What is Your Weather?

Embryodad

Moms!
gotta :heart: the Moms. & the others. they use the same lines generation after generation.

my Grandma- 'use that listerine 'er u'll get gingivitis!'
Pap- 'u have that breakfast, 'er ur hair won't get curly!'
Dad- 'to ur room, now!' (there was that 'if u don't quit that whining,' deal) then i'd return to my room when he got tired of my whining 'bout being stuck in my room.
Mom- 'u wait. i'm calling ur Dad & then he can deal w/ this insolent behavior. i'm packing my stuff & getting a place in california tonite.'
Oh they were so funny!

Soon as it snowed...get out there, and shovel so the mailman could get through!
( Why didn't he just use his boots? )

Don't shake yer legs under the table while you eat, cause "God will Cry, and The Devil Will Laugh!".... and you won't go to heaven!

The best one was,"If you don't eat your vegetables, I'll have to give you an Enema!"
OMG...We hated Enema's! That was a super threat! hahahaha, My Brother would say,"Which one Ma?" ... The baby one? Or the Big Bag One wit the hose?"

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
The wind pulled a couple of nails up on the roof. The guy is up there breaking up the ice and then will patch with tar. We should be set for the next wet weather.

Embryodad

The wind pulled a couple of nails up on the roof. The guy is up there breaking up the ice and then will patch with tar. We should be set for the next wet weather.
Oh Gosh peeps.... I went through that B/S for like three years until we had enough to finally put on a new roof.
No more shingles and tar....I said!

I had a metal roof installed; right over the original roof. Guaranteed for 50 years!

Here is the roof (style and color) that I put on the house. Not My House As Shown! I wish though! hahahahahaha

My house, is the Only House with this metal roof in the whole developement. Ordered the exact size panels, and DD's X installed it. No Muss...No Fuss!

It cost me $1,650.00 ... from the PA Allentown Supply Delivered to my driveway. It took Mikey 3 days to affix it over the existing roof.

home-slider-full-2_zps674e2293.jpg

Embryodad

Friday.. Dec 28..2012 2:25 PM

Nice out. Sunny...32º ... Warm in the sun...cold as ice in the shade!

Wishing for S N O W Tomorrow!... :yum:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Friday.. Dec 28..2012 2:25 PM

Nice out. Sunny...32º ... Warm in the sun...cold as ice in the shade!

Wishing for S N O W Tomorrow!... :yum:
Come up here and your wish will be granted. 2-4" more tomorrow to stack on top the 14 we have already. Found out the new Suzuki does not sit high enough for it to run through this much snow. I locked out the traction control and backed it out without having to pull it. Got things cleared pretty good around here. Amish kids came and asked if they could sled on my lane. They had "school" today and it turned into an afternoon of sledding and building igloos.:clap:

Embryodad

Warm out! Tuesday 08 Jan 2013

It just hit 41º out...Nice only because I gotta service DW's car and do an oil change. The sun is in and out, and a little breezy, but we gotta do what we gotta do while the sun shines.

I noticed it is staying light out longer, and I guess when we get past February, winter, (severe) will be basically over. As far as C O L D is concerned.

Well....it's 1:00 oclock...better get my butt outside.
Supposed to be warmer tomorrow (44) and Thursday (46). Friday rain / sleet?

Leni

That's warm? Not here! Right now it is 61 degrees and sunny with a mild breeze.

My 13 year old cat got into a fight last night. He's not acting normal so it's a trip to the vet. I was planning a trip to the veggie garden. Got spinach to pick.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
We broke 40 today going to 48-50 by Thursday with some rain. Glad we got the log pile cut over the past 2 days. Paid an Amish guy to saw it while I hauled it with the skid steer. The ruts were froze this morning so hard I had to fill them in with snow as it was rocking the skidsteer bad. Was 11F when I picked him up this morning.

Attachments

• wood 001.jpg
    wood 001.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 93

Leni

We're getting a blast of Artic air for the next couple of days. It is snowing in the mountains and the Grape Vine was closed for several hours. That is the main highway between Los Angeles and the Central Valley on the way to Sacramento. The highest it got here today was 54 and it supposed to go down to 38 tonight. The mountain areas and some of the valleys will go below freezing. Thr snow level is below 2,000 feet. My son lives in Frazier Park just off the Grape Vine. He called me a few minutes ago to tell me that he is snowed in.

Of course all of the flat landers are very happy. They'll all pile into their cars and head up there this weekend. Naturally they will also leave their trash all over the place.

:letitsnow:

PanchoHambre

warmer and sunnier than it's been which was nice - looks like a nice weekend and looks like I will have to work :( but at least it may be nice enough to bike there and if i do I can stop at Moore Bros and get some nice wine!

Embryodad

Friday... 01/11/13
Warm out ( 37º ) at 11:00 am
they are calling for rain in the afternoon till night 60% chance.
It's cloudy and raw out, but not what the temps should be as a normal.

Tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be warm. Like 50º's or so. Weird? You bet!
Today Mommy is in PA at my cousins. She's gonna shop ( Using up gift cards ), and then cook ( Show Cousin), how to make "Susans Meatballs"! hahaha....and "BBQ'd Hot dogs".....NICE!.....

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
We warmed up as the night went on. Up to 44 right now and so foggy I can barely see the greenhouses. Going to be 50's today and tomorrow. For a change we are warmer than Leni and other California folks.

Embryodad

Sat....11:00 .. and 40º already. Cloudy and dreary out with no sun in sight!

I don't think it will make it over 46º today, but they say possibly 52º. We shall see!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
The sun keeps trying to peek through the clouds. It's 77° here! I've got all of the windows open and I'm Lovin' it!

Leni

It is clear with a breeze today. Right now at 11:30 it is 50 degrees. I plan to be a couch potato today and tomorrow to watch the football games. I'll get a lot of knitting done.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
We have another dense fog warning for tomorrow till noon. This moist warm air rolling in over the snow pack is the culprit.

Embryodad

We have another dense fog warning for tomorrow till noon. This moist warm air rolling in over the snow pack is the culprit.
Here too M m

No snow except on the north exposures a little, but the air is warm coming in and moist!

Tina was driving home in the Poconos last night on 380, and had to exit onto old 611 and through the back roads because it was foggy, and moreso the traffic was flying by like 75 mph!

Leni

Tina was driving home in the Poconos last night on 380, and had to exit onto old 611 and through the back roads because it was foggy, and more so the traffic was flying by like 75 mph!

That's how those 50 car pile ups happen. Idiots!

Embryodad

Tina was driving home in the Poconos last night on 380, and had to exit onto old 611 and through the back roads because it was foggy, and more so the traffic was flying by like 75 mph!

That's how those 50 car pile ups happen. Idiots!
Yep! .... Way too fast. Daytime / no fog / no problem doing 75 in 65, but it's always the idiots that don't take heed.

Embryodad

Well...the weather channel was wrong again.
They called for 53º and it only made it to 45º at the present at 5:00 PM.
It's drizzling too which wasn't forcast yesterday.

Just finished up cleaning and servicing the pellet stove. LOL.... I use the leaf blower to blow out the soot from the 3" flue pipe, and it was funny, the rubber adapter on the nozzle end fell off, and blew soot all over the stove area.

Tina was sleeping on the couch, and she didn't even know it happened.
I vacuumed all the area and the one chair carefully and I did a good job.
It was funny when Tina woke up, and I said to her, "Hon, do me a favor, blow your nose I think there may be soot in your nose!"

She did, and she couldn't believe what the heck and how the heck it got there!"
Haaaaaaaa..... I didn't tell her what happened.
I laugh to myself now!

Hey, I say< "You Snooze...You Lose!" LOL

Leni

BRRRRRR! It is cold today for SoCal. Right now it is 45 degrees with a wind out of the north at 20 to 30 MPH.

They had to close one of the canyon roads between the Valley and the City because a sprinkler was on last night. It created a sheet of ice that led to a 6 car accident. There is ice on other roads as well. So we are slipping and sliding.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We've been in the 60's the past few days. Awesome.

I guess things will get more back to normal later this week when highs will be upper 30's. Dang it.

Embryodad

Monday / 01/14/13... 4:15PM .... 48º and breezy and cloudy!

The sun was out for 1 hour off and on, and now it looks like a storm is a brewing.

Embryodad

It's now raining out....supposed to have some sleet mixed in by morning later.

Raw and damp out, and Tina is having a Hot Flash in the livingroom.

I'm chilly, and she's warm. Go figure? LOL

PanchoHambre

UGH - I know manty of you live in actual harsh climates and the mid-atlantic is hardly extreme but I NEED SOME SUNSHINE! dreary, dark, wet UGH Philly is Dickensian enough on a bright spring day -

Embryodad

UGH - I know manty of you live in actual harsh climates and the mid-atlantic is hardly extreme but I NEED SOME SUNSHINE! dreary, dark, wet UGH Philly is Dickensian enough on a bright spring day -
Looks like you may get 2 - 4 inches of the white stuff tomorrow.

Supposed to be cool and partly sunny here tomorrow, but DW is gonna be in Atlantic County, NJ tomorrow at her Uncles! They are supposed to get that moisture coming up from the south in the form of snow Early afternoon.

That'll give her a good excuse to leave early after she does her cleaning and washing his clothes etc.
She don't care about the driving in the snow ( Tough NE-PA Go in Snow girl )...but she's picking up her other 90 Y/O aunt and uncle from Orange, NJ for the visit too! ....

Leni

It's a beautiful sunny day here with temps in the 70's. This is also the anniversary of the Northridge Earthquake. It's a good thing that it happened when most people were still in bed.