What's on the menu Sunday, 2/21/2021 to Saturday, 2/27/2021?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Dinner last night - Hub and I had pan fried shredded potato hash browns, Taylor ham, poached eggs and toasted & buttered English muffin. DD's had the same but with turkey bacon (I don't like the flavor of turkey bacon).
I like turkey bacon, but it largely depends on the brand.
Speaking of turkey...
Yup! Big fat turkey sandwich for dinner here.

Johnny West

I have a turkey breast and a whole turkey in my freezer I have to use. We got them for free and haven't used them yet. I need to make room for the Easter give away. So I was planning roast turkey in the next week or so.
I have a turkey in the freezer, as well. We plan to cook it for Easter but will also get a small ham.

in a few minutes I’ll get ready to prep tonight’s supper. I’m doing a dill pickle beef roast in the crock pot Which is a recipe floating around Facebook. I think it should come out tasting like rouladen. I’ll have carrots and mashed potatoes on the side.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I have a turkey in the freezer, as well. We plan to cook it for Easter but will also get a small ham.

in a few minutes I’ll get ready to prep tonight’s supper. I’m doing a dill pickle beef roast in the crock pot Which is a recipe floating around Facebook. I think it should come out tasting like rouladen. I’ll have carrots and mashed potatoes on the side.
Is that the Mississippi pot roast?
That one has banana peppers and a whole stick of butter on the top.
My friends Charlotte and Aleisha both have made it.

Johnny West

Is that the Mississippi pot roast?
That one has banana peppers and a whole stick of butter on the top.
My friends Charlotte and Aleisha both have made it.
No, this one has no peppers but have seen it on various sites.
4367BFB3-B12A-49F3-AFB6-4AE475A84A3B.jpeg

Last edited:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
That spinach and mushroom side looks wonderful, Dan!

How are you and your daughter feeling since you've started your diets?

Lee
Hi Lee. DD's diet is really hard, but she is
already feeling a lot better.
Mine- I was 213 Day after Super Bowl.
This morning I weighed 202.8. I sure
miss so many foods.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Lee. DD's diet is really hard, but she is
already feeling a lot better.
Mine- I was 213 Day after Super Bowl.
This morning I weighed 202.8. I sure
miss so many foods.

Good to hear, Dan - you are both doing great!

Yes, I miss so many foods that I've been depriving myself of, too! It's worth the willpower, though!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
lasagna tonight.... or eggplant casserole. Still upset and trying to get back in swing from stay in ER and two hospitals after cardiac pain.
Back home taking new meds for pain. Feeling a little better now. Just taking it easy.

Will see.

Geez, Jimmy! I worry about you!

Feel better soon!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
lasagna tonight.... or eggplant casserole. Still upset and trying to get back in swing from stay in ER and two hospitals after cardiac pain.
Back home taking new meds for pain. Feeling a little better now. Just taking it easy.

Will see.
.Feel Better, E-Daddy ! Gettin' old's a Beech !

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have baby back ribs for tonight. This is the first time that I've ever had a hard time pulling the silver skin off the back. Usually I can latch on to piece of the skin and just pull it back with a napkin...not so today. I got as much off as I could and said screw the rest. I have some potatoes going for potato salad.

Ironman

🍺
I have baby back ribs for tonight. This is the first time that I've ever had a hard time pulling the silver skin off the back. Usually I can latch on to piece of the skin and just pull it back with a napkin...not so today. I got as much off as I could and said screw the rest. I have some potatoes going for potato salad.
I had that problem with my last rack. I came to the conclusion somebody else must have done it and called it good ?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Mom's sandwiches, a sandwich I came up with when DD was a tween. She'll be 43 in about 14 hours from now. This version was pastrami, corned beef, munster cheese, tomatoes, sour pickles, 1000 island dressing. They were good, but something was missing and craig and i can't figure out what it is. I thought it had 3 meats, he thought just 2, but we do agree something was missing. I'm thinking ham. Oh, it's on homemade rustic bread and dipped in egg wash, then fried in an oil/butter mix.
2021-02-26 19.42.46.jpg