What are you eating Sunday 12/25/2022 to Saturday 12/31/2022?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Salisbury steak, mashies and green beans.
20221227_190448.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Made pork fried rice with leftover huge pork chops. The warm sake really felt good on this cold night. Dad and I took turns yelling, "Hoo-wee!" when we took too much wasabi in a forkful, LOL!

Geez, I should really be more careful about neatening up plates before snapping pictures!

Lee

dinner.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We went to the Cirque Holidaze show tonight. We had club level tickets, which include the club being open an hour before show, food, unlimited top shelf drinks, and free valet parking, which costs $30 now (boy has that gone up since we last went to theater). Food was a beef brisket that was cooked in an oven, but was quite good, 2 kinds of vege pizzas, a Margharita and a zucchini/yellow squash/onion, roasted sweet potatoes, cole slaw, Hawaiian bread type rolls, crudites with 2 kinds of dip, fresh moz balls and a fresh tomato relish, pasta salad with all kinds of stuff in it, brie wrapped in phyllo, various fruits, an Italian charcuterie, meats and cheese, selection and several different kinds of crackers. Dessert was served after the show, mini cream puffs with chocolate sauce. I had a couple of Amaretto sours with dinner and a couple amaretto on the rocks at intermission. They cut alcohol off 30 minutes before end of show, but continue to serve coffee, sodas and water with dessert for 45 minutes after show.

The show was cool. Can't believe some of the acts and the positions the performers get themselves into. Couple pictures of the theater and the opening act.

20221229_195238.jpg

20221229_195254.jpg

20221229_200818.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds incredible, Karen! I don't think there's a similar type of theater in Boston.

Would love to see a Cirque performance - maybe this upcoming year!

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Sounds incredible, Karen! I don't think there's a similar type of theater in Boston.

Would love to see a Cirque performance - maybe this upcoming year!

Lee

I've wanted to go to one for years but Craig wasn't interested and they were only going to Miami prior to this. I don't like driving down to Miami in the daylight and refuse to at night. I saw they were going to be in Fort Lauderdale back in July and told him i wanted to go. Since i went last time with him to a show i wasn't really interested in, he agreed to go. The Broward Performing Arts Center has 3 theaters in a complex in downtown Fort Lauderdale and several more outlying throughout the county.

I'd be surprised if Boston doesn't have a performing arts center. You should google and see. Cirque has a web site that lists their shows and where they are playing for the current season. Buy tickets ASAP. We've had ours since July.