What are you eating Sunday, June 4th through Saturday, June 10th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embryodad

Cheese burgers tonight. I will pan fry them inside, due to the smokey atmosphere today from the Canadian fires. Tina picked up a package of those little fillable cakes and whipped cream, so we can have them with strawberries for dessert.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Pretty good.
IMG_20230607_164839545.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
First a mini-rant ... What in the world has happened to Banquet Frozen Entree's ??
They were my go-to bachelor dinners back in the stoned age.... had three this week.......
SAD ! But I have three more for the week of the next surgery, and they will have to get eaten , Sigh !

Oh, and I saw Eggs for $1.05 today at ALDI ...

Spaghetti & Pork Meat Balls ...

Spaghetti & Meat Balls 6-7-23.JPG

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
First a mini-rant ... What in the world has happened to Banquet Frozen Entree's ??
They were my go-to bachelor dinners back in the stoned age.... had three this week.......
SAD ! But I have three more for the week of the next surgery, and they will have to get eaten , Sigh !

View attachment 58626

LT, I don't understand your rant. Are the Banquet meals not good any more? Too small?

Your dinner looks good to me!

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter

View attachment 58626
Welcome back LT!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Pan fried the chicken breasts in evoo, steamed broccoli, cucumber bites with cream cheese and everything bagel seasoning.
Also made a chopped southwest salad from a kit, with chipotle dressing.
I'll use the other chicken breast tomorrow, thinly sliced- tossed in the rest of the salad, for lunch.

IMG_20230608_155921840.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Pan fried the chicken breasts in evoo, steamed broccoli, cucumber bites with cream cheese and everything bagel seasoning.
Also made a chopped southwest salad from a kit, with chipotle dressing.
I'll use the other chicken breast tomorrow, thinly sliced- tossed in the rest of the salad, for lunch.

View attachment 58648

Love those salad kits! I just finished a Dill Pickle kit - excellent! And throwing in all kinds of leftovers just makes them better!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
LT, I don't understand your rant. Are the Banquet meals not good any more? Too small?

Your dinner looks good to me!

Lee
Yes, Lee ... Three nugget-sized chicken pieces, and about a cup of sticky rice, dressed with something resembling Sweet / Sour Sauce.... Wouldn't be enough to feed the Warden, let alone me ! ... the dinner wasn't Banquet, lol !

Embryodad

I had a sliced eggs on Dave's Bread with mayo. Tina had egg salad on whole wheat super
thin sliced bread. We nibbled on pickles, and I crunched on green onions after and in between bites of my sandwich. Tina said to me, "Boy Oh Boy Honey, I see you really enjoyed that sandwich!"
I replied, How can you tell?" ......She said," From all that mayonnaise sitting on your chin, and stuffed
in your left nostril!" ........

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Nicoise salad. Tonnino jarred tuna filets at 12 o'clock, then clockwise grape tomatoes, French green beans, HB eggs, nicoise olives (I pitted them), potatoes tossed with white wine while hot, and sliced radish. Dressing was fresh thyme, white wine vinegar, S&P, Dijon mustard, a tiny bit of sugar, EVOO mixed with a bit of vegetable oil and some oil from the tuna jar, and the juice from the tomatoes that collected after seasoning them.
20230609_180426.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nicoise salad. Tonnino jarred tuna filets at 12 o'clock, then clockwise grape tomatoes, French green beans, HB eggs, nicoise olives (I pitted them), potatoes tossed with white wine while hot, and sliced radish. Dressing was fresh thyme, white wine vinegar, S&P, Dijon mustard, a tiny bit of sugar, EVOO mixed with a bit of vegetable oil and some oil from the tuna jar, and the juice from the tomatoes that collected after seasoning them.View attachment 58669

Absolutely lovely! Tonno is my favorite, and I would have liked more on the plate!

Lee

Embryodad

I bought this albacore tuna, packed in olive oil.
Genova.
It's delicious! It's not like others in that it's overly soaked in the oil and it's very meaty in texture.
Only thing different I did per the recipe is no lemon zest.
Simple and very good.

View attachment 58666
Pasta al tonno Is a favorite in this household. Genova brand tuna, I could remember it as a kid.
The grams and mostly all the Italians Aunts and cousins, always bought that brand, and the spaghetti and macaroni was always Conte Luna brand, until it was not in business anymore. We then switched to San Giorgio brand pasta's. Now it's Barilla brand. My great Grandmom was a Barilla until she was married. That's not the reason we buy Barilla; because we buy it for the taste and texture.
athe only difference in the recipe I'm used to, is I mince the garlic; brown 1/2 cup of bread crumbs on low heat, and then add the garlic. I add the oil and tuna, and save the pasta water to add to the tuna and crumbs so it's not too dry. Just a little at the time...... I serve it up with wedges of lemons, to sprinkle onto the pasta / tuna plate as it is eaten. ..... I'm gettin hungry just thinking of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.