Johnny West

I did a small
IMG_8209.jpeg
pork roast and baked potato.

IMG_8208.jpeg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've got a bag of deluxe stir fry vegetables, I'll add shrimp.
Dinner in a snap.
The stir fry vegetable mix is very convenient for making this.
I also used the Great Value frozen medium shrimp.
I just heated the shrimp in some sesame oil, removed it from the pan, threw the vegetables in, stir fry for about 8 minutes, toss the shrimp back in, then I added some La Choy teriyaki sauce to heat.
Easy, very inexpensive to make and it makes enough for two- three meals I would say, as I have a lot leftover.
Instead of rice, I used cauliflower rice to serve it all over.
Less carb content and a whole lot of flavour.

IMG_20240208_153125690.jpg
IMG_20240208_152410131.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Well, it turned out to be deli fried chicken, mash and giblet gravy and delicious smoky flavoured green beans from one of my favourite little grocery stores in Archbold, Ohio.
I also did my weekly grocery shop there.
I'd asked my friend Collette if she would like to eat at The Barn restaurant, but she got called into work tonight (she's not happy).
I also bought an individual Paczki, chocolate cream filled. I'll have that tomorrow lol

IMG_20240209_150815929.jpg

Jusa

Well, it turned out to be deli fried chicken, mash and giblet gravy and delicious smoky flavoured green beans from one of my favourite little grocery stores in Archbold, Ohio.
I also did my weekly grocery shop there.
I'd asked my friend Collette if she would like to eat at The Barn restaurant, but she got called into work tonight (she's not happy).
I also bought an individual Paczki, chocolate cream filled. I'll have that tomorrow lol

View attachment 64570
I am a sucker for fried chicken. That looks as good as my grandma's was!

We have a "Barn" restaurant near me in Smithville, OH. I know you are talking about a different one though. I just Googled and apparently there is one down by Columbus, too (not the one you are talking about I am sure since you are in N Ohio and Archbold is over by Toledo)?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Archbold is between here and Toledo.
It's a farming community really.
The Barn is at Sauder Village.
I'm in Napoleon 😊

Jusa

Archbold is between here and Toledo.
It's a farming community really.
The Barn is at Sauder Village.
That's my kind of eatin'. Not that I don't like fine dining from time-to-time, but there's nothing like homestyle cooking!

lilbopeep

🌹 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner last night was fried chicken, Knorr's rice side dish, and peas.

Dinner tonight was homemade chicken soup over brown rice topped with freshly grated parmesan reggiano and pecorino romano.

I also made mini chocolate sour cream pound cakes today.

fried_chicken_020924_1_IMG_2376.jpg

mini_pound_cakes_021024_2_IMG_2383.jpg