What are you eating Sunday 2/12/2023 to Saturday 2/18/2023?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
These Dan Dan noodles are very good, though a bit spicy. Not over the top, though.
They have ground pork, mushrooms and scallions in sauce.
The little chicken egg rolls are delicious and crispy.
Love the dipping sauce.
Very lemony and gingery!
IMG_20230212_164940979.jpg

Embryodad

Dear son and DIL were up in Boston to see his Bruins ( sadly ) lose, and
they stopped to buy us some pastry at the best pastry shop ever.
I gave up my roast beef, mashed potatoes to have all these delicacies instead.
I saved these for my late night snack after the super bowl. And after Tina falls asleep
during the game. She is whooped after watching GGS Liam. He is five, and wow, does he have energy.
IMG_2343.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We decided to have lunch at Brio today because I have been carrying around a gift card for years.

Started out with appys of a flatbread Margharita and beef carpaccio. The flatbread should have been called crackerbread but Craig said it was okay. The carpaccio is pictured below. The dark center is a red and green leaf lettuce salad, and the triangles are the same thing as the pizza crust, but actual crackers. They tasted much better as crispy crackers instead of a pizza crust that was a tiny bit soggy from the toppings. The carpaccio and the bread fresh from the oven in the center of the table were the best part of the meal. We've always loved their take on carpaccio and still do.
20230213_135441.jpg

Craig got spaghetti bolognase for his main. Again, he said it was okay. I ordered a small plate risotto with mushrooms and shrimp and got the below.
20230213_142021.jpg

Obviously not risotto and it had so much black pepper that it was spicy and was unpleasant to eat such that I took 2 small bites of the rice and pushed it away.

We have eaten at Brio previously and enjoyed it, but never at this location. I should have known there was going to be a problem because the waiter had to look at our menus when we ordered and we even had to point out the flatbread.

Also, Craig ordered a diet Coke and then I ordered a Coke, waiter said okay, and then I thought I heard him mumble something under his breath about Pepsi as he was writing down our orders. I stopped him and asked if they had Coke or Pepsi. I don't really care, but Craig does, so we ended up getting bottled mineral water.

He messed up our plates both times he brought them, giving me Craig's and him mine.

After he brought our main and came back to grate cheese on Craig's, he NEVER came back to check if our food was okay. He went to the other 2 tables he had besides us, but never even looked our way. Craig tried hand signaling him, then calling out to him twice, and finally 1 of the other 2 tables pointed out to him that we were trying to get our attention.

I ended up asking for manager because I was seriously ticked off by then. Told him all of the above. We ended up getting our whole meal comped even though I repeatedly told him multiple times we wanted to pay for the food we actually ate, just not for the risotto that wasn't. So, I still have the gift card to continue to carry around.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We decided to have lunch at Brio today because I have been carrying around a gift card for years.

Started out with appys of a flatbread Margharita and beef carpaccio. The flatbread should have been called crackerbread but Craig said it was okay. The carpaccio is pictured below. The dark center is a red and green leaf lettuce salad, and the triangles are the same thing as the pizza crust, but actual crackers. They tasted much better as crispy crackers instead of a pizza crust that was a tiny bit soggy from the toppings. The carpaccio and the bread fresh from the oven in the center of the table were the best part of the meal. We've always loved their take on carpaccio and still do.
View attachment 56013

Craig got spaghetti bolognase for his main. Again, he said it was okay. I ordered a small plate risotto with mushrooms and shrimp and got the below.
View attachment 56015
Obviously not risotto and it had so much black pepper that it was spicy and was unpleasant to eat such that I took 2 small bites of the rice and pushed it away.

We have eaten at Brio previously and enjoyed it, but never at this location. I should have known there was going to be a problem because the waiter had to look at our menus when we ordered and we even had to point out the flatbread.

Also, Craig ordered a diet Coke and then I ordered a Coke, waiter said okay, and then I thought I heard him mumble something under his breath about Pepsi as he was writing down our orders. I stopped him and asked if they had Coke or Pepsi. I don't really care, but Craig does, so we ended up getting bottled mineral water.

He messed up our plates both times he brought them, giving me Craig's and him mine.

After he brought our main and came back to grate cheese on Craig's, he NEVER came back to check if our food was okay. He went to the other 2 tables he had besides us, but never even looked our way. Craig tried hand signaling him, then calling out to him twice, and finally 1 of the other 2 tables pointed out to him that we were trying to get our attention.

I ended up asking for manager because I was seriously ticked off by then. Told him all of the above. We ended up getting our whole meal comped even though I repeatedly told him multiple times we wanted to pay for the food we actually ate, just not for the risotto that wasn't. So, I still have the gift card to continue to carry around.

Wow, sorry it wasn't better, but I'm glad that the manager comped the meal!

Lee

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Super Bowl was nice- My friend loves to BarBQ- I provided the meat he cooked.
Rib's-Hamburger's- Chips & Dips. I haven't had Pinto Beans in Awhile.
I insta pot them- For the meat I used Pork neck bones. They have plenty
of meat on them, and not so fatty. in my freeze I have Vege Beef stew, Chicken & Rice, 2 types of Chili
(Texan, no beans- My Tomato base Chili w/Beans.) Here is my Pinto Bean's w/ Pork Neck.

21323 pinto b.jpg

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Super Bowl was nice- My friend loves to BarBQ- I provided the meat he cooked.
Rib's-Hamburger's- Chips & Dips. I haven't had Pinto Beans in Awhile.
I insta pot them- For the meat I used Pork neck bones. They have plenty
of meat on them, and not so fatty. I have Vege Beef stew, Chicken & Rice, 2 types of Chili
(Texan, no beans- My Tomato base Chili w/Beans.) Her is my Pinto Bean's w/ Pork Neck.

View attachment 56018

I like using pork necks, too, Dan, smoked if possible - particularly to cook with a mess of greens.

Lee

Johnny West

I’ve not been to BJ’s in years and it’s in my area.

Nancy’s birthday is tomorrow so decided to go out tonight since Peter and Amelia are coming tomorrow night. We went to Duke‘s Chowder House and we we’re pleased. I had a calamari steak appetizer, cup of chowder, and fish and chips. The Alaska cod was excellent - only ate one pice and will make a fish sandwich with the other piece tomorrow. Nancy had deviled eggs topped with Dungeness crab, cod taco, and cup of chowder.

BC11C994-0942-414E-9D58-6623AC39C5C5.jpeg
4D2D754E-B811-4597-8D08-E43B26C95714.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Nancy’s birthday is tomorrow so decided to go out tonight since Peter and Amelia are coming tomorrow night. We went to Duke‘s Chowder House and we we’re pleased. I had a calamari steak appetizer, cup of chowder, and fish and chips. The Alaska cod was excellent - only ate one pice and will make a fish sandwich with the other piece tomorrow. Nancy had deviled eggs topped with Dungeness crab, cod taco, and cup of chowder.

View attachment 56025View attachment 56026
Looks great!

Lee

Embryodad

First ...... Everyone, have a great Valentines Day!
Second, ...... Supper is so far planned to be tomato soup with griddled cheese
sandwiches.

View attachment 56025View attachment 56026
Tell Nancy we wish her a Happy Birthday, and have a great celebration!