What are you doing today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Just got back from a trip to my doc.
She said the gastric ulcer is healed (I knew it) lol
I'm allowed to drink coffeeeeee again, and eat chocolate, enjoy oranges and tomatoes and have a few beers now and then. Woot!
Still going to adhere to the healthier eating plan 😎

Grocery shopping is done for the week too.
Yay 😊

Johnny West

This afternoon we worked in back yard weeding, planting a few things, and I started cutting out last year‘s fern fronds. I have a few left to do as well as bag them up but ran out of steam. I’ll save them for tomorrow or Friday.

What we did see is our trillium we planted a few years ago is in bloom and some of the wild trillium has buds as well as some new plants sprouting up. Of the 30 or so ramps she planted only seven came up.our asparagus is about two inches tall. The dollar plants are all in bloom and will get pictures tomorrow.

A1955C3B-3875-4826-960E-F9F9C52EA3FA.jpeg
A28CAE52-00F9-4080-A570-72E06C6B1E20.jpeg

Johnny West

I’m up early. Nancy has a doctor appointment at VA hospital in Seattle At 0800.
I hate Seattle driving especially morning rush hour on a Friday.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I went to Maumee (' burb of Toledo ) to shop.
The weather is lousy, rainy and windy.
Saw a bad car crash between a semi and a car.
😟

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I have one from the Vatican my brother brought me. I’m not sure it’s the same as the Anglican. Ill ask my vicar.
Anglican rosary prayers are very different.
Yours has the intro, cruciforms and another short prayers going around the beads.
Catholic rosary has the Apostle's Creed, Our Father's, Hail Mary's, Glory Be's and Hail Holy Queens.
Longer to get through the Catholic rosary.
Even though when I was a kid I'd rush through a decade of Hail Mary's.
It drove my Grandmother crazy 🤣

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
So I asked Jules to send me the assignment sheet for today/tonight , because I always like knowing who I'll be working with.
She said oh, I don't work today.
I said what? This is your weekend right?
(She works day shift)
She said nope, not today, sorry.. can't take a pic of the schedule.
So I called work to ask the day nurse.
She said well, there's a Julie working tonight.
Aha! 🤣
She told the director she would pick up a night shift if she could be with me on the north side.
Yay!! ❤️❤️❤️

Johnny West

Today we have our, possibly last, Treveri Wine Club event. With Nancy having quit drinking there is no sense in buying large quantities of bubbly. I can’t drink it all by myself and only chill a bottle when guests are expected. I’ll miss it.
Well, that didn’t happen… 😁

Today there will be a few household chores to do and will be packing for a trip to Park City.
Nancy decided we will leave tomorrow and drive to Gardner, MT and stay there overnight.
Thursday we will drive through Yellowstone and the Grande Tetons and south to Park City.
Matt and family are on a Disney Cruise to Mexico and will get home the same day we arrive.
I hope to have some nice scenery pictures but we only plan to stop at Yellowstone visitor
center to get our national parks passport stamped. We've done the tourist stuff before.

LastManStanding

Well, that didn’t happen… 😁

Today there will be a few household chores to do and will be packing for a trip to Park City.
Nancy decided we will leave tomorrow and drive to Gardner, MT and stay there overnight.
Thursday we will drive through Yellowstone and the Grande Tetons and south to Park City.
Matt and family are on a Disney Cruise to Mexico and will get home the same day we arrive.
I hope to have some nice scenery pictures but we only plan to stop at Yellowstone visitor
center to get our national parks passport stamped. We've done the tourist stuff before.
Waiting for the pictures.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I'm used to going into work most nights to a sh!tshow of short staffing.
That wasn't the case last night.
I had a very nice agency nurse helping me on the north side. What a relief.
Hopefully tomorrow night it's the same.

I may take my walk this afternoon since the weather is gorgeous. ☀️

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We drove almost 800 miles today and are at a Motel 8 in Gardiner, MT. It’s actually a pretty nice room. Once we got close to here we saw hundreds of elk and even elk in town. A lot of ranches have their own private Buffalo herds.

Yee- HAW! :giggle:

Have fun, John!

Lee

Johnny West

We did a drive from the north gate at Gardiner to the West gate at Madison, MT. We saw several big hot springs and steam vents but past on the drive to Old Faithful. We stopped in Madison for breakfast. From there we headed south to Utah. Traffic was not bad.

Ironman

🍺
We did a drive from the north gate at Gardiner to the West gate at Madison, MT. We saw several big hot springs and steam vents but past on the drive to Old Faithful. We stopped in Madison for breakfast. From there we headed south to Utah. Traffic was not bad.
Did you get any pics? Sounds like a fun trip.

Johnny West

Did you get any pics? Sounds like a fun trip.
We got a few. We were disappointed we couldn’t drive the length of the park. So many roads were still closed and no way to get to Tetons and Jackson Hole. Two or three days in the park would be ideal. We still had a good time.
I googled Gardiner and found it's a small community of 800+ people. Looks like a tourist destination.
it is with many small hotels. I’ve stayed at Super 8’s before, they are cheaper, and we didn’t need anything that posh. This was the nicest one I’ve been in. Madison, MT is a real tourist trap and destination for fly fishermen, kayakers, and float companies.

LastManStanding

2 days ago I came to Kandy from Galle. I usually have a checklist but this time I didn't check it. And I have left my ATM card, driving licence, headphones, and even that tiny pin that you need to change the SIM card. Wondering whether to go back or get it via a courier service. 😅 The trip takes about 7 hours at least on the bus. So it will be 14 hours if I go there. 🤣