What are you doing today?

Johnny West

I must sort out a "suitable" suit to wear to a wedding on the 14th. It's held at a five-star hotel, so the buffet will be good. :D
There's no way I can go, but this is one I cannot ignore.
My son is getting married in Nov. I don’t wear suits so this one is bothering me. His first marriage we wore blazers and khakis which I liked. I want to wear Wranglers, cowboy boots, and a sport coat. My wife says I’m trying to be like Costner.

LastManStanding

My son is getting married in Nov. I don’t wear suits so this one is bothering me. His first marriage we wore blazers and khakis which I liked. I want to wear Wranglers, cowboy boots, and a sport coat. My wife says I’m trying to be like Costner.
You can wear anything as long as you tell people that it's designer wear 😅 But I like a sports coat and jeans, although this one has to be formal. Partly because the girl is a doctor and therefore some showy posh people will be there, and partly because it's the lunch at a five star hotel.
But considering the trouble I have to go through, if it were just the lunch, going to the buffet alone would be much much cheaper.🤣

Johnny West

I did my usual chores. I filled a bag of food items to put out for the mail man. I see that the county has big trucks at the folks on the corner. She is a notorious hoarder and yard is covered with trash and crap she has collected. One year my wife and the neighbor ladies cleaned her place up. Several years ago the county came and cleaned her out But didn’t take her long to fill the place up. They hauled away her vehicles but see the semi is parked in the yard. There is a huge skip on the street that they are filling. A deputy sheriff is parked in front of our house overseeing the event. Hopefully she and her husband are going into assisted living And get some psych help.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I did my usual chores. I filled a bag of food items to put out for the mail man. I see that the county has big trucks at the folks on the corner. She is a notorious hoarder and yard is covered with trash and crap she has collected. One year my wife and the neighbor ladies cleaned her place up. Several years ago the county came and cleaned her out But didn’t take her long to fill the place up. They hauled away her vehicles but see the semi is parked in the yard. There is a huge skip on the street that they are filling. A deputy sheriff is parked in front of our house overseeing the event. Hopefully she and her husband are going into assisted living And get some psych help.
How sad 😞

Johnny West

How sad 😞
I know, and she is a wonderful person, super intelligent, and a retired GS-13 from the State Department. She was the one that had the daughter, a NASA scientist murdered in Salt Lake City.

I had to run to the post, just now got back, and they are filling the second big skip. I couldn‘t tell if they hauled her Airstream away yet. It is one of the small ones favored by deer and elk hunters. This one is chock full of crap and will have to be destroyed, I’m sure.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
You can just imagine what's inside the house :ohmy:.

Johnny West

You can just imagine what's inside the house :ohmy:.
I’ve seen the garage door open and it is full top to bottom, front to back. I was told the inside is the same with a small path to the bathroom.

We were just over there And read the public nuisance notice put up by the county And they pulled into the drive. She was dazed and confused And claimed they would be living in the house. I don’t see it.

Today we had a tree service guy come and will start taking out trees in our back as well as the big cherry in the front. It will open up our back yard so I’ll have to start wearing shorts in the hot tub. He’s leaving all the wood cut up in lengths I can use in the grill; plum, pear, and cherry. It will be a lifetime supply. Nancy is out moving all the hastas to other shady areas of the green belt.

We also have the furnace man here to do a PM service. Busy day.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I’ve seen the garage door open and it is full top to bottom, front to back. I was told the inside is the same with a small path to the bathroom.
I was hoping that they would be able to clear out the house too. That's probably where the majority of the rats are hiding. That's a health and safety hazard for both them and their surrounding neighbors.

Johnny West

I was hoping that they would be able to clear out the house too. That's probably where the majority of the rats are hiding. That's a health and safety hazard for both them and their surrounding neighbors.
I don’t know what the legalities are with inside their domaine.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I know, and she is a wonderful person, super intelligent, and a retired GS-13 from the State Department. She was the one that had the daughter, a NASA scientist murdered in Salt Lake City.

I had to run to the post, just now got back, and they are filling the second big skip. I couldn‘t tell if they hauled her Airstream away yet. It is one of the small ones favored by deer and elk hunters. This one is chock full of crap and will have to be destroyed, I’m sure.
People who suffer major losses in their lives often turn to hoarding.
Doesn't matter how much money they have or what their background may be.
They are attempting to replace something they lost with "stuff".

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've been crazy busy.
Went to Ms. 102s party at work, then put in a request for coming out of medical records because that and being floor nurse/ unit manager when I do is too much.
If that's approved I'll be working the floor on my rotation and won't have to bother with the extra responsibilities I took on.
Jeff - my son had sinus surgery this morning so naturally I was worried about that for a few hours until I got to see him.
He should be released tomorrow morning.
I need a beer 😄

Johnny West

People who suffer major losses in their lives often turn to hoarding.
Doesn't matter how much money they have or what their background may be.
They are attempting to replace something they lost with "stuff".
Sadly, she was like that before we moved here in 93. The lady next door, at the time, was a psych RN and she tried talking to her and get her help but she refused. I know she has other children in Rapid City but they are estranged.

we just got back from Costco and she was out there unloading stuff from her trunk…. 😔

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm still catching up on Facebook, email AND pm or as they call it DM, so it looks like it's going to be a long night for me social media and otherwise.
Doing the jump back and forth from the phone and laptop.
I just wanna go to bed and watch a movie!
😄

Johnny West

I'm still catching up on Facebook, email AND pm or as they call it DM, so it looks like it's going to be a long night for me social media and otherwise.
Doing the jump back and forth from the phone and laptop.
I just wanna go to bed and watch a movie!
😄
Watch a movie.

Johnny West

The tree service man is here cleaning out our plums and arborvitae. Eventually he will get to the pear and cherry tree. I helped move the hastas and trimmed little stuff. This tree is going and with the pear and plums, a lifetime supply of grilling wood.

83742CE7-46BE-4218-A09F-FBCF6E697FBB.jpeg

Last edited:

Johnny West

I went back out this afternoon and split six more easy pieces. I’ll do a few more before the cocktail hour. I can’t find my wedges so will hit the hardware store tomorrow and get two more. The big trunk pieces will be a bear to split.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've been sicker than I've been in a long time. I eat a lot of peanut butter, so when I heard about the recall, I immediately checked mine. It was Great Value, so I thought I was okay. I came down with the worst case of diarrhea that I've ever experienced. On Friday, the news reported that the Jif recall had been extended to include Great Value.

I think I may have gotten salmonella. I've experienced most of the symptoms listed below. No fever, vomiting, headache, or chills. I would add fatigue to the list. I've been totally wiped out by 7pm.

This stuff is evil. It just takes over your whole life because you're afraid to get too far away from the toilet.

I checked the number on my jar, but it wasn't listed. I don't trust those people anymore. They may have made another big mistake.

Possible signs and symptoms of salmonella infection include:
  • Diarrhea
  • Stomach (abdominal) cramps
  • Fever
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Chills
  • Headache
  • Blood in the stool