What's On The Plates - 25 September-- 1 October

Jusa

I should make a few BLTs this week. I hate to say it but I’m about sick of tomato’s right now. We cant give enough away to keep up. WAY over planted this year.
Jack’s frozen cheese and sausage tonight with melinda's red savina hot sauce.
When life gives you too many tomatoes, make bruschetta?

I also like roasting them with garlic and olive oil in the oven and then putting them into the food processor to puree. Then you can ziplock and freeze for a pasta sauce base.

Jusa

Thank you for the idea! I’m so SICK of canning, lol this sounds doable! :cool:
Been waiting on my food sealer machine but hubby's relative is busy with wedding arrangements. He's getting me one at wholesale price so I can wait. Meanwhile, ziplocks...and they don't take up too much space either.

Edited to add that a blender works fine if you don't have a food processor.

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Porchetta sliders, using leftover porchetta, with caramelized onions, roasted vege mayo, and gruyere cheese. Bacon horseradish potato salad for a side.

20220927_184731.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Porchetta sliders, using leftover porchetta, with caramelized onions, roasted vege mayo, and gruyere cheese. Bacon horseradish potato salad for a side.

View attachment 52997

With the threat of a hurricane looming, you put on such a delectable-looking dinner, Karen??? Incredible!

If I ever get to visit you and Craig, this is what I hope you'll make for me!!

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
With the threat of a hurricane looming, you put on such a delectable-looking dinner, Karen??? Incredible!

If I ever get to visit you and Craig, this is what I hope you'll make for me!!

Lee

I made the potato salad monday and did enough for 2 meals. The mayo was just sticking some onion, garlic and a tomato in to roast, already had roasted red bell, and then using food processor to blitz. Cooked onions while the veges roasted. Porchetta was leftover, so just had to be sliced. I probably spent 30 to 40 minutes active time.

We got lucky on the east coast. As above, we'll just get some wind and rain, with some tornado watches/warnings thrown in here and there.