What's on the menu Sunday, 2/21/2021 to Saturday, 2/27/2021?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I went to the freezer and put something together.
20210223_163456.jpg

Johnny West

I decided I wanted cheese, crackers, and Amana salami. The cheese is smoked Gouda and Coastal Cheddar. I had enough chicken and dumpling soup for dinner to last me all day. Oh, eh! And a bottle of bubbly.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sm
I decided I wanted cheese, crackers, and Amana salami. The cheese is smoked Gouda and Coastal Cheddar. I had enough chicken and dumpling soup for dinner to last me all day. Oh, eh! And a bottle of bubbly.
Smoked gouda is ambrosia! I've never had Amana salami, but I would probably love it.

Lee

Johnny West

Sm

Smoked gouda is ambrosia! I've never had Amana salami, but I would probably love it.

Lee
I get the smoked Gouda at Costco. My aunt sent us a gift box of Amana products for Christmas. We get a quality smoked summer sausage from Stewart’s Meats in Yelm that is fantastic.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Hot dog coins and onions (seasoned with salt and pepper) sautéed in butter. Tomato paste, red wine and water added to make a sauce and simmered while pasta was cooking. Pasta water added to thin out a bit. Cooked pasta shells added. And a beer.

hot_dogs_tomato_onions_pasta_022321_IMG_7800.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hot dog coins and onions (seasoned with salt and pepper) sautéed in butter. Tomato paste, red wine and water added to make a sauce and simmered while pasta was cooking. Pasta water added to thin out a bit. Cooked pasta shells added. And a beer.

View attachment 41031
I keep saying I'm going to make this again because I loved it.
Also, I need to get some beer.
Moosehead- if I ever make it up to the place in Toledo that sells it.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Beef tataki, which is seared tenderloin, rubbed with a sweet soy sauce, then marinated in tamari and other things. Asian lobster salad, which is grated cucumber and carrot, with a dressing of kimchi base and honey, with chunks of a small Maine lobster on top. Sweet potato and zucchini tempura. Homemade ponzu sauce for dipping the tataki and veges
2021-02-24 18.29.13.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Beef tataki, which is seared tenderloin, rubbed with a sweet soy sauce, then marinated in tamari and other things. Asian lobster salad, which is grated cucumber and carrot, with a dressing of kimchi base and honey, with chunks of a small Maine lobster on top. Sweet potato and zucchini tempura. Homemade ponzu sauce for dipping the tataki and vegesView attachment 41043

Amazing! Loving that vegetable tempura! I might even like sweet potatoes that way!

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Amazing! Loving that vegetable tempura! I might even like sweet potatoes that way!

Lee

It's pretty good, not so overpowering. I steamed them for 3 minutes and then let them dry for a while before dipping and frying.

First time I had them in tempura was in the Japanese lounge overlooking the lagoon in EPCOT at Disney World. They were served with other veges and shrimp.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
DD is still doing the cooking. I think I taught her well.
She could prep for me when she was 5.- OL tonight
She made me a steak w/ a huge Portabella Mushroom.;
And here is her Dinner:
Cry_din_22421.jpg

Her plate- Steak, Dill Pickle, Olives, Spinach W/Enoki Mushrooms.
where does she get these ideas?