What are you doing today?

Johnny West

2 days ago I came to Kandy from Galle. I usually have a checklist but this time I didn't check it. And I have left my ATM card, driving licence, headphones, and even that tiny pin that you need to change the SIM card. Wondering whether to go back or get it via a courier service. 😅 The trip takes about 7 hours at least on the bus. So it will be 14 hours if I go there. 🤣
You better go back.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Did you write all that, LM? It's great! I have a couple of comments.

It is not clear to me what services you provide. Do you stay with the tour group throughout their trip? Do you book hotel rooms for them? Do you give a running spiel when they are on the bus?

I LOVE the paragraph that talks about the authentic experience "off the beaten path". I think that should stand out somehow, maybe use that phrase as a title in bold font before beginning the paragraph. I'd want THAT experience!

If I were to go on the tour, I would want to be assured of my physical and financial safety the whole time. Will you talk about that?

Nice job!

Lee

LastManStanding

Did you write all that, LM? It's great! I have a couple of comments.

It is not clear to me what services you provide. Do you stay with the tour group throughout their trip? Do you book hotel rooms for them? Do you give a running spiel when they are on the bus?

I LOVE the paragraph that talks about the authentic experience "off the beaten path". I think that should stand out somehow, maybe use that phrase as a title in bold font before beginning the paragraph. I'd want THAT experience!

If I were to go on the tour, I would want to be assured of my physical and financial safety the whole time. Will you talk about that?

Nice job!

Lee
Thanks for the views Lee. Yes now I understand that the itineraries need to be clearer.

The tours come with all you said. I go with the group, give a running commentary, and stay with the group from start to finish. If there would be two groups (too ambitious at this stage 😅) then I will send another national guide, and it will be the same procedure.

I book hotels, and make everything ready including the breakfast and dinner. Lunch will be for them to buy but for that too a restaurant with a good buffet will be arranged in advance.

I will add them all to the itinerary, and also publish an article in the homepage. Thanks for pointing it out.

All those articles are my work, every single word of them :). They are from my previous blog - same website but before the guide thing. I wrote them in a hurry in order to publish something every week but now they need to be fine tuned.

I honestly hate it when people set up "authentic experiences" just for tourists. I mentioned that several times on TripAdvisor and got my profile banned after some people reported me I guess.
For example when you go to Sigiriya there's a famous village tour which is totally staged for tourists. Why can't they take the tourists to an actual village? Because they don't get commission from anyone, and don't want extra miles on the bus.
And then again a few days ago I said the same thing on TripAdvisor with my brand new account but still no war 🤣🤣🤣. I'll show the link in a while. 😅

LastManStanding

Added 2 more itineraries. Added meals info and next step is to add an article on the first page about what we include in tours. Currently writing it. Also the "authentic experience" part was put under a sub heading.
Website is getting into shape.
I must remove that 500 trips done etc banner. It came with the theme template.

Johnny West

Today we planned to drive up to Bald Mountain but road was blocked off 20 miles +- out of Kamas. We stopped on the way back and Nancy picked green pine cones to make pine cone syrup. That’s another story.

After getting back to civilization we drove to Heber Dairy and got cheese and ice cream cones, then back to Matt’s condo to refrigerate the cheese, and then to a late lunch at the Big Dipper.

Last edited:

Ironman

🍺
Today I went to Stoughton Wisconsin to see my people! Mostly a Norwegian town, fun time.

IMG_8279.jpeg

IMG_8270.jpeg
IMG_8271.jpeg

Norwegian meatballs

IMG_8276.jpeg
IMG_8275.jpeg
IMG_8274.jpeg
IMG_8272.jpeg

LastManStanding

Planning to go to Colombo in a friend's car. He said he'll pick me up at 6am, so I set alarm to 5 am and woke up. As still no show at 6 I called him, to know he's got a backache and applying some balm. And will be here once the ache goes down. Now it's 7.10 and I'm wondering why I didn't call him as soon as I got up, so I could've gone back to sleep another hour and a half. 😅

P.s. 3 hours! 🤣

Last edited:

LastManStanding

Came to Colombo for some work. And then the management of the YMCA hostel (that's where I have rented my accommodation) said that their committee has decided to increase the rent from next month. lol. Decided to leave the room because I only stay there just a few days a month.
I so want to get the tourism business running. Distant dreams though. :ROFLMAO: Couldn't do anything to the website as I was helping another guy with his websites the whole week. He is in the tourism business, and is very successful. I can pick some tips and tricks of the trade. Going back home this weekend.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Worked until 6:45 this morning, came home, zipped into the shower, then bed for 4 hours, then right back up again.
I'll be off now until Wednesday night.
I'm wondering how long our facility is actually going to remain open, because we're back to the switch in management and we've got too many non in-house "employees" once again/agency nurses.
I had to wait for my relief to show this morning because she was coming from Detroit.
🙄

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Worked until 6:45 this morning, came home, zipped into the shower, then bed for 4 hours, then right back up again.
I'll be off now until Wednesday night.
I'm wondering how long our facility is actually going to remain open, because we're back to the switch in management and we've got too many non in-house "employees" once again/agency nurses.
I had to wait for my relief to show this morning because she was coming from Detroit.
🙄

Counting down to retirement yet?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Counting down to retirement yet?

Lee
Yes Ma'am.
I think it's time.
I don't sleep lately.
I come home wired 90 percent of the time.
Got it all in writing, paperwork waiting since I applied for early retirement, I get letters updating me, plus it's doable.
The only thing keeping me there is my love for nursing and my residents.

Ironman

🍺
Yes Ma'am.
I think it's time.
I don't sleep lately.
I come home wired 90 percent of the time.
Got it all in writing, paperwork waiting since I applied for early retirement, I get letters updating me, plus it's doable.
The only thing keeping me there is my love for nursing and my residents.
I think your job might be a pita sometimes, but you really do love your work. 😉 anybody wanna put some money on this “retirement “ date? 😛 just kidding Lora 🙂

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I think your job might be a pita sometimes, but you really do love your work. 😉 anybody wanna put some money on this “retirement “ date? 😛 just kidding Lora 🙂
Mark, I won't even say what Jeff and Ty are saying about it.
Too many expletives.
They know very well what their Mother is going through.
I've got several friends as well who have left for greener pastures to wait out the appropriate time to retire.
They're younger than me though, by a few years.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Woke up this morning to a power outage around 6:30am. It was off for nearly an hour.
What alerted me was the sound of my microwave beeping and my phone made the noise it normally makes when I plug in the charger.
I logged into Facebook and the local city group was going crazy with OMG we have no power??
Settle down people lol

I wasn't about to throw a fit over something fixable, especially when I think about the people up in Toledo (Point Place) on lake Erie who went through the destruction of yesterday's EF tornado.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Oh yes, this coming Monday and Thursday, then 2 other days ...I'm training my replacement night shift nurses 😁
Ema and Heather. They'll be taking over once I get down to the 2-4 days a month in July.
My administrator isn't too happy about the retirement and cutting myself down to very few hours.
Freedom!

LastManStanding

Oh yes, this coming Monday and Thursday, then 2 other days ...I'm training my replacement night shift nurses 😁
Ema and Heather. They'll be taking over once I get down to the 2-4 days a month in July.
My administrator isn't too happy about the retirement and cutting myself down to very few hours.
Freedom!
But it's when you leave that they actually start seeing the weight you were carrying all that time. Until then it's always "yes I understand" but actually never understood.