Good day thread

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Good day everyone. It's 62F now and high is supposed to be 76F.
Last night was crazy!! It was pouring most of the day, windy and flooding everywhere. The thunder started about 8pm. The rain/storm ended about 10pm. We are still in a Flood watch till tomorrow night (9/3/2021) because the rivers in this area (and most of the east side of the state) are overflowing. My area is also surrounded by many creeks, all overflowing.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yes Peeps, I've heard from friends from Jersey and Philly about the wild weather.
?

Today is lovely, sunny and cool.
I'm working the 2-6p slot today.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I tried to take DD to work, but couldn't get down the street. People are wading through the water up to just below their knees.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Good day everyone. Hub has a very small car, so he needed a ride to work last night. The highway was still flooded. Left and right lanes blocked off due to stranded cars. The side streets have stranded cars all over the place. I hope the flooding went down, and the cars are off the roads. We still have a flood warning because the rivers and drainage can't handle all the water and are still overflowing.

9-3-2021.JPG

flood.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Good morning, Peeps- my fellow early bird.
Sure wish you weren't going through this.

The forecast here is perfect.
I'm going grocery shopping today at some point.

20210903_070144.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you, Sass. Have a great day. I'm off in a few to pick hub up from work. DD #1 is off today and tomorrow. DD #2 can take the car when I get back with hub. Hopefully I'll have almost 2 days off from Taxi service. LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I think I'll go shopping tomorrow. Didn't sleep well last night. One more DD to take to work, then I'll eat breakfast/brunch and take a nap, maybe. Maybe prep dinner first. Then DD's pick up times and cooking dinner.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Good day everyone. It's 67F high of 82F today. Rain and thunderstorm in forecast. I will go food shopping later if it isn't raining at the time.

I hope you're feeling better Sass.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps, I am.
I haven't been sick, let's just say the annoying situation righted itself with the help of extra fiber. ? (damn Lipitor). Lol

It did storm briefly here last night.
Nothing major. They got slammed up in Toledo and Michigan.
Cooler temps now.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Good day everyone. It was 64 °F, high of 85 °F today. DD wants to go to a few stores later. So we'll be running around.

Johnny West

Right before noon we went to Sholtz Farm for sweetcorn and peaches. I got the corn but they had no peaches and stated they would not get anymore as they don’t sell peaches that have been in cold storage. We had a full bag of fuel so I suggested we drive to Naches and get peaches… and on the road we went. We drove over Chinook Pass, traffic was heavy. Once we got to Naches we stopped at Thompson Farms and got O’Henry peaches and a box of purple plums. I’m not sure what we are going to do with a box of peaches - I may have to can four quarts or so. i may have to make plum jelly, too. After hitting the veg stand we drove into Yakima and had a late afternoon supper at Bob’s Burgers and Brew. For the drive home we did White Pass which had very little traffic. When we hit Packwood we turned off on Skate Creek Road which is a windy, poorly maintained road that is closed off in Winter. It cuts a lot off the drive, even at 35-40 mph. I’m knackered.

A6FA8E82-6985-4FB0-BCD2-ABAA64AFC259.jpeg