What are you eating Sunday 6/23/2024 to Saturday 6/29/2024?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Still had a hankering for Beef and Broccoli so I made it tonight, using Peep's recipe as a guide https://netcookingtalk.com/forums/threads/peeps-beef-and-broccoli-stir-fry.17417/

MUCH better! I used a couple of cube steaks I had in the freezer.

Wish the photo was better.

Lee

Beef.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Spinach and herb tortilla wrap , stuffed with kale salad, thin sliced chicken and gouda.
This was delicious and filling.

I also love the chips!
That's a new line of products (bettergoods) introduced at Walmart recently. Everything I've had so far is excellent quality, including their cheese blends and almond milk.

1000019565.jpg
1000019569.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Spinach and herb tortilla wrap , stuffed with kale salad, thin sliced chicken and gouda.
This was delicious and filling.

I also love the chips!
That's a new line of products (bettergoods) introduced at Walmart recently. Everything I've had so far is excellent quality, including their cheese blends and almond milk.

View attachment 67881View attachment 67882

Wow, Lora, that wrap looks professional!

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone
So I usually don’t take pictures of my restaurant food. I just show the stuff I actually make. But o few days ago Lee asked if I took pics of a pizza, and I gave it some thought. I guess if it’s something special, it’s worth sharing. So tonight I took pictures of my birthday dinner.

We went to a brand new restaurant in town called Taverna Toscana. Started with a mushroom pizza with truffle cream and crispy rosemary. It could have been a meal for two of us. Outstanding! We each ate one piece, then asked to have it boxed up.

My entree was a fruit de mer on squid ink pasta. Very good. Of course, I picked out all the cherry tomatoes (I hate warm bursted cherry tomatoes), but the rest was excellent.

Judy had a short rib ragu over pasta. She loved it, but it’s something I make occasionally and I like mine better. She didn’t remember that I had ever made it before (the story of our lives lately).

We shared a tiramisu for dessert, along with her coffee and my caramel espresso martini.

IMG_3756.jpeg
IMG_3757.jpeg
IMG_3759.jpeg
IMG_3759.jpeg
IMG_3762.jpeg
IMG_3764.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3760.jpeg
    IMG_3760.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So I usually don’t take pictures of my restaurant food. I just show the stuff I actually make. But o few days ago Lee asked if I took pics of a pizza, and I gave it some thought. I guess if it’s something special, it’s worth sharing. So tonight I took pictures of my birthday dinner.

We went to a brand new restaurant in town called Taverna Toscana. Started with a mushroom pizza with truffle cream and crispy rosemary. It could have been a meal for two of us. Outstanding! We each ate one piece, then asked to have it boxed up.

My entree was a fruit de mer on squid ink pasta. Very good. Of course, I picked out all the cherry tomatoes (I hate warm bursted cherry tomatoes), but the rest was excellent.

Judy had a short rib ragu over pasta. She loved it, but it’s something I make occasionally and I like mine better. She didn’t remember that I had ever made it before (the story of our lives lately).

We shared a tiramisu for dessert, along with her coffee and my caramel espresso martini.

View attachment 67886View attachment 67887View attachment 67888View attachment 67888View attachment 67890View attachment 67891

Wowwwww! I would have been fine with just that wonderful pizza! Glad you got a chance to have a nice dinner night out on your birthday!

Lee

Ginny

I'm working on dinner. Dinner should be...chicken breasts, mashed taters, roasted brussels sprouts, cranberry apple chutney and rosemary gravy. It sounds complicated, but it really isn't. It reminds me of thanksgiving...and I would have this meal on Thanksgiving or any day!

Ginny

That gravy sounds really interesting, Ginny! Please post the recipe when you get a chance.

Lee
It is super easy. I make a "double" recipe of it, and that's what I've posted below. If you have a skillet that you've just used to cook your chicken, so much the better, but not mandatory. Recipe calls for rosemary (duh!), but I can imagine using other fresh herbs of your choice...

Rosemary Chicken Gravy

2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or to taste)
1 cup water
1 tablespoon flour (I use Wondra)
2 packets chicken broth concentrate (I find it at QFC stores)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Combine water, flour & broth concentrate, set aside. Melt butter in small skillet or pan. Add rosemary and stir for a minute. Add water/flour/broth slurry. Cook & whisk for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened. Add salt/pepper. Ta da.