What are you eating Sunday 6/23/2024 to Saturday 6/29/2024?

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Garlic Parmesan baked chicken wings with cauliflower "potato" salad
PXL_20240628_005238743.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Matt flew out from Utah last night and is making an Indian inspired goat dish for dinner. He has no recipe, just throwing it together.

Have you ever had goat? It's getting more and more space in my supermarket (I live in a city with many different ethnicities) these days, but I've never tried it. Does it taste like lamb? Have I asked you this before?

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Have you ever had goat? It's getting more and more space in my supermarket (I live in a city with many different ethnicities) these days, but I've never tried it. Does it taste like lamb? Have I asked you this before?

Lee
I've had it once - about 35 years ago - in Mexico. I was in a fine hotel with a fine dining room, so I took a chance. I remember it being ever so slightly gamey, but not too much.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Looks really good! Although my personal preference is the Tyson chicken fried steak. Thicker, less batter and you can make your own gravy lol. ☺️🤗
I've never tried the Tyson.
I only bought these because Jules said they were good, and they are.
I think she liked them so well because she's been basically avoiding these type of things.

Johnny West

Lee
Yes, have had it several times. It’s a mild sweet tasting meat, not at all like lamb. My antelope I shot was very similar in taste.

Johnny West

I've had it once - about 35 years ago - in Mexico. I was in a fine hotel with a fine dining room, so I took a chance. I remember it being ever so slightly gamey, but not too much.
I searched what goat meat tastes like and answers were all over the place from gamey to lamb like. I never got that the few times I’ve had it, Mexican and a curry. This is a curry and the smell is wonderful. We did get the goat at an Indian shop but it was halal so will see how it goes. Dinner won’t be for 3 more hours.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I searched what goat meat tastes like and answers were all over the place from gamey to lamb like. I never got that the few times I’ve had it, Mexican and a curry. This is a curry and the smell is wonderful. We did get the goat at an Indian shop but it was halal so will see how it goes. Dinner won’t be for 3 more hours.
I had goat in Austria. I didn’t know what it was when I was eating it….I thought it was pork-like

Ginny

I'm making kung pao chicken with Jasmine rice. Rice is in the rice cooker, chicken and veggies have been prepped...with chicken marinating in the fridge. It is a quick and easy meal and one we enjoy.

:hotdog:<--this doesn't apply to anything, I just thought it cute...