What are you doing today?

Johnny West

What an ordeal to get this girl dressed and to school this morning.
She is not a morning person. One of the mom’s asked us to bring
her to the pool tomorrow so she can play with her son and give us
a break. Another person is lined up to take her Sunday, too.

This altitude is kicking my butt. I just spent almost two hours with
the CPAP on. I did get all our laundry done and just finishing hers
from the trip.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Worried about my friend April right now.
She's a brand new nurse at our facility.
Thursday she began having symptoms of which I thought was a UTI.
She said she would manage it, but she didn't because they've been working her 12 hrs ×4.
That's insane 😡
She's at a hospital in Defiance right now on an IV.
I specifically told her to go THERE because our county hospital sucks.
They look at you, throw a script at you then send you on your way.

Jusa

Worried about my friend April right now.
She's a brand new nurse at our facility.
Thursday she began having symptoms of which I thought was a UTI.
She said she would manage it, but she didn't because they've been working her 12 hrs ×4.
That's insane 😡
She's at a hospital in Defiance right now on an IV.
I specifically told her to go THERE because our county hospital sucks.
They look at you, throw a script at you then send you on your way.
It's really hard to pee a lot when someone is working so much (especially on their feet) and not peeing enough is sure enough likely to result in a UTI. I know this from experience (my own and others), not because I am a healthcare professional. So sorry, I hope she is okay. I had a friend who ended up getting a bad kidney infection from letting a UTI go too long untreated but she ended up recovering, and my own mother had a bad UTI that ended up in kidney failure...dialysis didn't work for her and she never came home from the hospital.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I knew it.
This time, it's kicking my ass.

20221115_105521.jpg

Jusa

Yeah I'm off for 10 days.
15 residents now have tested covid positive according to my friend Jules.
We've all been vaccinated and boosted.
I've been back to mask wearing in stores lately. I get a lot of weird looks. I'm vaxxed and boosted too. My MIL is immunocompromised though and I see her pretty often, so gotta stay germ free for her.

Are you feeling ok?

Johnny West

We got to Bald Mountain, elev. 10,000 ft, and had a sandwich then drove back down to Heber Dairy for one last ice cream.

View attachment 52559
Today, after we dropped Maddie off for school, we went to Walmart for a few grocery items, went to McD’s for coffee and an egg biscuit, then drove to Heber City and Heber Dairy for cheese to take home and an ice cream. I had the Aggie Blue Mint, and huckleberry. Both were good but that mint was special.

9652A5CB-11DD-4EEC-A5C2-B68D895E6F5E.jpeg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've been back to mask wearing in stores lately. I get a lot of weird looks. I'm vaxxed and boosted too. My MIL is immunocompromised though and I see her pretty often, so gotta stay germ free for her.

Are you feeling ok?
Yesterday was bad. I did nothing.
It was difficult to focus, walk, nevermind having no appetite.
Odd though. I never had a fever, but did have a cracking headache for 24 hours.
My cough is productive, still have nasal congestion which led to a pretty bad nosebleed yesterday morning.
There is no strength in my limbs.
I feel like I weigh 500 lbs.
That said, I do feel better today in comparison.
I slept for 9 hrs straight last night.
I'm off work until after Thanksgiving.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday was bad. I did nothing.
It was difficult to focus, walk, nevermind having no appetite.
Odd though. I never had a fever, but did have a cracking headache for 24 hours.
My cough is productive, still have nasal congestion which led to a pretty bad nosebleed yesterday morning.
There is no strength in my limbs.
I feel like I weigh 500 lbs.
That said, I do feel better today in comparison.
I slept for 9 hrs straight last night.
I'm off work until after Thanksgiving.

Geez, that sucks, Lora! I don't think I could stand a 24-hour headache! I really, really, HATE headaches!

Lee

Jusa

Geez, that sucks, Lora! I don't think I could stand a 24-hour headache! I really, really, HATE headaches!

Lee
Me too. I used to get migraines when my kids were teenagers. They miraculously disappeared when my kids moved out on their own.

Johnny West

We are packing out and will be ready to leave in the morning.
Matt has had the Tijuana Flu for 7 days and never saw a doctor.
I hope he gets seen tomorrow.

Johnny West

I always thought it was the water. Yikes!
Food. I ate a slice of mango from a Honduran gal that worked at hospital headquarters in Honduras and got it. Luckily I worked with two doctors and got over it in about three days. it was miserable.

LastManStanding

My aunt made fresh herbal hair oil with Eclipta prostrata, Indigofera tinctoria, Fenugreek, shallot bulbs, Indian pennywort, and black fennel, added to freshly made coconut oil. (She ground all herbs and added the juice to coconut milk which was then boiled into oil).
The oil is turquoise blue. One would think that colour was added. It's so beautifully blue. And smells fabulous.

LastManStanding

We overnighted in Nampa and on the drive home today will go out of our way to hit some national park.
National parks! I'm sick of them these days. Lol. Following the National Tourist Guide Lecturer course, and learning about national parks, history, archaeology, and so many other stuff. And need to remember them all to pass the final exam 😅

Johnny West

We left the interstate in Ontario, OR and drove through central Oregon, a road with twist and turns through rolling small mountain, cattle ranches, high desert, etc. It wore me out. We ended up at John Day Fossil Center then the John Day Painted Hills. We then headed to Madras, OR and north to Portland and home. The side trip added about 6 hours to our drive. We did see some gorgeous scenery and lots of game to include deer, antelope, coyote, geese, ducks, doves, quail, pheasant, and lots of turkeys. I even saw several peacocks in a yard.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Went back to work Tuesday night.
That was supposed to be a 6p-10p med pass only.
Well I got stuck there for 12 hours because the agency nurse who was supposed to be my relief didn't show.
So I did the 12 and came home feeling like shit Wednesday morning, called the unit manager for nights and said now wait a minute.. YOU had covid, 3 others had covid, what happened here??
Did you all just bounce right back, because i sure did not.
How did you just leave me there to try to basically crawl through 12 hours from 4?
She told me I'd had enough time off then had the audacity to ask me to work again last night.
🤣
I'm not going back to work until Sunday night.
I might put up my Christmas tree tomorrow and carry on with my happy life.
I'm about done.
Seriously done.