What We're Eating- Sunday October 16> Saturday 22

Jusa

We had ribeye steaks night before last, so steak bones went into the crockpot and I took the meat off the bones and removed the bones and put the tomatoes in yesterday. Today I am going to cook some Italian sausage, ground beef, mushrooms, onions, and garlic in and tomorrow night we will eat pasta with it. Tonight we are having steak sandwiches (Philly style with onions, peppers, mushrooms and provolone) with hummus and pita for an appetizer.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Nothing spectacular.
Progresso split pea and ham soup, deli tuna salad croissant sandwich.

20221018_161558.jpg

Embryodad

Well ..... here are a few pics .... Pork tenderloin with the stuffing and sliced cinnamon apples. Tina took the pick of her 1/2 bushel of applesauce. There I am in the background leading the operation. Then I helped process the jars in the boiling water bath.
At the same time, DD was prepping the pork ribs/. And what a ruckus with 3 in one kitchen.
It was like a hungry cat, dog, and a bird, in the same cage.
Tomorrow, we will can the other 1/2 bushel.....

IMG_2285 (1).jpg
IMG_2286 (1).jpg
IMG_3553.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Jimmy, the food looks great! I have a couple of questions: did the pork tenderloin have any sauce or glaze on top before it was cooked? Looked like red. And I've never seen pork spare ribs shrink back from the bone so far. How long were those cooked?

Lee

Embryodad

Jimmy, the food looks great! I have a couple of questions: did the pork tenderloin have any sauce or glaze on top before it was cooked? Looked like red. And I've never seen pork spare ribs shrink back from the bone so far. How long were those cooked?

Lee
Thanks Lee ..... as for the ribs, they were cooked by DD, and she used a rub I buy on line from The Mad Hunky
rubs and brine. He used to be on the old Cooking.com site ......
She cooked them in a 1/2 sheet pan covered tightly with foil 225 degrees F, for ~ 4 hours.
She was a 500 Pounder. Maybe she was too old? Poor thing.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thanks Lee ..... as for the ribs, they were cooked by DD, and she used a rub I buy on line from The Mad Hunky
rubs and brine. He used to be on the old Cooking.com site ......
She cooked them in a 1/2 sheet pan covered tightly with foil 225 degrees F, for ~ 4 hours.
She was a 500 Pounder. Maybe she was too old? Poor thing.
I remember him!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had leftovers from todays lunch at Drop Anchor in Long Beach, WA.
The halibut was an excellent choice.

today’s lunch was the deep fried oysters and clam chowder for an appy
and the halibut dinner for a main… there were five pieces of halibut!

View attachment 53485View attachment 53486

LOVE the appetizer! I would appetize my way through life if I could!

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone
The first time I’ve cooked in over two weeks! I was going to make blackened chicken with mango lime salsa, but when I cut into the mangoes, they were sour - not ripe. I needed a plan B since the chicken was defrosted.

A while ago I bought this jar of Truffle Carpaccio at Costco. Well, actually I bought 4 jars. So I made chicken with truffle cream sauce.

Sautéed the chicken breast. Set aside. Cooked up some sliced shallots - deglazed the pan with a splash of white wine. A little chicken stock, then added about 1/3 of the jar, oil included. A bit of heavy cream and a good squeeze of lemon finished it off. So good!

If you see this at Costco, you might want to grab a jar (or 4).
D2C88A80-324B-4847-A8D1-341CAC98B109.jpeg

Attachments

• 606158DD-BB91-46E2-BD1A-7DE50C16F4EE.jpeg
    606158DD-BB91-46E2-BD1A-7DE50C16F4EE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51