What are you eating Sunday 3/26/2023 to Saturday 4/1/2023?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
RI think thereis a style of corning beef without nitrates that leaves the beef gray. It's not about the cooking process, and it's unique to New England. Lee's father perfers that style.
Kathy's correct. The traditional New England boiled dinner uses gray corned beef, brisket that is brined in salted water for weeks.

I didn't have red corned beef until I was in college.

Lee

Ironman

🍺
Ribs and steamed veggies tonight.

12235933-D011-4C50-959A-5EDC4FC9115E.jpeg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We went to Rock and Roll Ribs for lunch after running errands. Craig got our usual of a full rack of baby back ribs. It's owned by Nicko McBrain from Iron Maiden. This is the only place Craig will order ribs out. I decided on their rib eye, which was my first ever disappointment there. It was okay, but was too thin so couldn't be grilled properly. I had thought about getting the hot dog, but was hesitant because, well, it's a hot dog. But, while we were waiting for our food, 3 guys at a table next to us all got the dogs. OMG, they were huge in length and girth. After they finished and were just talking, I asked them if the dogs were as good as they looked. All 3 of them raved about them and 1 said "this is the only place I will order a hot dog." Guess what I'm trying next time!

Dinner is a repeat of lunch. They do not skimp on portion size.

Ironman

🍺
We went to Rock and Roll Ribs for lunch after running errands. Craig got our usual of a full rack of baby back ribs. It's owned by Nicko McBrain from Iron Maiden. This is the only place Craig will order ribs out. I decided on their rib eye, which was my first ever disappointment there. It was okay, but was too thin so couldn't be grilled properly. I had thought about getting the hot dog, but was hesitant because, well, it's a hot dog. But, while we were waiting for our food, 3 guys at a table next to us all got the dogs. OMG, they were huge in length and girth. After they finished and were just talking, I asked them if the dogs were as good as they looked. All 3 of them raved about them and 1 said "this is the only place I will order a hot dog." Guess what I'm trying next time!

Dinner is a repeat of lunch. They do not skimp on portion size.
Does Nicko ever stop in?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Does Nicko ever stop in?

Yes. I've never seen him, not that I'd know him unless I had just seen a picture, but a couple of guys we know have hung out with him in the backroom. He also performs on rare occasions from what I've been told. There's a little roped off stage with a set of drums along 1 wall.

Oh, Craig also got the poppers. It's amazing how good they are with the raspberry sauce.