What are you eating Sunday 8/11/24 to Saturday 8/17/24?

Embryodad

Tina cooked today.... Eggplant Breaded and fried nice and crispy.
She also made meatballs with cubed eggplant mixed into the meat.

img_5714.jpg

Embryodad

Had manicotti today. Stuffed with ricotta and mozzarella cheese. I ate way too much, and especially after eating the cake Tina made, with butter cream icing. I had only a small slice, so now I am pondering whether to have a slice for a bedtime snack? .....

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday, my friend, Lynne from Florida, and I went for an overnight to our friends, Jan and Ann's house. Jan had wanted to try making pizzas on her gas grill, cranking the heat up very high, heating the pizza stone.

So we bought a ton of various toppings and got to work on Jan's doughs (some flour, some semolina), making 4 or 5 small pizzas.

The first was a pepperoni - got a bit burned, no photo.

Lynne's choice was cheddar and colby cheeses and proscuitto.

prosciutto.jpg

Jan made Portuguese chorico and sauce, semolina dough.
Chorico.jpg

Mine was a fine dice of hard salami, proscuitto, tomato, and pepperoncini (copying my favorite at a local restaurant)

621.jpg

I think there was another one, too?? We were too full to eat more and a slice or two of each. But it was fun!

Jan, the dough master

Jan and pizza.jpg

Lynne

Lynne and pizza.jpg

We had a blast! Played Trivial Pursuit and whist. And, as is tradition, Ann made strawberry shortcake for breakfast! Delicious!

shortcake.jpg

Johnny West

Yesterday, my friend, Lynne from Florida, and I went for an overnight to our friends, Jan and Ann's house. Jan had wanted to try making pizzas on her gas grill, cranking the heat up very high, heating the pizza stone.

So we bought a ton of various toppings and got to work on Jan's doughs (some flour, some semolina), making 4 or 5 small pizzas.

View attachment 69126

View attachment 69127

Mine was a fine dice of hard salami, proscuitto, tomato, and pepperoncini (copying my favorite at a local restaurant)

View attachment 69128

I think there was another one, too?? We were too full to eat more and a slice or two of each. But it was fun!

Jan, the dough master

View attachment 69129

Lynne

View attachment 69130

We had a blast! Played Trivial Pursuit and whist. And, as is tradition, Ann made strawberry shortcake for breakfast! Delicious!

View attachment 69131
I used to be a good whist player But haven’t played since the 60’s… canasta, too.

Johnny West

View attachment 69126

View attachment 69127

View attachment 69128

Jan, the dough master

View attachment 69129

Lynne

View attachment 69130

View attachment 69131
I have a pizza attachment for my Weber grill and should use it or at least experiment with some simple pies.

SilverSage

Resident Crone

View attachment 69126

View attachment 69127

View attachment 69128

Jan, the dough master

View attachment 69129

Lynne

View attachment 69130

View attachment 69131
Those look great! It makes me want to uncover the pizza oven.