The "Breakfast" thread

Embryodad

Today, I had egg beaters ( all egg whites colored yellow ) made into an cheese omelet. Crackers instead of bread toasted.
Oh! I smacked up every crumb with my finger.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Today, I had egg beaters ( all egg whites colored yellow ) made into an cheese omelet. Crackers instead of bread toasted.
Oh! I smacked up every crumb with my finger.

Jimmy, every morning, I have 1/2 cup of Eggbeaters, scrambled and 1 toasted slice of Ezekiel bread (the healthiest of breads) spread with a little low sodium Smart Balance. And a squirt of ketchup.

The bread is in the freezer section and I've really developed a fondness for it. It sure is better than no bread!

And this breakfast sticks with me for hours.

Lee

Lee

Embryodad

Jimmy, every morning, I have 1/2 cup of Eggbeaters, scrambled and 1 toasted slice of Ezekiel bread (the healthiest of breads) spread with a little low sodium Smart Balance. And a squirt of ketchup.

The bread is in the freezer section and I've really developed a fondness for it. It sure is better than no bread!

And this breakfast sticks with me for hours.

Lee

Lee
Thanks Lee..... My Maria knows about the bread. I'm gonna try it.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Lunch/brunch..

I made a tuna salad wrap using the lemon pepper Starkist pouch, lettuce, and a Velveeta slice.
The tater chips are Utz's street corn.

20200822_105153.jpg

20200822_104929.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
DD made brunch omelettes again.

Stuffed with shredded cheddar, Sautéed mushrooms and spinach.

mushroom_spinach_cheese_omelette_082320_1_IMG_7101.JPG

mushroom_spinach_cheese_omelette_082320_2_IMG_7103.JPG

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh Wow! .... Just the way I like my eggs.
Using egg beaters now to keep my A1C in control.
Tina likes her eggs fluffy and watery.
I like mine like shown here on your posted pic. Firm. Not watery.

Thank you Jimmy.

I have diabetes also. Eggs are protein they don't spike your blood sugar.

I'll tell you a secret I have learned about carbs/starch/sugar. I'm not positive why or how but it works for me.
If you eat something high in fat in the same meal with carbs/starch/sugar the fat helps the carbs/starch/sugar release into your blood slower so you don't get spikes.

Example: eat a fatty meat (bacon, sausage, Taylor ham, etc.), buttered (and/or cream cheese) toasted with your breakfast eggs and potatoes.

Check your blood sugar 2 hours after your done eating to see if your blood sugar number is acceptable.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I bought a box of Tennessee Pride sausage biscuit sliders.
Two of those, a nanner, my v8 and daily supps.

20200828_080046.jpg

Freeheal

Good Morning from California!

My father is not a fan of chorizo, so since he took off early this morning, it felt like a good time to break it out. :fridge:

Two corn tortillas, eggs scrambled with cheese, chorizo fried with red and green pepper, caramelized onions, sour cream, and lest we forget the BACON!!

? Let's see how long it takes my father to realize his DD has joined the forum. @Lucky-- No cheating and telling!

Attachments

• IMG_20200828_092624_005.jpg
    IMG_20200828_092624_005.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 144

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter

My father is not a fan of chorizo, so since he took off early this morning, it felt like a good time to break it out. :fridge:

Two corn tortillas, eggs scrambled with cheese, chorizo fried with red and green pepper, caramelized onions, sour cream, and lest we forget the BACON!!

�� Let's see how long it takes my father to realize his DD has joined the forum. @Lucky-- No cheating and telling!

Welcome to the Forum DD!

Cooksie

Site Supporter

? Let's see how long it takes my father to realize his DD has joined the forum. @Lucky-- No cheating and telling!

That looks really good!

A guessing game....love it. It probably won't take long. I think I've already figured it out.

Welcome....if you're who I think you are, you're a very good cook :readytoeat:.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
That looks really good!

A guessing game....love it. It probably won't take long. I think I've already figured it out.

Welcome....if you're who I think you are, you're a very good cook :readytoeat:.

Welcome Crystal-What a wonderful surprise.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to NCT, Crystal!

We've enjoyed seeing what you and Dan cook!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday while I was downtown, I stopped in Seasons Eatings and picked up a peach scone.
Delicious.

20200904_081523.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I went to Trader Joe's the other day and picked up things to make my own cereal blend. I had a bowl this morning.

Corn flakes, frosted corn flakes, freeze dried strawberries, freeze dried blueberries, raw sliced almonds and 72% Cacao Belgian Dark Chocolate Bar (chopped).

cereal_blend_091020_IMG_7153.JPG

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I went to Trader Joe's the other day and picked up things to make my own cereal blend. I had a bowl this morning.

Corn flakes, frosted corn flakes, freeze-dried strawberries, freeze-dried blueberries, raw sliced almonds and 72% Cacao Belgian Dark Chocolate Bar (chopped).

Attachments

• cereal_blend_091020_IMG_7153.JPG
    cereal_blend_091020_IMG_7153.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 116

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Corn flakes, frosted corn flakes, freeze-dried strawberries, freeze-dried blueberries, raw sliced almonds and 72% Cacao Belgian Dark Chocolate Bar (chopped).

I had a bowl of my cereal mix for breakfast.

attachment.php

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Corn Beef Hash, w/ Fried Egg.
Biscuits & Gravy
Tomato Juice & French Roast Coffee.

Attachments

• 7brk.jpg
    7brk.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 109