopped going. 😂

4EC2A625-28D8-48F3-8E1B-2D16FDA61B63.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was contemplating a visit to see my friend Billy the butcher today. He’s got a load Japanese Kobe beef coming in… I decided not to. I can’t see paying $170.00/lb for ANYTHING. Can’t afford it anyway. I got sick of going to work in February so I stopped going. 😂

View attachment 56709

You retired, Mark??? YAY!

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We've tried Wagyu a couple of times, ground and rib eyes. I really didn't see any difference in the ground compared to ground sirloin. The rib eyes were better than prime rib eyes, but at over twice the price they weren't that much better.

I will say that Kobe is visually much, much more well marbled than Wagyu, so i would give it a try.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I ran a few errands this morning to include a haircut then sat in their parking lot and read a few chapters in my book. It was lovely sitting in the sun with temp almost to 60°F. The gals at Sport Clips loved my compression socks.

View attachment 56886

What brand of socks? I ordered six pair for my father but he said they were too tight.

Lee

Johnny West

Yesterday afternoon was a day of hitting the better shops in the Tacomaland area. We first drove to Metropolitan Market and glad I went in. The first thing I ran into a retired teacher I used to sub for. She was one of my favorite teachers and she always requested me to sub for her. We had a nice chat. After the Met we drove to Whole Foods, I didn’t get out, and she didn’t find what she was looking for. TJ’s is just a block from WF. I got a six of Harp and Smithwick’s and a bottle of TJ’s tequila which come in actual quarts. From there we went to Marlene’s then to Barnes and Noble. I was able to get the rest of the C.B. Strike novels so am set for reading this summer. While on way home the tire pressure light came on so Discount Tires was the last stop.

Today I have a 1300 appointment for new tires. I’m tired of the frequent angst with these tires.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday afternoon was a day of hitting the better shops in the Tacomaland area. We first drove to Metropolitan Market and glad I went in. The first thing I ran into a retired teacher I used to sub for. She was one of my favorite teachers and she always requested me to sub for her. We had a nice chat. After the Met we drove to Whole Foods, I didn’t get out, and she didn’t find what she was looking for. TJ’s is just a block from WF. I got a six of Harp and Smithwick’s and a bottle of TJ’s tequila which come in actual quarts. From there we went to Marlene’s then to Barnes and Noble. I was able to get the rest of the C.B. Strike novels so am set for reading this summer. While on way home the tire pressure light came on so Discount Tires was the last stop.

Today I have a 1300 appointment for new tires. I’m tired of the frequent angst with these tires.

Oooo, Harp! Good idea! Haven't had one in ages!

Lee

Johnny West

Shunting engine. Yes, used within the yard/station only it seems.
Tacoma has several engines similar to that doing the same tasks.
they are mostly around the big grain elevator and repair yard.

Nancy has an art class at Lakevold Garden that is for veterans and same time as church so I stayed home to watch the church service on Facebook. Of course it shut down minutes into the service. I’ll read my book.

Johnny West

What brand of socks? I ordered six pair for my father but he said they were too tight.

Lee
They are that. The ones I like are called Sockwell. The black dress socks are to long and have to fold them down at my knee. The multi colored sock she got and didn’t like are called Newzill and I love them.

LastManStanding

Tacoma has several engines similar to that doing the same tasks.
they are mostly around the big grain elevator and repair yard.

Nancy has an art class at Lakevold Garden that is for veterans and same time as church so I stayed home to watch the church service on Facebook. Of course it shut down minutes into the service. I’ll read my book.
I had to look up where Tacoma is. From the name I thought it was located towards the South but I was wrong.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I was thinking, maybe if we share interesting threads on twitter and Facebook that will be a boost to the member base.
I'm afraid that ship sailed years ago. Message boards like this are really a thing of the past. Years ago, most people moved to facebook. But now, even that's just becoming a place for old people and advertizers. Younger people moved first to Instagram, then Twitter, TikTok, etc. The newest platform always draws the people. There used to be hundreds of cooking boards like this, with lots of members, but now there are only 3 that I know of, and none of them have many members anymore.

Johnny West

I'm afraid that ship sailed years ago. Message boards like this are really a thing of the past. Years ago, most people moved to facebook. But now, even that's just becoming a place for old people and advertizers. Younger people moved first to Instagram, then Twitter, TikTok, etc. The newest platform always draws the people. There used to be hundreds of cooking boards like this, with lots of members, but now there are only 3 that I know of, and none of them have many members anymore.
One I loved was Rick’s Rub. It had mostly men that were hunter, fishermen, gun and knife collectors, and outdoor cooks. Rick had a family tragedy and dropped social media of all sorts, the board was bought by another provider, people moved on, and or, passed away. Slemmo, from Norway, started a Facebook group of remaining members called Rick’s Crew and he and I are about all that is left. I post the occasion recipe just to keep it alive.

Ironman

🍺
Beautiful. That's a Honda I guess. 1000cc? Smooth touring I'm sure.
Thank you. It’s a Honda CTX1300 (1260~ cc’s I think). Only made in 2014. It succeeded the Honda ST1300, also called the “Pan-European” in Europe.
This thing is a thrill to drive, smooth as silk with plenty of low end torque. No problem riding 2 up. I’m getting almost 50mpg.
We figured what the hell… you only go around once and we love adventures. 🙂

Ironman

🍺
Congrats and stay safe, Mark!

Lee
Thanks Lee! It’s fun cruising without a roof over your head.

I took a safety class in 2013, maybe? Anyway the Lady that taught the class was a real witch. I didn’t care for her much 😡 One little mistake in class on the motorcycle and she jumped my shti. It was today on my bike, backing out of a parking stall that I remembered her. She jumped me for not looking behind me when backing up. I realized She hollered at me because she cared and wanted me to remember the safe way to do things, not because she hated me. Probably the best teacher I ever had. 😎

LastManStanding

Thank you. It’s a Honda CTX1300 (1260~ cc’s I think). Only made in 2014. It succeeded the Honda ST1300, also called the “Pan-European” in Europe.
This thing is a thrill to drive, smooth as silk with plenty of low end torque. No problem riding 2 up. I’m getting almost 50mpg.
We figured what the hell… you only go around once and we love adventures. 🙂
Honda has created some of the best riding machines. Being a tiny guy I rode an XL125R which I absolutely loved in my youth. Even today I would choose it over any other bike. It's a trail bike, no luxury, but it becomes a part of your body when you ride it for some time.
1260cc is 1010cc more than what is permitted in my country 🤣.