What are you doing today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Cooksie, I had salmonella once after eating Chinese and no it's not fun.
Lots of product out on the market are actually a name brand going into a cheaper brand being sold on shelves.

Johnny West

I had shigella’s in Honduras and no fun. I will spare you the details.

Im about ready to hit the hay. I have an 0130 wake up to go salmon fishing in the morning. The springers are running.

Johnny West

I got about two hours of sleep. I made it to my fiend‘s house at 0230. We left at 0250 and made it to Kalama at 0445, and were on the river by 0515. We fished hard till 1225 and had two bites. My friend, Jeff, caught a very nice summer run steelhead but no bites on springs. When we got home he gave it to me. No lie, this is about a $300 fish. I got it filleted and in the freezer. I put the head and carcass on simmer and after a bit will put it in the refrigerator. It will be a base for cioppino for Friday.

As a side note, the guide felt bad I’ve been skunked on four trips and gifted me a trip on the Columbia next month. That’s fishing.

067D5519-B113-4BF2-AF51-10181CAC7ECE.jpeg
BD3D6D5B-5B7C-4BEC-9527-7045389742E2.jpeg

Ironman

🍺
I saw this guy on my patio looking in at me tonight. No front claws and very friendly. I live in the country. Does anyone know what breed of kitty this is? I’m assuming someone from the city dropped him off out here 🤷‍♂️

B159B99A-42ED-46BF-BAC7-F187B92498F5.jpeg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Maybe a rag doll. Very beautiful kitty. Are you going to keep him?

Johnny West

I’m up early - can’t sleep and hip is raging. I cleaned kitchen and will make a coffee in a bit.

Today have some chores to accomplish; unload some bags of dirt for her new garden bed, at least one trip to yard waste facility, and pack for a weekend trip to the wine country. I’m the driver so won’t be drinking much at all.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
This took a bit of wrangling and lots of stressful conversation, but I'm moving back on night shift starting Monday.
I cannot take being in medical records and working the floor, or all the hustle and bustle of early morning chaos any longer.
So I'll be on nights from 10p-6a.
My rotation will basically be the same.
Thank you Jesus!!

Johnny West

Today, after a great breakfast, we stopped at Chukar Cherries in Prosser for a few things, then drove through the Horse Heaven Hills to the Columbia River and into Oregon and toured the McNary Dam salmon information center. After that we went back the way we came and went to Columbia Crest Winery and did a tasting as well buying some wine (two cases). We then drove back to Prosser and stopped at Airline Winery and had a glass of viognier. We then stopped by the Sunnside museum and left the ladies there. Andy and I came back to the B&B to await dinner. That’s my day.

LastManStanding

I was trying to figure out Zoom meetings today. I think I got the basics.
Funny thing, I forgot where I had left my microphone, and called a few friends and told them to search their homes in case I had left it there. And later I found that I was just looking at it all the time! It was right before me! I called them to say that I had left it at another friend's place and he called me with the good news. I was too ashamed to tell them the truth, especially after torturing them to search their homes. lol.

LastManStanding

Reading stuff online for the last time for the foreseeable future. The electricity board is going to disconnect power in one hour. Trade union action. Then I'll be back when things get better. Don't know when.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Trying to figure out a sleep schedule lol
The last two days, I've gotten off at 6:45am, home, quick shower, to bed for approximately 4 solid hours, then a short nap later.
Maybe this is going to be workable for me.
🤷‍♀️
I think I've got way too much on my mind as well.

Johnny West

The rain stopped, I set up my grill, and have everything out and ready to put together. My wife was reorganizing and repotting her kitchen plants so I’m set up on the bar. I went out and split some pear wood. I’m trying to split at least 10 pieces a day. For the pulled pork I will use cherry wood for smoke. I read where a BBQ chef from Alabama said not to use to much wood as the heavy smoke imparts a bitter taste. We’ll see.

This is the pear pile with some arborvitae thrown in. Arborvitae will be the last I will split and it will be left to dry for a year and go in the wood stove.

CE49B033-A333-4618-B9C5-9FD86B759CDD.jpeg

Johnny West

I was supposed to go skeet shooting with my friend, Jeff, but his wife wants to play 18 holes since it‘s to be a nice day. I’m dressed and ready to go but will bag it and go to the shops, then split some wood. … I never got to finish this. We went to south Seattle and took violets, pots, and the leftovers of last night’s dinner to my son and his wife. I forgot to mention they have covid which they think they caught from some high school kids. I was not part of that conversation. After Seattle we drove to Tacoma and Metropolitan Market and got some things for Thursday night’s cassoulet I’m making.

Johnny West

I cleaned the kitchen then went out a split a bit of wood, not as much as I wanted, but will get more done later, I hope. I stacked a wheelbarrow load of cherry and then went in due to rain.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
It's much cooler than it has been outside whew!
We get a break here in Northern Ohio for a couple of days, then back to the steamer lol
I went grocery shopping, then the post office.
Because Sunday is Father's Day, the fresh meat section was nearly bare.
All those cookouts and trips to the lake for the weekend.
I also spent a ton and feel like I barely bought anything 🙄

Johnny West

The rain continues and after she got home from hospital we went for a drive. The Costco parking lot was packed so we headed to Stewart’s Meats in Roy, WA. Their meat case was packed and lots of steaks on sale. I got two ribeyes cut to order, 1.5”, a filet mignon, and four more schnitzel. They were busy with a steady stream of customers. After that we went to WinCo and got a few things to include potatoes for Sunday’s potato salad. Traffic was crazy and glad I’m home now.
DCBD8745-9598-47E4-8588-69172300752E.jpeg

Johnny West

Today is a fun shoot, lunch, and election of officers at the McChord Sportsman’s Club. I’m not going to shoot but will attend the lunch and election. After that I’ll go to the commissary to stock up on necessities that may be needed for the summer.

Shermie

Site Supporter
The rain continues and after she got home from hospital we went for a drive. The Costco parking lot was packed so we headed to Stewart’s Meats in Roy, WA. Their meat case was packed and lots of steaks on sale. I got two ribeyes cut to order, 1.5”, a filet mignon, and four more schnitzel. They were busy with a steady stream of customers. After that we went to WinCo and got a few things to include potatoes for Sunday’s potato salad. Traffic was crazy and glad I’m home now.View attachment 50743
Johnny West, that you in the pic? :whistling: