What are you eating Sunday, June 4th through Saturday, June 10th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Grilled top Sirloin
Air Fries
Peas & Carrots

Sirlion, Grilled 6-4-23.JPG

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Company for dinner tonight. Last time I bought a whole beef tenderloin, I froze the butt end for a small roast. Tonight I cooked it in the steam oven to 125F, then seared it off in a skillet. Deglazed with red wine and added the usual suspects for a rich mushroom sauce. Roasted blend of cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and baby carrots. Served with a J Lohr California cabernet sauvignon.
20230604_182342.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Company for dinner tonight. Last time I bought a whole beef tenderloin, I froze the butt end for a small roast. Tonight I cooked it in the steam oven to 125F, then seared it off in a skillet. Deglazed with red wine and added the usual suspects for a rich mushroom sauce. Roasted blend of cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and baby carrots. Served with a J Lohr California cabernet sauvignon.
View attachment 58596

Perfect!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
DD #1 brought the ingredients and we cooked together. Last night's dinner was,
Homemade - wontons for soup (red pork strips (homemade), baby bok choy, scallions, sesame seeds, hot chili oil, and mushrooms) and fried wontons (2 dipping sauces not pictured), and fried rice (onion, carrot, red pork cubes (homemade), soybean sprouts, soy sauce, scallions, and egg).

wonton_soup_060423_IMG_1093.jpg

fried_wontons_fried_rice_060423_IMG_1090.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had to go to Miami for an errand today so stopped for lunch on the way home. I had a Get Smashed burger, which is 2 smashed burger patties, caramelized onions, English white cheddar, and a sauce that included sriracha on a pretzel bun. Craig had a Bourbon Cowboy burger, which is 2 Angus patties, Bourbon based BBQ sauce, bacon, onion straws, and yellow cheddar. I had a soda and he had a root beer. Got a surprise when she delivered the root beer. He really liked it. No burger pics.
20230606_130456.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We had to go to Miami for an errand today so stopped for lunch on the way home. I had a Get Smashed burger, which is 2 smashed burger patties, caramelized onions, English white cheddar, and a sauce that included sriracha on a pretzel bun. Craig had a Bourbon Cowboy burger, which is 2 Angus patties, Bourbon based BBQ sauce, bacon, onion straws, and yellow cheddar. I had a soda and he had a root beer. Got a surprise when she delivered the root beer. He really liked it. No burger pics.View attachment 58610
I would have had a devil of a time choosing between those two burgers! I'd want half of each!

Lee

Embryodad

Meatloaf. Tried corn again - better, but it's got a way to go. Heirloom tomato/feta was excellent.

LeeView attachment 58611
I've got 4 ears of leftover corn that has to be eaten. It was already cooked; so I thought I would reheat it with a little sugar in the boiling water. Just a smidge of sweet.
Years ago; growing up, I remember we would ask, "Hey mom, what's for supper?" .....and she
would say, "Corn on the cob!"..... "And, that was it" ..... C O R N . Period.
Mom would set out the tub of oleomargarine, and she would spread it really thick on a heel of bread, and then we would roll our corn around on the bread to butter the corn easily.
Simple, but good. Then mom would say, "Now chew it good, or it'll get stuck in your guts!"

Johnny West

I've got 4 ears of leftover corn that has to be eaten. It was already cooked; so I thought I would reheat it with a little sugar in the boiling water. Just a smidge of sweet.
Years ago; growing up, I remember we would ask, "Hey mom, what's for supper?" .....and she
would say, "Corn on the cob!"..... "And, that was it" ..... C O R N . Period.
Mom would set out the tub of oleomargarine, and she would spread it really thick on a heel of bread, and then we would roll our corn around on the bread to butter the corn easily.
Simple, but good. Then mom would say, "Now chew it good, or it'll get stuck in your guts!"
Us, too, and when green beans were on it was just green beans and bacon, but we had a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.