What's For Dinner Sunday April 23 - Saturday 29?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Low country shrimp and grits, has andouille, bacon, yellow and red bells, onions, garlic, worchestershire, shrimp/chicken stock. The shrimp are seasoned with salt, cayenne, and lemon juice first thing and allowed to sit until the end. Grits were new to us. Grocery started carrying a new brand a while back, Ralston. The grits were purple, red and brown rice grits. I'm assuming the purple was actually black since the liquid turned the same color as when I cook black rice. They were okay, but I'd rather have hominy grits.
20230425_180941.jpg

Johnny West

Tonight was vegetarian night, again. The green beans were sautéed in avocado oil with mushrooms and shallots then topped wit blue cheese. My baked potato had butter, taco seasonings mixed with sour cream, and topped with shredded cheddar cheese. I had beet tops with balsamic vinegar on the side.

2B70D132-2E1A-44D1-9E68-4E766921CE14.jpeg
AB7AEC55-D8AF-4F26-BBA9-E0AB8E02E928.jpeg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We went out to one of our regular local places. It’s not fancy, but it’s reliable and good. Usually we have shrimp tacos, burgers, stuff like that. They have scallops on the menu, but until last week I’ve never tried them. I usually avoid things listed as ‘market price’, and most places overcook scallops.

The manager assured me they would be perfect or he would take them off the bill. At $38, I tried them last week. We’ve been back 2 more times and I keep ordering them - they are that good. Tonight, I had them again.

They were HUGE! Probably U6-U8. Diver scallops flown in daily. Perfection!
0FD97F64-CF1A-4BBD-9911-DA60088617F6.jpeg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Frozen bag of Bertolli chicken florentine with farfalle cooked on the stovetop. Garlic bread made with a small sub roll from the freezer and homemade garlic/ParmR butter.

The meal was okay for a frozen dinner. I will add grated parm and a little bit of chicken broth and cream next time.

Lazy cooking night.
20230426_175523.jpg

Embryodad

Tina was doing shopping in PA this morning, and picked up a rotisserie chicken.
N O T for me. The kids were here to eat, and I told them to knock themselves out eating it. It was too moist, and not a bit crispy. Just one look at the wet wings, and juice squirting as I cut it, ..... made me G A G.
Tina brought a salad she didn't eat at a diner; so, I ate that, along with two Krispy Kreme
doughnuts.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Tina made chicken soup from the leftover Sams Club rotisserie chicken we had the other day.
........ Greasy.......... !!!! Ready to Geeee Ayyyyyy Geeee
I made that same error a few years back... inedible !
Same if you use it for Chicken Salad...

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tina made chicken soup from the leftover Sams Club rotisserie chicken we had the other day.
........ Greasy.......... !!!! Ready to Geeee Ayyyyyy Geeee

LOL! Jimmy, I don't think I've ever known anyone to hate rotiss chicken!

Lee

Edit to say, oops, LT makes it two, LOL!

Embryodad

LOL! Jimmy, I don't think I've ever known anyone to hate rotiss chicken!

Lee

Edit to say, oops, LT makes it two, LOL!
I will eat it, but only cooked. Usually we throw it in the oven to finish the cooking to
crisp it up. The problem was..... the kids were coming for dinner, and there was not enough
time to wait for it to cook further. That turned into a $h!t show, and I caught the dark end of the stick.
If anything goes wrong in this house, I become their "Whippin Boy!"........