What We're Eating Sunday February 4 - Saturday 10

Jusa

I have some skinless boneless chicken breasts in the refrigerator and I am going to make some homemade cheese sauce using heavy cream, half n half, Havarti, American, cheddar and gouda. I will season the chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper, then sear the chicken in my cast iron skillet, slice it up and put it on the bottom of a casserole dish and put cooked macaroni on top of that, then ladle the cheese sauce over. For the last 10 minutes of cooking I add cooked bacon, panko bread crumbs, and grated parmesan cheese for a topping. It's really good but so rich I will have to serve it with salad to balance it out.
We decided on green peas instead of salad.
20240205_233039.jpg

20240205_233053.jpg

Jusa

I've got a small Black Angus beef bone-in prime rib roast I bought the other day on sale for $6.99 lb. It's 3 lbs. I have it marinading in Dale's marinade (soy based steak marinade) right now. I plan on cooking it low and slow and then firing it up at the end on a low broil to medium rare. Serving mashed potatoes with gravy and peas with it I think. Oh, DH just suggested my mashed potato casserole, which is cheesy mashed potatoes with sour cream, cheese, and bacon, topped with diced green onion just before serving. Sounds like a plan!

Jusa

Blackened chicken salad tonight with parmesan crisps and toasted pepitas with sliced radishes and green onion. G. Hughes brand sugar free balsamic dressing ☺️View attachment 64496
Ooh I love pamesan crisps, do you make your own? Recipe if so please?

I also love pepitas. When our kids were living at home and we carved pumpkins we toasted them ourselves. Now I buy them. Sounds/looks great!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Ooh I love pamesan crisps, do you make your own? Recipe if so please?

I also love pepitas. When our kids were living at home and we carved pumpkins we toasted them ourselves. Now I buy them. Sounds/looks great!
Thank you!
I use 1 Tbsp Fresh grated Parmesan onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Bake 400⁰ 3-4 minutes or until fully melted. Take out and let cool.