What are you eating Sunday 1/23/2022 to Saturday 1/29/2022?

Johnny West

My chili is done but a little early to have supper.

View attachment 47626
I hate myself… stuffed.

The chocolate pud is made from tofu and very good.

C1967E60-E11C-4865-8FFC-75ABA4574ACA.jpeg
16D5F43D-B8D7-4753-A2A9-EBA63A67A239.jpeg
1DCCFFBC-8BD9-4CBF-8C20-D5FA1B7277E9.jpeg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I miss those places but then I order an extra cod piece and can’t finish them.
There aren't too many places like Hill's around now.
They do this every Friday.
They bring out 3 pieces with the sides first, then come around again asking if you want more.
I could only handle 3 more.
Guy and his family have a wonderful thing going there.
They're always packed.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Not sure what I'm making for dinner today.
I did go grocery shopping though (AND forgot to take pics of the items running in short supply)..🙄 lol

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We spilt a Cornish hen, some mashed rutabaga and asparagus. I made a mostly fat free mushroom gravy in the roasting pan for the rutabaga. Unfortunately, a split hen cooks in 25-30 minutes, which isn’t enough time for the skin to brown nicely. But we don’t need the extra calories from the skin, so I didn’t worry about it. The meat was perfectly juicy.
82A54920-3F09-4C98-B796-278D6726B36F.jpeg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We spilt a Cornish hen, some mashed rutabaga and asparagus. I made a mostly fat free mushroom gravy in the roasting pan for the rutabaga. Unfortunately, a split hen cooks in 25-30 minutes, which isn’t enough time for the skin to brown nicely. But we don’t need the extra calories from the skin, so I didn’t worry about it. The meat was perfectly juicy.
View attachment 47682
Looks wonderful. I also make 2 hens for 4 people, half each. Maybe under the broiler for a minute or two would brown it, or maybe a torch?