What are you eating > Sunday 9/18/2022 to Saturday 9/24/2022?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Went food shopping to one store. I am going to go to Stew Leonard’s for short ribs ($5.99/lb.) and then to pork store for smoked pork chops.
Right now I’m parked waiting for DD’s to check out the fall festival at the county park. No parking close enough for me so I’m stuck waiting in the car. 🙁

Dinner may be stuffed shells, broccoli rabe and garlic bread. But that’s not set in stone.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Red Meat Sunday !
Beef Tenderloin, Pan-Seared and
finished in the Air Fryer (400 /8 Min.)
Teriyaki Rice,
Succotash with Bacon...

Beef Tenderloin 9-18-22.JPG

Jusa

I love Carrabba's!
So tonight's Carrabba's experience was really, really good. We had outdoor patio seating and there were only 2 other tables out there, which was nice--beautiful weather with temps around 76 degrees at sunset.

We started out with a bottle of Gabbiano chianti for $35 (which yeah, probably costs about $10 retail) which was quite good, actually. Our server Alicia gave us the usual bread and herb seasoned olive oil for dipping. I ordered the chicken trio, which is what I always get. It's a dish with 3 chicken breasts prepared in different ways: chicken marsala (mushrooms and Lombardo Marsala wine sauce), chicken Bryan (goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil and lemon butter sauce), and chicken Rosa Maria (stuffed with fontina, prosciutto, topped with mushrooms and basil lemon butter sauce). The chicken entrees are wood-grilled and oh-so flavorful. I have had some Marsala dishes at fine dining restaurants that aren't as good as theirs. The chicken trio comes with a side of pasta (I got a big pile of spaghetti with a cream/parmesan sauce that is similar to a light Alfredo) and I chose a mixed greens salad with creamy parmesan dressing.

Hubby got the Johnny's trio: Sirloin steak (medium-rare with the Lombardo Marsala and mushrooms), chicken Bryan, and nice, plump ravioli in a light tomato cream sauce (he got the Caesar salad). So normally my husband is finicky about his steak and only likes ribeyes or filet mignon, but he said that this sirloin was top-notch: cooked perfectly and oh-so tender, with no gristle. I've been trying to get him to take a bite of my chicken Bryan for years and he held out before...I think he is a changed man :)

So we couldn't finish our entrees and got to-go boxes. Our server gave us extra bread and olive oil packets with some little plastic ramekins with the dried herb seasonings in our bag.

The kicker: our server told us that they are running a special where we could take each take a menu item home for only $10, which again includes the salad, bread, and pasta side. For $10!! We didn't even have to get the same entree but we both liked them so much that we did a repeat of dinner for our take-home items. Each of our entrees were originally menu priced at $25.99, so that was a no-brainer for me. And then she loaded us up with more bread, oil, and dried herb seasoning mixture with that, too. I got hubby's extra steak item rare so that when it's reheated it will be perfect.

Oh, and I bought that $100 certificate which I used at dinner tonight back in March on discount where I only paid $85 for it. Total bill for everything was $116.59 and I tipped Alicia $35, so I feel as if we got a really great value and took pretty good care of her as well. My taste buds and belly are doing a happy dance :clap::eat1::clap:

Alicia said they are running the special for several more weeks, so if any of you get a chance to get to Carrabba's you should do it!

Here's the menu:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Well, DD is here ,she loves to cook for me. I guess she doesn't
trust me with a knife any more, Anyhow- Outside skirt steak,
was great. chopped veggies were great.
(Nothing wrong with my frozen ones LOL) Johnny Walker Black, & Ice
Enjoyable too!
Crystal is always welcome to cook for me.

steak 91822.jpg

Last edited:

Jusa

Whomever moved my post to the correct thread, thank you!

I repurposed hubby's leftover steak from dinner into his breakfast by toasting half of a brioche bun, then thinly slicing the steak and putting it on top of the bun. I put that in the toaster oven on low to warm, but briefly so the steak stayed pink. I fried 2 eggs over easy and placed them on top of the steak, then warmed the leftover butter sauce with mushrooms and drizzled that on top. He is eating it right now and says it's outstanding!

20220919_121125.jpg
20220919_121637.jpg
20220919_121722.jpg

Embryodad

We tried this new popcorn chicken, ( frozen ), and It was crispy from the toaster oven, but I grabbed a larger piece, and one bite, and the damn thing squirted out juice, and was rubbery. :popcorn:
NOT for me anymore. Uh Uh !! ........
Good thing I heated up some bow ties pasta that was in the fridge as a leftover from the other day. I filled up on that. The only popcorn chicken I like, is KFC's ..... ,and it is crispy and crunchy.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner will be leftovers or homemade soup (lentil and rice or split pea and ham). TBDL

Jusa

I just finished my tea and started on coffee, lol. It's only about 1 pm here!

I posted hubby's breakfast in the breakfast thread but I'll put it here, too, along with more details.

When I buy fresh pineapple, I cut it up into chunks when it's perfectly ripened. We munch on it for a few days but it's usually too much for 2 people to eat, so I freeze the rest.

This morning I thawed out 6 chunks and pureed it in my food processor, then used the puree along with buttermilk, 1 egg, vanilla extract, and self rising flour for my pancake batter.

I topped hubby's stack with vanilla Greek yogurt, sliced banana, and honey. I'll eat a short stack around 2, lol.

Hubby's breakfast:
20220920_125412.jpg