What are you eating > Sunday 9/18/2022 to Saturday 9/24/2022?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just finished my tea and started on coffee, lol. It's only about 1 pm here!

I posted hubby's breakfast in the breakfast thread but I'll put it here, too, along with more details.

When I buy fresh pineapple, I cut it up into chunks when it's perfectly ripened. We munch on it for a few days but it's usually too much for 2 people to eat, so I freeze the rest.

This morning I thawed out 6 chunks and pureed it in my food processor, then used the puree along with buttermilk, 1 egg, vanilla extract, and self rising flour for my pancake batter.

I topped hubby's stack with vanilla Greek yogurt, sliced banana, and honey. I'll eat a short stack around 2, lol.

Hubby's breakfast:
View attachment 52796

Wow, that looks wonderful! And creative!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
This is InnovAsian sesame chicken, with Riceland rice and fresh snow peas.
This is the second time I've made this.
Love it.

20220920_162210.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Left over special- A little garden tomato, that didn't fit in the last jar-
Rice left over, Skirt Steak left over, Mixed Frozen Veggies. Celery, Potato,
OH OH 2 starches. 1/2 Can Campbell's French Onion. & a Jalapeno.
It actually taste pretty good. LOL- I even found a shrimp in there.

leftover special 92022.jpg

Jusa

Hi Jusa- Welcome to NCT- You have some
very good pictures.
Thanks man!
Left over special- A little garden tomato, that didn't fit in the last jar-
Rice left over, Skirt Steak left over, Mixed Frozen Veggies. Celery, Potato,
OH OH 2 starches. 1/2 Can Campbell's French Onion. & a Jalapeno.
It actually taste pretty good. LOL- I even found a shrimp in there.

View attachment 52811
I love it when people utilize leftovers in a good way. I throw stuff together often myself. Lots of that you'll never see, 😆.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Tummy has been feeling lousy for several days. Not sure what my dinner will be. Hub will have leftover stuffed shells.

Jusa

I have been throwing away too much food as well. I bought a food sealer last week,
I haven't played with it yet. My daughter is Celiac, I think it might be good for her too.
My husband's cousin was supposed to get me a food sealer machine from his friend who owns a kitchen supply store this past week but I know he has been busy, he's getting married in a few weeks so I am not pressuring him about it.

I am sorry your daughter has celiac, that's really tough going. I have a friend who's husband is celiac and he didn't even get diagnosed until he was in his 40s so he went through lots of misery for years. I think he might have just been gluten sensitive before that and then it got worse as he aged. I have an acquaintance in Finland who has gluten sensitivity and she has experimented with a lot of gluten free flour for baking (tapioca flour, rice flour, buckwheat flour, etc.) and has had some good results. There are tons of great recipes out there using alternative flours for baking these days, and thankfully market trends have made it easier for people with celiac over the past decade.

Ironman

🍺
I am sorry your daughter has celiac, that's really tough going. I have a friend who's husband is celiac and he didn't even get diagnosed until he was in his 40s so he went through lots of misery for years. I think he might have just been gluten sensitive before that and then it got worse as he aged. I have an acquaintance in Finland who has gluten sensitivity and she has experimented with a lot of gluten free flour for baking (tapioca flour, rice flour, buckwheat flour, etc.) and has had some good results. There are tons of great recipes out there using alternative flours for baking these days, and thankfully market trends have made it easier for people with celiac over the past decade.

Do you think it would be a good resource to have a gluten-free forum here, Jusa? Maybe even a sub-forum under healthy eating?

Jusa

Do you think it would be a good resource to have a gluten-free forum here, Jusa? Maybe even a sub-forum under healthy eating?
It likely would. I wouldn't need it personally, but I understand it and am not averse to it. I think it might attract some people who have those issues, however, and I have some gluten free recipes I would be happy to contribute.

I wanted to add that I recently brought over a few of my original recipes from another cooking forum and I would be happy to post one of my gluten-free favorites.

Jusa

Just transferred it.

Ironman

🍺
It likely would. I wouldn't need it personally, but I understand it and am not averse to it. I think it might attract some people who have those issues, however, and I have some gluten free recipes I would be happy to contribute.

I wanted to add that I recently brought over a few of my original recipes from another cooking forum and I would be happy to post one of my gluten-free favorites.
I am hearing about more ppl nowadays dealing with that.
Maybe @Doc can make your idea happen. :mrgreen: He’s cool like that 😉

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
DD wants fried chicken strips, mashed and veggie. Maybe creamed corn for veggie and chicken gravy.