Whats Everyone Drinking Tonight!?!?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I just drank more practice flights. Three different reds - one each from the US and France.
20221211_192559.jpg

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last night I had Windsor Reserve on the rocks.
Wife had Vodka and lemonaide.

Today we both had Mimosa's. (Asti Sumonte and pulp free OJ).

Also I have to share this one. It was fantastic.
Wife made up the recipe in a crock pot. It was so good. Then we added Baileys to it. WOW. Really good. Baileys give it a wee bit of a kick. Mmmmm good.

HotCh9colateRecipeB.JPG

Last edited:

Johnny West

Tell me about this. I think of Columbia Crest as primarily red wine. Prickly pear? What is this?
It’s a bubbly they made on a special run last summer. I think our friends Ann and Andy and us bought the last two boxes., so they said. We went to Goldendale and stayed at a B&B and hit a few wineries. Columbia Crest was one. It was prickly pear and key lime mix. The head wine maker is from France and oversees Columbia Crest, San Michele, and 14 Hands. Evidently San Michelle is moving operations to Columbia Crest. We drive past 14 Hands and Columbia Crest on our drive to Utah.

Johnny West

Not Zing Zang, but I do like that. This was Christie's New England Bloody Mary mix and was too bland. I should have gotten the "bold and spicy".

Lee
I bought two bottles and like it, especially the celery seeds in it. Nancy thinks it’s to salty so I get it all.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bought two bottles and like it, especially the celery seeds in it. Nancy thinks it’s to salty so I get it all.

Two bottles of which?

I had a Pickle Bloody at The Friendly Toast in Boston yesterday's breakfast! I LOVED it!

Will continue to look for pickle flavored vodka.

Lee
Pickle Bloody at Friendly Toast.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm only allowed to drink a couple of beers now that I have an ulcer and am on Omeprazole.
Yay!
I'm adhering to my doctor's advice.
Knew it anyway (the ulcer).
I'll be on an antibiotic too come Monday to try to heal it.

Stress is what caused it.
No surprise here 😐

IMG_20230224_193912163_HDR.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm only allowed to drink a couple of beers now that I have an ulcer and am on Omeprazole.
Yay!
I'm adhering to my doctor's advice.
Knew it anyway (the ulcer).
I'll be on an antibiotic too come Monday to try to heal it.

Stress is what caused it.
No surprise here 😐

View attachment 56297I'

I'm sorry to hear about your ulcer, Lora - no surprise with what you have to deal with. I've been on omeprazole for decades. Tried to get off of it once - got an ulcer. Doctor told me to keep taking it.

I usually have 2 vodka cocktails a night during the week. On weekends, I drink more than 2 beers.

I know, I'm rolling the dice.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm sorry to hear about your ulcer, Lora - no surprise with what you have to deal with. I've been on omeprazole for decades. Tried to get off of it once - got an ulcer. Doctor told me to keep taking it.

I usually have 2 vodka cocktails a night during the week. On weekends, I drink more than 2 beers.

I know, I'm rolling the dice.

Lee
It's not really a medication that should be taken long term.
4 weeks max because it can cause low B12, magnesium and a lot of other issues.
People buying it OTC don't realize that.
I'm going to attempt to change my diet somewhat and hope for the best.
My stress levels won't get better until I ... you know.. retire..😵‍💫

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's not really a medication that should be taken long term.
4 weeks max because it can cause low B12, magnesium and a lot of other issues.
People buying it OTC don't realize that.
Yeah, I know. And my doctors know. I wonder why they aren't concerned.

Lee